Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 17 2013
By: GnomeWizard PlayStation MVP 2395 posts

Fearless stage not going to be free??

18 replies 650 views Edited Jan 17, 2013
"Our newest level, Fearless — a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout — will also be available to purchase in February. Please note that purchasing Fearless will allow you to select the stage offline and in non-ranked lobbies, while those who choose not to purchase it can still enjoy it in ranked games online ." -from the playstation blog in the us.

Does this mean its not gonna be free aswell?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: Fearless stage not going to be free??

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
"Our newest level, Fearless — a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout — will also be available to purchase in February. Please note that purchasing Fearless will allow you to select the stage offline and in non-ranked lobbies, while those who choose not to purchase it can still enjoy it in ranked games online ." -from the playstation blog in the us.

Yup, it will be paid.  Just to clarify, SuperBot never stated (as far as I can recall) that Fearless was going to be free as well.  Last I had heard, in a video interview, Omar had stated that they had yet to decide whether or not Fearless was going to be paid DLC while also trying to brainstorm ways to not split the online community.  It looks like they solved this problem by providing Fearless to everyone for free on Online Ranked Matches only.  You will have to buy it on the PS Store if you'd like to play it locally or on quick matches.  Personally, I will be purchasing this map because I would love to support SuperBot's efforts and I have been following this game for a very long time  =]

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (636 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 17, 2013

musicfreaklam wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

Yup, it will be paid.  Just to clarify, SuperBot never stated (as far as I can recall) that Fearless was going to be free as well.  Last I had heard, in a video interview, Omar had stated that they had yet to decide whether or not Fearless was going to be paid DLC while also trying to brainstorm ways to not split the online community.  It looks like they solved this problem by providing Fearless to everyone for free on Online Ranked Matches only.  You will have to buy it on the PS Store if you'd like to play it locally or on quick matches.  Personally, I will be purchasing this map because I would love to support SuperBot's efforts and I have been following this game for a very long time  =]

Agreed, Im defnintely down for supporting SB. I love this game and the more content we get thte better :smileyvery-happy: as long as the pricing is reasonable ofcourse lol. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (625 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6905 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Who cares? Fearless will be free in online ranked games the reason for the purchase is for offline and unranked and besides we're getting 2 charactecomfrey why are you complaining

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Jan 17, 2013
bummer, I still Kat wait for Feb 12th
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (607 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 17, 2013

That's fine, I'll just buy it allong with the next characters we get, one less stage doesn't bother me especially since I haven't played Heavanly Sword yet and Wipe Out was rather underwhelming for me especially since I was hoping for something similar to F-Zero but it's much slower than F-Zero, yeah I know that's just me being bias but god dammit I want a new F-Zero so I wanted my fill of a high speed sci-fi racer.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (605 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2395 posts

Jan 17, 2013
"Who cares? Fearless will be free in online ranked games the reason for the purchase is for offline and unranked and besides we're getting 2 charactecomfrey why are you complaining"
First off, ranked matches are basically unplayable at this point. Second of all, I didn't complain. I just asked a question.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Fail on Superfail, Fail on

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (544 Views)
Wastelander
615 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I have 5 extra dollars on the psn.

I could just use that to get the dlc I suppose.

Would be nice if PS+ gave a discount/made it free.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (524 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6905 posts

Jan 17, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
"Who cares? Fearless will be free in online ranked games the reason for the purchase is for offline and unranked and besides we're getting 2 charactecomfrey why are you complaining"
First off, ranked matches are basically unplayable at this point. Second of all, I didn't complain. I just asked a question.

Unplayable? watchu talkin bout Willis?

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (504 Views)
0 Likes