Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 08 2012
By: this_is_Marko Gaming Beast 2075 posts

Finally got to play the game! My opinion

7 replies 257 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

So i went into gamestop today in order to pre-order little big planet karting (wanted to lock down that kevin butler costume with all that suing going on) and saw my gamestop has the PSASBR demo.  I went over to play it and told myself i would try a few rounds.  i was there for 2 hours.

The demo had kratos, parappa, big daddy, and jak and daxter.

The stages were metropolis and hades.

The items were the shield, the rocket launcher, and the spear of destiny.

My experience with the characters:

Big Daddy:  i absolutely sucked with him haha but i could see how someone could be destructive with him

Kratos:  he felt slightly overpowered compared to the other characters in the beta.  He was also the most difficult to fight against.  i can already tell that he will be the character i'll hate fighting the most online

Parappa:  my second favorite to use.  he has some fantastic moves to close the distance and once he does he unloads!

Jak and Daxter:  my favorite character to use.  he gives you both the option to fight close ranged or mid ranged but i prefered more mid range.  His moves each have a very specific time to use each one

Other opinions:

Sometimes i would press a button and my character wouldn't respond.  this is probably because those demo kiosk controllers are so mashed up and mangled though and not the game's fault.  if that's not the case, it was still a very early version of the game

I thought having throws assigned to the control stick would be weird but it actually feels really good.  i like it a lot

Having a separate button for picking up objects felt a little weird to me but i got used to it.  if we can reconfigure the controls, i will probably set block as r1 instead of the item pickup

This is a very minor nitpick but the sound used for hitting someone didn't feel very satisfying to me

The only thing i didn't really like in the game was the music during the matches.  it just felt a little bland to me

Conclusion:

I really enjoyed this game a lot.  it is seriously addicting and each character in the demo seemed completely different than the other 3.  i played for 2 hours with only 4 characters against the computer and still wasn't bored so having 20 characters and playing against human beings must be absolutely amazing.  i was always planning on getting this game but i wasn't sure whether or not to pre-order it.  I definately think i'm going to pre-order it now

Keep in mind that all of this is my opinion.  If you feel otherwise about anything, please say so in a civilized manner instead of trying to attack me.  thanks :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 8 (257 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Re: Finally got to play the game! My opinion

Oct 8, 2012
New beta > GameStop demo
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 2 of 8 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Well the game spot demo has two new characters! Glad you enjoyed it, I'm jealous. The sounds are what are being worked on right now with the polishing so don't worry to much about that. You should put this in the demo impressions thread. Also, where is the game spot?

Message 3 of 8 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 8, 2012

You played for 2 hours at a Gamestop?  The workers were probably like "**bleep**....!"

Message 4 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Holy crap 2 hours I played at Walmart for like 15 min and it was amazing as could be
Message 5 of 8 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 8, 2012

barker09 wrote:

You played for 2 hours at a Gamestop?  The workers were probably like "**bleep**....!"

i pre-ordered little big planet karting beforehand.  that way they couldn't kick me out because i already purchased something haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Oct 8, 2012
I want ti play as Jak and Daxter, that was the only thing that was missing from the beta.
Message 7 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Me and my bro played for two hours at best buy

Message 8 of 8 (80 Views)
0 Likes