Dec 27 2012
By: C1TYMAT1C First Son 16 posts

Fighting etiquette

6 replies 148 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

Assume that there is an online 2 v 2 fight between Team A and Team B. Where it is clear that a partner of Team A has not properly connected to the game so that the character is basically a sitting duck that doesn't fight back, it is bad etiquette for Team B to use the 'sitting duck' as an AP builder and to score kills.

Discuss.

Message 1 of 7 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Fighting etiquette

Dec 27, 2012
I'll kill the sitting duck so they won't respawn. Make of that what you will. I see it as this: it prevents him from being an AP farm, and he is eventually gonna die. Might as well be me that kills him so he can't be farmed.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 7 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I will make the match a 1v1 between the active player and my teammate and periodically switch against him to be fair at least in stock matches. in ranked timed I at least kill him to get him off the stage
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 3 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Dec 27, 2012
If it's ranked, that's a bummer for Team A, but I wouldn't show mercy. If it were unranked, my reaction would have to depend on my mood at the time.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 4 of 7 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Some good points made here. I had not thought of the divide between ranked and unbanked and I take the point that in ranked all's fair in love and war.

i also think that it's a good point to clear the decks of any sitting ducks ASAP to prevent them becoming an AP farm.

i just finished an unranked game where my partner - the sitting duck - did NOT disappear after being killed so while one member of the opposite team kept me tied up, the other farmed my sitting duck partner for AP and then kills.  I thought to myself, "that's just not cricket." I would not do - and have not done -  the same to others and was curious to know what general community sentiment is.

Message 5 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 27, 2012

In the suggested scenario I'd leave the person who didn't connect alone, ranked or unranked. In FFA if a person has obviously not connected but are still on the stage, I see it as a race between the 3 active players to see who will secure the body-clear kill.

Message 6 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Ranked match is kill or be killed, no doubt. But in unranked I leave them alone. I think it shows you're trying a little too hard, and you're Probly not that good if you have get your ap from a dummy.
Message 7 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes