Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 29 2012
By: Gourmeran Lombax Warrior 56 posts

Finally: The True Story

2 replies 169 views Edited Sep 29, 2012
Finally an explanation that actually makes sense:

Basically a bear broke loose from a zoo in Brooklyn and stormed into the headquarters of a well-known language translation facility. He stomped on the USB hard drive connected to their main computer that controls critical Japanese to English translation components. The program running translations then communicated erroneous results to various third-party programs that the company provides for. Paul Gale was at the time looking at an unreleased video of a TGS interview that SuperBot had pre-recorded in Japanese. It turns out that his source was actually a foreign relations manager from SuperBot who used one of the aforementioned pieces of software to do his translating. Paul inquired to this source about a phrase stated with giant bold Japanese text on SuperBot's PowerPoint slide in the background. With the errored translation servers, the translation came across with "Gratifyingly their harmonious summation of 20 totaling characters no else at start!" Paul Gale then emailed his until then secret second source, a PR representative from Sony. Paul never heard a response from this representative, but merely 30 minutes later, the representative's manager received a tweet asking about character amounts.

At the very moment he was typing his response, his coworker came and inquired about this mistranslation. Upon hearing this, the manager was finishing out his tweet, and without thinking typed out a number rather than his intended vague response. At this point the translation firm had gotten a backup numerical sever up and running, and they figured the down time was minuscule enough to not alert their users.

Paul Gale at this point had received a follow up from his first source with a corrected translation. He figured no damage had been done but then browsed the Internet and found out this information had somehow come about. He started to upload a statement on Twitter, but suddenly the same bear who had downed the translation servers came rampaging Paul's residence and smashed his linksys router, cutting Paul's wifi connection. By the time Paul plugged directly into Ethernet, he only had enough time to post a brief message about how this situation was a bunch of lies. He then had to go and fight off the now rampant bear.

The translation as it turns out should have actually been "Thank you to the beautifully orchestrated work of the 20 contract PR employees whose contracts have now ended!"

At least that's my understanding.
---
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Finally: The True Story

Sep 29, 2012

And now, the theme of Batgale, defender of Sony City.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Re: Finally: The True Story

Sep 29, 2012
10/10 would read again
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (109 Views)
0 Likes