Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Fat Princess' Kill confirm is getting a bit obnoxious, eh?

Jan 20, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Kill-Combos-amp-Confirms-Just-Wa...

She has a ton of Kill Confirms, you might want to specify. 

And her speed is absolutely fine. There is nothing overpowered about it. 

You opinion. I feel it is! due to the battles ive been in.

I've fought some fantastic FPs (Read: Chof), and there is nothing about her speed that makes her OP. Things she could do without? Super armor on her neutral square, an insane amount of kill confirms, I believe she has a loop, her great area control. Her speed in no way makes her unfair. She's a fairly slow character, anyway. Her knights are the fastest thing about her.

Like I said her speed is OP to me. I can see it in her movements and the way she dodge certain attakcs. You just need to pay more attention. She's nowhere near slow. Only Sir Daniel and BD are slow...

It's not that her standard walking speed is slow, it's that her ways of getting around other than that are kinda slow. Forward square and forward triangle are her best ways of getting places faster, and those are both not that great. She moves faster than a fat person, yes, but if this game applied logic she wouldn't move at all. Furthermore, she's a small, cutesy character. Those characters shouldn't be slow and generally never are. Furthermore, all characters dodge at almost the exact same speed and distance with the potential exception of Heihachi. Just because she does a ballerina twirl doesn't make her incredibly fast. She's honestly got less movement in some ways than Big Daddy, because his air forward triangle is a big fastball of superarmor. What FP's got that is almost too good is how well she controls the area. She excels on the ground, and if you leave the ground than she can bring you right back down with relative ease.

WOW! How wrong you are... Did you really just say this. This is factual wrong... Are we playing the same game?

Anyway overall FP is fast in all fields. It can be seen in her movements and attacks which are barely dodgable.

I don't know, are we? All characters roll within 2 training tiles of each other. The only ones that don't cover the same distance are Raiden and Sir Dan who go a tile far, as well as Sackboy, Toro, and Spike who go a tile short. All rolls fall within the same speed range, and the speed difference makes hardly any difference. As a matter of fact, Fat Princess's roll is one of the slower rolls. I literally just tested it. You may want to get your facts straight.

Her knights are fast and her square attacks were fast. Maybe you want to learn how to block and roll appropriately before you complain? Her attacks are very dodgeable. Her circle moves are very announced and therefore easy to dodge. Her square moves are predictable. Once hit, she'll beat the snot out of you. That has nothing to do with speed. Just because you get stuck in her combos and don't know how to fight her doesn't make her too fast. And besides, don't you play as Jak? You know, one of the fastest characters in the game?

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 21 of 43 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Kill-Combos-amp-Confirms-Just-Wa...

She has a ton of Kill Confirms, you might want to specify. 

And her speed is absolutely fine. There is nothing overpowered about it. 

You opinion. I feel it is! due to the battles ive been in.

I've fought some fantastic FPs (Read: Chof), and there is nothing about her speed that makes her OP. Things she could do without? Super armor on her neutral square, an insane amount of kill confirms, I believe she has a loop, her great area control. Her speed in no way makes her unfair. She's a fairly slow character, anyway. Her knights are the fastest thing about her.

Like I said her speed is OP to me. I can see it in her movements and the way she dodge certain attakcs. You just need to pay more attention. She's nowhere near slow. Only Sir Daniel and BD are slow...

It's not that her standard walking speed is slow, it's that her ways of getting around other than that are kinda slow. Forward square and forward triangle are her best ways of getting places faster, and those are both not that great. She moves faster than a fat person, yes, but if this game applied logic she wouldn't move at all. Furthermore, she's a small, cutesy character. Those characters shouldn't be slow and generally never are. Furthermore, all characters dodge at almost the exact same speed and distance with the potential exception of Heihachi. Just because she does a ballerina twirl doesn't make her incredibly fast. She's honestly got less movement in some ways than Big Daddy, because his air forward triangle is a big fastball of superarmor. What FP's got that is almost too good is how well she controls the area. She excels on the ground, and if you leave the ground than she can bring you right back down with relative ease.

WOW! How wrong you are... Did you really just say this. This is factual wrong... Are we playing the same game?

Anyway overall FP is fast in all fields. It can be seen in her movements and attacks which are barely dodgable.

I don't know, are we? All characters roll within 2 training tiles of each other. The only ones that don't cover the same distance are Raiden and Sir Dan who go a tile far, as well as Sackboy, Toro, and Spike who go a tile short. All rolls fall within the same speed range, and the speed difference makes hardly any difference. As a matter of fact, Fat Princess's roll is one of the slower rolls. I literally just tested it. You may want to get your facts straight.

Her knights are fast and her square attacks were fast. Maybe you want to learn how to block and roll appropriately before you complain? Her attacks are very dodgeable. Her circle moves are very announced and therefore easy to dodge. Her square moves are predictable. Once hit, she'll beat the snot out of you. That has nothing to do with speed. Just because you get stuck in her combos and don't know how to fight her doesn't make her too fast. And besides, don't you play as Jak? You know, one of the fastest characters in the game?

