Fender Bender
3750 posts

Re: Fat Princess: Community Fall Patch Wishlist

Aug 6, 2013

GameLink7 wrote:

My Patch wishlist for FP: No nerfs, no buffs either: just fix some bugs.

Main bug: Her level 3. There's been so many bugs with this online it's crazy. Sometimes NO fireballs come out at ALL, sometimes a fireball or two will linger and chase after the super animation is complete.

And I dunno if this has been fixed yet, but getting hit for an incorrect answer on Dreamscape/Buzz while in Level 2 will allow her be infinitely be in Level 2.

Other than that, comparing to others, she's fine. I used to complain about her Level 3 being useless, but seeing how 1 and 2 are decent (flawed but good), it balances. Also for those wanting for her to have more block recovery, unless you fix up+square Kratos and slide spam Drake, then the blocking is just fine.

~GL

She is top tier, and ridiculously safe on block, we are wanting to nerf all of the other top tiers right? If we leave her as is then she will be BROKEN tier, like Kat is now.  Her level 1 and 2 are great, they have loads of great easy confirms (which are safe on block).  She needs nerfs.  Her fireballs in level 3 are supposed to stayI think.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 11 of 154 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 6, 2013

I think the problem with fat is that people dont really know exactly  what they must do against her. She is probably the characters i never see online ( 1 match per 20 ), so its normal that people find her top tier right now. When you know what to do against a fat, ist not so difficult(dont stay on the ground, only if you put her on the ground). I dont think she is top tier , because when I rarely fight a fat online, she is really not a problem and the guy who play her never win, not as character as Raiden, Kratos, Kat, G Cole, Dante,etc... I play her, but she is not my main ( Bid Dad et Heihachi), but except the fact she could be more punishable on block, her levels are ok, because many of the game are fast and they will probably stay fast after the maj.

+ there is a glitch with her level 2: when i am hit when i play fat while im activating my level, the chicken doesnt appear and i cant kill.

Message 12 of 154 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Aug 6, 2013

colossusmic123 wrote:

I think the problem with fat is that people dont really know exactly  what they must do against her. She is probably the characters i never see online ( 1 match per 20 ), so its normal that people find her top tier right now. When you know what to do against a fat, ist not so difficult(dont stay on the ground, only if you put her on the ground). I dont think she is top tier , because when I rarely fight a fat online, she is really not a problem and the guy who play her never win, not as character as Raiden, Kratos, Kat, G Cole, Dante,etc... I play her, but she is not my main ( Bid Dad et Heihachi), but except the fact she could be more punishable on block, her levels are ok, because many of the game are fast and they will probably stay fast after the maj.

+ there is a glitch with her level 2: when i am hit when i play fat while im activating my level, the chicken doesnt appear and i cant kill.

Actually at high level she has a few players, high level players know the MU most of the time and she is still considered top tier.  I didn't base my comment off of random online FFAs -_- .  If you go into the air she will knock you down and she has the best oki/tech chasing in the game I believe.  People in random FFAs usually aren't showing the highest level their characters can perform at, look up some videos of Dabuz, Iggy and other FP mains on youtube and you will see what I mean. 

PS, just thought I'd tell you that Dante isn't anywhere as good as the others in FFA, 2v2 or 1v1.

Here is a tier list be one of the best Narikos which was pretty well accepted by the community (1v1 tier list btw): http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1830#.UgE1L7FwbVg

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 13 of 154 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1123 posts

Aug 6, 2013
just for the record her oki isnt the best. the best oki is arguably big daddy's go watch DominoSNK. Her aird1 is not safe on block. the only move that is safe on block that would lead into a lvl1 or 2 is her d1. having a few moves being safe on block isnt groundbreaking. With how dumb some high tiers are right now they need more fixed compared to fatp. If fatp is changed and not kratos sly kat or raiden i will be really disapointed.
Message 14 of 154 (297 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 6, 2013

I was not basing just on random FFA dude. I've did some 1v1 competitions (online) against a good fat player and I've won against her with Heihachi in grand final, but I admit it was just a little competition. Ive mentionned Dante because its difficult to deal with him with Heihachi and bid dad, personnaly. For the tier list, Fat P equals Kratos and Raiden in 1v1???

