Oct 18 2012
By: ThaWhiplash Splicer 59 posts

Fat Princess Needs Some Help

14 replies 319 views Edited Oct 18, 2012

As you can probably tell by my icon that i enjoy playing fat princess. But it is just so hard to build meter on her compared to other characters. She is slower by quite a margin and her start up animations are slow as well so its easy to counter them with a quick punch. I just want her to be a little faster and maybe some animation times reduced. Is that too much to ask? Lets look at the other characters.

Kratos: Don't even get me started with this guy. Atleast 1 in every match! Sometimes 2 or 3. This guy is the bane of my exsistence and i know a lot of other players feel the same way. He is so fast and can build meter ridiculously fast. So fast its not even fair. I can't even get a hit on him usually because i keep getting pulled in/ combo'd like crazy. Once he hits level 3 it is good game 

Radec: omg that sniper. Such a huge knockback and quite the meter build as well. Everyone just seems to spam it and for someone as slow as Fatprincess it is quite effective against her.

Message 1 of 15 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Re: Fat Princess Needs Some Help

Oct 18, 2012
yeah fat princess is my favorite too but shes fairly hard to use when fighting kratos
Message 2 of 15 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I'm actually pretty good with Fat princess. As long as you know how to dodge Radec's Sniper then it's really easy to attack him.

But yeah, Kratos can be hard sometimes to get at (although attacking from above and then comboing works for me)

A really good FP combo I use is Over-Square (or Triange) and then Up-Triangle. It gets a good amount of AP (45 i think) and it's really easy to pull off if you Down-Triange them to stun from above first.

Message 3 of 15 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Yes i do know and use that combo because it seems the only thing to get some AP. And landing her down triangle from above can be tricky
Message 4 of 15 (298 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Oct 18, 2012
So you want FP advice eh? Well let me tell you two things that can help. 1. Abuse her stun! Meaning use down triangle a lot. And 2! Stay in the air! She probably out of the five (excluding Sly since I never played him) has the best airial game out of them, her side triangle, up triangle, and down triangle mostly, but planting bombs and using the knight works as well in the air too. Her side triangle in the air makes her fly across the screen which is probably one of her most useful tools to getting around Radec.
Message 5 of 15 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Thanks for the tips.
I also wish you could attack while riding the chicken in the air. But im not sure if that would be a little over powered
Message 6 of 15 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Probably make it overpowered.
Message 7 of 15 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

yeah

Oct 18, 2012

in the beta she is one of my mains along with parappa and sly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 8 of 15 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

I feel like Fat Princess is currently the most underrrated character in the beta. I honestly believe she has advantageous match ups against both Kratos and Radec. She has a steep learning curve, but once you learn her tricks she can be a deadly character. I feel she has the potential to be the best character in the beta right now (just noone else sees it right now...). The key to success for Fat Princess lies in the use of her summons...

It is worth noting that you actually CAN attack in the air with the chicken. While in the air, the chicken will flap its wings rather than dashing. Any enemies caught by the flapping will be KOed.

Message 9 of 15 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Oct 18, 2012
^Oh I guess that is something they added since I couldn't do that in the old beta. I am getting on tomorrow anyways. She is highly underated though.
Message 10 of 15 (214 Views)
0 Likes