You got some serious issues. So not only do you contradict yourself by then trying to correct yourself, then you also go ahead and say all rolls dodge at the same speed. 1st off speed difference makes a lot of difference since players who can dodge faster will evade attacks faster and smoother(like Cole). This isn't smash brothers ok? The dodging system durations wasn't copied and pasted for each character. Some characters have better dodges then others. Its part of the games concept. As a Jak main I immediately picked up on how fast and farther Coles roll dodge was once I picked him. You need to get your facts straight because atm I don't know if your trolling or even have the game. With your logic I guess every grab has the same exact grabbing speed and every character can grab at the same exact speed repeatedly.

Maybe you aught to shut up and stop assuming things because you have no idea who your talking to and how I play. I never complained and I never said she was a major problem for me I just stated my opinion on her but you want to reply to me with all this defensive whinning nonsense. Looking at your whole 2nd paragraph is completely irrelevant to my point and how I play. I love how you came up with your own big ignorant conclusion there. Its easy isn't it to just assume and think you know what you're talking about but don't? Fooling and lying to yourself to try and make a point... must be fun, ill try it sometime.

At this point im considering you as a troll. If anything Jak is not fast at all, he is average/slow. He's just mobile. Mobile does not mean fast. For instance Cole is faster then Jak.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 43 (215 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jan 20, 2013
You are basically complaining about kill confirms, keeping aerial is the only way to deal with it but makes the game not fun. Just learn your characters one

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 23 of 43 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Except, I literally just tested it. Cole has an average rolling length, and a few miliseconds faster isn't that important. No character's rolls are significantly faster or significantly slower. Furthermore, would you not want your roll to last LONGER so you can stay invulnerable longer? I would also like to quote myself. "Furthermore, all characters dodge at almost the exact same speed and distance".  I don't see myself contradicting or correcting myself, merely going into detail. 

Furthermore, I have argued with you before, and have seen your previous posts. I'm pretty sure I "know who I'm dealing with". And I never accused you of whining, nor did I ever whine. Just stating that you are incorrect. 

And again, one of them.  Not THE fastest, but up there. The Coles and Raiden are faster than him, but he's still decently fast. His hoverboard lets him move around fairly quickly. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 24 of 43 (199 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

FP's neutral square only has lvl2 super armor when you hold it, lvl 1 super armor on her first nonhold. That being said, her held one is VERY easily breakable by MANY attacks, but will USUALLY (not always) beat out other square attacks. FP relies on her minions and air-to-ground combos. Her main confirm (air forward+circle) is not only negated by jumping, but also by platforms (something Raiden and the Coles don't really have to worry about). Also without those confirms, her level 1 is extremely harder to land with it's fast but short and EASILY intteruptable range. This also goes for her Level 2 as well, since it's easier to dodge than m

ost Level 2 supers (sans Sweet Tooth, everyone knows he has the weakest Lvl 2). And don't get me started on her Level 3, I've recently learned that the ONE character I thought that would always get hit woth it, is in fact one of the most capable to dodge FP's Level 3. Yes she can combo, ueah she's fast, but she's also very reliant for her setups when you find out how subpar her supers actually can be.

BTW, the lvls for super armor are kinda made up and based on absorption. For instance Big Daddy's is more torwards a lvl 3 maaybe 4 super armor since it's a bit harder to stop.

~GL

ps-She doesn't need anything nerfed. She seems pretty balanced imo. Then again I can be completely biased since I main her.

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 25 of 43 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 20, 2013
FP needs a nerf?
Kill me.
Message 26 of 43 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 20, 2013

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
So you want a barely imbalanced character nerfed because you can't bother with her kill confirms?
There are plenty other characters that needs nerfing before FP.

If you re-read my thread, you'll understand that I just stated for the KILL CONFIRM to be taken away/nerfed in some manner. Not her.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 27 of 43 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:
You're not even that great of a player so you shouldn't be making balance threads.

I've fought you on my Fat P a while ago in free for all so I can talk from experience.

I'm a very good player o.o

Remind me of your PSN name again? And which mode was it?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 28 of 43 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:
You are basically complaining about kill confirms, keeping aerial is the only way to deal with it but makes the game not fun. Just learn your characters one

The forums, at least post-game-release, are for SuperBot to see the complaints of others, and that's pretty much how they decide their DLC characters, nerfing, and buffing. Please don't say "you're basically complaining, blah blah blah"...

That's what the forum's for now, they check here often.

I know how to use my character...?

Message 29 of 43 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Ari_Ownx wrote:
FP needs a nerf?
Kill me.

People really need to read.....

I said her KILL CONFIRM needs to be nerfed in some way.

Message 30 of 43 (163 Views)
0 Likes