Message 15 of 154 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1156 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Na, she's quite fast, especially dat level one. Nerf dat and she's fine.

sig

Message 16 of 154 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Ilexyellowdog wrote:

She is top tier, and ridiculously safe on block, we are wanting to nerf all of the other top tiers right? If we leave her as is then she will be BROKEN tier, like Kat is now.  Her level 1 and 2 are great, they have loads of great easy confirms (which are safe on block).  She needs nerfs.  Her fireballs in level 3 are supposed to stayI think.

There's a difference between top-tier and braindead-to-use.

Kat (BD) - Gravilty Pull fixes everything

Kratos (BD) - Square, that is all

GCole (TT) - He has very nice KCs and setups, but it requires different combinations and timing to do so.

FatPrincess (TT) - They took away over half of her KCs and comboability, yet people seem to make it work.

Raiden (BD) - He has beautiful combos, but his range and over-reliance with some of his easier moves just makes it too easy.

Dante (Mixed) - Empty Cancels, while not TOO difficult to do requires the knowledge and fast reflexes. Still, being able to combo into a Level 1 from 0 AP (is a bit of a problem)

Also to re-iterate again FP's Level 1 and 2's flaws:

Level 1: It's nice quick and yes able to KC (most of the time, I'll get to that in a bit) but it's short and one direction. Even in KCing situations, she can still miss due to the way it's setup. She travels from the hearts to the cake, but note that this goes through HEART intervals. Try this on Time Station: set up her Level 1 while an opponent is on the platform, now from the other edge, do the KC into it... did it hit? If done correctly, it SHOULDN'T because though the move goes a little farther than the platform's width, the end of the cake didn't have enough room for one more heart, therefore having FP just stop right in front of the opponent. This can also happen hear walls or any other platform. Another thing to note is that it requires more-or-less a flat surface to work properly or it will stop short. Jak, Raiden, Good Cole, and Evil Cole don't have to worry about this since you don't have to aim with their Level 1s (exception, Jak a bit). It also has a very slight startup time and like other can still easily be stopped by other attacks.

Level 2: Her level 2 was once feared by many, but then those many figured out those flaws and made it easy to dodge/avoid. The first MAJOR flaw is that it has a extremely long startup. The next are: when she dashes, she can't stop or change direction until she either finishes the animation (long recovery) or hits the edge of a platform. Unlike a similar super (PaRappa), she only kills you while she's dashing/kicking. Due to the startup of the inital super and between attacks the super is very much stoppable by a lot of Level 1s and even more Level 2s. If that wasn't enough, the stage makes or breaks this super: large stages like Invasion or uneven/lots of platforms Time Station render this super useless. It's a decent super only if the conditions are right, which is: No one else has a Level 1+ available, and the stage is Dojo/Rival/Fearless(p1)/Graveyard/Hades.

Level 3: Too random to even discuss lol. (But, her Level 3 fireballs are supposed to go away at the end of the super timer)

Also I said nothing of nerfing all other top tiers =P

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 17 of 154 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1156 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Maybe nerf the speed of her level 1 but make it so she decide which way she's going.

sig

Message 18 of 154 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1123 posts

Aug 6, 2013
fast idk who you are but idk how much you know of what you are talking about. Gamelink seems to be the only one with any sense as well as the only one here besides me that actually uses the character. Her lvl1 is fine. Touching on what gamelink posted. He said it well, fatp is a top tier character that isnt braindead like kratos raiden or kat. You rely on hitting that airn1 to get the knockdown and then guessing the opponents wakeup. her ap gain is limited due to the fact that she needs to get grounded hits to really rack in ap. her air hits are all 20-30 ap and most have startup that make them easy to just airdodge.
Message 19 of 154 (282 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1156 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Loool her level one just comes out too fast thats all and has pretty good range.

sig

Message 20 of 154 (278 Views)
0 Likes