Feb 16 2013
By: Negimafan Gaming Beast 1823 posts

Finn from Sorcery: Yay or Nay?

30 replies 460 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

So citing ZombieScientist's First Party Character and Ultimate Character polls, Finn when matched against his own 1st-party brethren received a total of 9 votes (3% of the poll). For simple reference, the two-top requested inside this poll (Dart and Wander) broke the 100 barrier without much issue. Meanwhile he fails to show up anywhere in the top 50 when 3rd-party fighters are brought into the equation.

Now in light of the very fake-looking leak suggesting it, if hypothetically Finn were put on the game, would you call it a good inclusion or a terrible one?

After looking into his game, I'd be all for Finn's inclusion (it doesn't convince me to buy a Move, but it looks like a decent game in its own right). Before drawing your own conclusion, take a look at these videos:

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 1 of 31 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Finn from Sorcery: Yay or Nay?

Feb 16, 2013
whether it's true or not, i don't really care,
i've never cared about the roster (although i'd really like a mage type of character), so if he does make it in, fine by me,
upside to him being dlc, he's 1st party right? chances are he might recieve the 'free for 2 weeks' deal like the current dlc...
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 31 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Nay. For now.

We need to et in more popular first party characters like Dart and a Resistance rep first.
Message 3 of 31 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Yay in terms of moveset possibilities, but nay in terms of rolling him out next. They really should add some requested/popular characters next just to please the fans and increase demand.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 31 (393 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Im with Retro, I dont have a problem with him and can see the potential but characters like Dart or Robbit need to show up before Finn gets his time in the light.
Message 5 of 31 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Nay.

NS.png

Message 6 of 31 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

I'd say Yay. 

He's a likeable character  and could have a pretty unique playstyle. Plus since we're likely only getting niche characters from here on out as DLC, he might as well be added in now while people actually remember his game.

Also, I don't think Sorcery's poor sales should be an excuse to exclude him. If that were the case for all characters, Emmett & Nariko wouldn't even be in this game.

Message 7 of 31 (331 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Feb 16, 2013
^^ This. Sorcery was a solid PSMove game. Finn in all honesty is a likable character and he has the whole magic concept to bring to the field (Dan is part melee part magic). It makes sense that we get a Move rep somewhere down the line. Now, if Finn were up next, I'd suggest they release a classic character to balance it out.

In the end we'd get:

A PSMove rep, which covers platform bases.

A possible Classic Rep, to satisfy the nostalgia junkies and depending on the genre the character hails from it can cover the missing JRPG spot.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 31 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Heavenly Sword sold over a one and a half million copies. Sorcery & Starhawk barely sold a tenth of that, so I wouldn't group Nariko with them, although I agree, sales are no excuse to exclude certain characters. Although I disagree about only getting obsecure characters, although that's to be seen.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 31 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 16, 2013
If Sony had gotten someone to make a Heavenly Sword 2 im sure that franchise would have taken off big time. U cant compare Heavenly Sword with Sorcery lol. If move had been bundled in every ps3 im sure it would have moved a ton more units.
Message 10 of 31 (304 Views)
0 Likes