Feb 02 2013
By: Aylas_Hero Survivor 2365 posts

Fettuccine Friday 1v1 Tournament (3) RESULTS!!!

6 replies 118 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

Hello everyone! This tournament might have been one of the most exciting yet!

Dabuz and I both managed to run tournaments at the same time same day, and I thank everyone who competed in one, the other, or BOTH for being such great sports and for giving us something amazing to watch!

We serious had some firsts in this tournament! A Kratos in 1st place! He was used 4 times in the Grand Finals, so it wan't just a tag along character either.

A Nariko in top 3! public_enemy645's FIRST tournament and was in the top three not only here, but in Dabuz's as well! Amazing job!

Xadrin get's mad props for taking Grand Finals to set 2 as well! 

A special shout out to Asis who had to leave due to family emergency or might have gotten farther: HUGE shout outs to you man. I hope things went well, and they're okay. 

Now for character use analysis: we got some interesting variety this tournament, not the usually Evil Cole fest I was getting used to! (We only had the one really!) Big Daddy placed rather well, and it seems like there is a spike in Sackboys and PaRappa's this week which is interesting. Also, not a bad turnout in Ratchet, Spike, and Sweet Tooth players either. 

The variety is very interesting to see: maybe 1v1 is a bit better balanced then we expect? Or maybe some characters are seriously untapped in potential yet. A lot of characters with unexpected placing, Including a 5th place Spike and Sir Daniel, And two Big Daddy players in the top 8. I guess only time will tell!

But I bet my talk is boring! Time to see the results!

1st: Mogilicudi (Fat Princess/Kratos) 

2nd Xadrin (Evil Cole) 

3rd: public_enemy645 (Nariko/Ratchet)

4th: Ginta2468 (Sackboy)

5th: Asis_aka_Talent (Everyone? :smileywink:;) ) 
5th: jeffjeff9996 (Spike/Sackboy/Sir Daniel)

7th: Fromundaman (Big Daddy/Good Cole)
7th: CalDW19940 (Big Daddy/ Sir Dan/ Sweet Tooth)

9th: ACursedOne (Ratchet)
9th: Paradox-Addict (Sackboy)
9th: MagicSith (PaRappa)
9th: SROVRSTRM (Spike/Jak/PaRappa)

13th: TempestTheory (Drake)
13th: ThaJyesta (Sackboy)
13th: LunarReaper (Nariko)
13th: Smash_and_Crash (PaRappa)

17th: Darkcloudrepeat (Ratchet)
17th: Deev64 (Sweet Tooth)
17th: Omedon86 (Raiden/Nariko)
17th: johngie (Big Daddy/Radec)
17th: TheAnimeBughead (Ratchet)
17th: Tamluka (Spike/Radec)
17th: Adanimo (Sweet Tooth, Dante, Raiden, Good Cole)
17th: BkxUzi (Spike/Sweet Tooth/Sir Dan/ Raiden)

25th: Derplorddewgong (PaRappa)

The Bracket: http://challonge.com/FF31v1

Thanks again to eveyone who showed up! We had a lot of fresh new faces this week, and some of them went pretty far! I hope next week is even bigger and better then this one was! :D:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Re: Fettuccine Friday 1v1 Tournament (3) RESULTS!!!

Feb 2, 2013
I know I shouldn't bump like this, I just wanna make sure this isn't buried by the trolls! >_<
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013
Such a great tournament, GGs to everyone I faced. I really would have liked to place better but ah well, maybe next time.

I feel a bit less bad losing to Xaldrin seeing how far he went. I just thought I was free to EC (Although this may still be the case).

Shoutouts to PE for doing so well at his first tournaments! Seriously, you wrecked face today! We gotta make sure your friend gets here in time to join next week though! I'd love to see another new face take the community by storm.

Shoutouts to not hitting Vitas this week! WHOOO!

Shoutouts to Ayla's and Dabuz for hosting their tournies and being patient with the play times so that we could compete in both tournaments.

Somehow I hit multiple Sackboys, a Ratchet and a Spike in this tournament. This was a highly unusual event.

Thanks to everyone for the games. I learned a lot and hope to come back better than ever next week.
Also, I'm going to figure out BD's double kill and abuse the **bleep** out of it. I'm not entirely sure why I even had that "This **bleep** ain't fair" moment XD (But as they say in Smash, No Johns!)

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Yes, the tournament was rather cool this week I have to admit!

hopefully we can pull close to this turnout on Sunday, but with the Super Bowl it might be tough!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Great tournament, had a lot of fun! will post my matches on here when i get them edited

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Feb 2, 2013
GGs everyone. That last Xadrin Match I had was ridiculously close, but he ended up taking the win due to a surprise super right when I was about to kill him. Mad props for that.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 2, 2013
I look extremely forward to seeing the videos!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes