Splicer
86 posts

Re: Fat Princess: Community Fall Patch Wishlist

Aug 9, 2013

Spike's Bananas do kill confirm believe it or not....I've seen a few spikes actually kill confirm off of it. They also interrupt possible combos when placed on the floor and there's 3 at a time and can interrupt in air if the ape gets you with one. They are just as good and they are a necessity for Spike players.

(And I am not asking for a nerf of Spike's move BTW, just bringing that up as an example)

Spike is better than low tier....low tier is for characters Radec/Emmett/Sweet T. Spike's better than that.....he's kinda Toro esque though that he can do with better supers.

Message 51 of 154 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Aug 9, 2013

@Blindsided20

Kat and Kratos do have a lot of level 2 KCs yes, Fat P has a lot of level KCs as well.   On its own in FFA it is pretty good, in a 1v1 I have seen Fat Ps catch their opponent twice a few times and as said it has a lot of KCs.  I disagree with Iggy, we shouldn't be trying to bring everyone up to top tier but either down or up to borderline tier as those characters seem to be the best balanced (Parappa, Dante, Big Daddy and Zeus).  This is something Ginta posted at the arena and I agree with him:

Top tiers- generally nerfed
High Tier- slightly nerfed
Borderline- goes either way, but should be what to shoot for in tiers
Mid- slight buffs
Low- generally buffed

Just because something has been nerfed in the past doesn't mean it shouldn't be nerfed further, you don't determine whether something should be nerfed or buffed based on the number of times it has been nerfed or buffed in the past but how the move or character is balanced or the move is balanced. 

She needs more than that at the end -_-  we need to be balancing characters for a balanced allstars, I feel that you guys are trying to balance Fat P for the current meta, trying to keep her top tier for this meta, which if the patch goes properly, would be well above everyone else.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 52 of 154 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

The issue I think some Fat P regular players are taking is that people who don't really play or use Fat P are the ones calling for the nerfs and don't have too much knowledge of the character other than seeing Fat P players online who know how to play her well.

I don't think any of the suggestions the Fat P players here have been too outlandish. Outside of her level 3, no one has really called for anything drastic. There are a few tweaks she needs which I mentioned before IMO. She's not above anything, its just the demands some have are borderline character breaking and will further discourage people from playing her online which tbh not many players do use her for whatever reason(Look I guess).

(I play a lot of 2 on 2 as opposed to FFA/1 on 1. I agree Fat P is a monster in those but in 2 on 2 she has her limitations and is a fair player. I just think her game in 2 on 2 will take a big hit if nerfed down.)

Message 53 of 154 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6396 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Emmett isn't low tier blindsided.

FP is a pretty solid 2v2 character, not the best but still solid. We got to be fair for everyone, She needs to be toned down. It isn't as if we want her low tier, we just want her to be fair and I do not believe some of the nerfs suggested here are character breaking. I believe her bomb and level 3 need buffs, but not without the price of nerfs.

I am willing to give up the false l 20 ap jam, and nerfing the up circle jumpad and level 3, and make his level 2 cost 350(Not without fixing his up square l and a few other minor buffs of course) for Sackboy, and two of those moves are arguably his best moves along with the electric pad. I don't see why FP can't get hit slightly harder, especially since she is higher on the tier list than Sackboy.
Message 54 of 154 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Aug 9, 2013

MarcusSoul wrote:
I think that this could be that I've still got much to learn, but Illuvial GCole is not safer than FP.

Aha, aahahahhahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahhaa :smileylol:

Message 55 of 154 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Aug 9, 2013
No lllulivial I'm very serious. Explain to me why he is and then ill explain to you why he isn't.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 56 of 154 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Blindsided20 wrote:

Spike's Bananas do kill confirm believe it or not....I've seen a few spikes actually kill confirm off of it. They also interrupt possible combos when placed on the floor and there's 3 at a time and can interrupt in air if the ape gets you with one. They are just as good and they are a necessity for Spike players.

(And I am not asking for a nerf of Spike's move BTW, just bringing that up as an example)

Spike is better than low tier....low tier is for characters Radec/Emmett/Sweet T. Spike's better than that.....he's kinda Toro esque though that he can do with better supers.

Yeah, bananas are very useful for Spike, but they are much less useful compared to minions. For started the bananarang is a situational Kill Confirm that most Spike's will never use because it is so risky and fairly spacing specific to pull off. The minion KCs are not situational.

Sure they can cut off certain combos, but thats once in a blue moon (honestly, how many times does this actully happen?) and again, is situational and avoidable. Not to mention that unlike Minions 70% of the cast can counter bananas easily.

Dante - Guns

Spike - Bananas

Ratchet - Agents of Doom and he never has to go near them

Emmett - Grenades and he never has to go near them

Cole - Basically any attack and he never has to go near them

Evil Cole - Basically any attack and he never has to go near them

Tooth - Molotovs and he never has to go near them

Kat - She never even has to go near them thanks to her insane combos that can go from ground to air with ease and her invincible slide

Zeus - Lightning Bolts and any super armor attack that Spike has insane trouble countering

Isaac - Grenades and he never has to go near them

Jak - Gyro Buster (but to be fair it is situational)

Big Daddy - His super armor

Nariko - Her midair spinny move that destroys bananas and is hard for Spike to punish as well a couplt other moves (I don't play many Narikos lol)

Sackboy - Never has to go near them

And this is just off the top of my head. More characters probably have their own weays of screwing Banana mines over. Now how many characters aren't affected by minions but still win the match-up? I honestly can't think of a single non-top tier character. Spike's best tool is negated by over half the cast, while Fatty P's best tool is only negated by 3-4 characters at most.

Besides, with minions all Fatty has to do is call them out, they she can jump or start doing a wand attack of her own and now the opponent has to deal with two attacks at the same time. Its like fighting a C. Viper in Marvel vs Capcom 3, she uses unblockables while you are forced to block because of an assist, and if you let the assist hit you she will get an even bigger punish than if the unblockable hits you. Of course, Fatty P isn't as bad as Viper, but its the same basic concept. She can still call a minion out and move around, but if she gets hit one of her two attacks or her defensive option is now gone for a moment.

As for what iggy offered as a nerf for Fatty, only allowing moves that have strong knockback isn't helping. ALl it does it get the person some AP while Fatty gets a reset and the ability to apply more pressure as if nothing happened. So your solution to her being safe as hell is making her safe as hell but punishable by small AP gain? That's not enough, but maybe I read your comment wrong.

Message 57 of 154 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Blindsided20 wrote:

LMFAO

I had a long-ish post written out to counter this but my internet closed it so all I'm gonna say is you made no valid points here and all that I agree with is: Spike needs the bananas and that Radec and ST are low tier, everything else is wrong (the general points anyway).

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 58 of 154 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1123 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013
Ok i just skimmed this and heard people talking about an infimite? Im asuming you guys are referring to my unblockable loop.

1 IT ISNT AN INFINITE. This is a tricky reset I found that can be escaped. learn terms people.Infinites cannot be escaped.

The Fatp podcast was done wednesday, it should be up sunday. Me dillon3000 and dabuz discussed it. The only nerf that sounds reasonable to me is have players able to score ap off hitting minions. Them being able to be destroyed shouldnt be added though.

quick edit. Sorry whether you like it or not but sb IS balancing this around ffa. Thats how it goes. so when looking at nerfing or buffing i need to look at that type of play. Fatp has the same issue as raiden kat etc in ffa or dubz. Their kcs take time. Its easy to get interrupted or killed yourself.

I'll just let the fatp podcast be the last of what I have to say about nerf/buffs for fatp. It is annoying having people come in here who know nothing about the character and trying to throw out ideas with nothing to base it off of though.
Message 59 of 154 (193 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Aug 10, 2013

iiGGYxD wrote:
Ok i just skimmed this and heard people talking about an infimite? Im asuming you guys are referring to my unblockable loop.

1 IT ISNT AN INFINITE. This is a tricky reset I found that can be escaped. learn terms people.Infinites cannot be escaped.

The Fatp podcast was done wednesday, it should be up sunday. Me dillon3000 and dabuz discussed it. The only nerf that sounds reasonable to me is have players able to score ap off hitting minions. Them being able to be destroyed shouldnt be added though.

quick edit. Sorry whether you like it or not but sb IS balancing this around ffa. Thats how it goes. so when looking at nerfing or buffing i need to look at that type of play. Fatp has the same issue as raiden kat etc in ffa or dubz. Their kcs take time. Its easy to get interrupted or killed yourself.

I'll just let the fatp podcast be the last of what I have to say about nerf/buffs for fatp. It is annoying having people come in here who know nothing about the character and trying to throw out ideas with nothing to base it off of though.

I like how you're the only person in these podcasts that is talking about FFA

Message 60 of 154 (177 Views)
0 Likes