Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: FINAL BOSS UNVEILED AND OPENING CINEMATIC!!!!

Nov 9, 2012

My problem with the rather complacent "different tastes" argument is that many people's "tastes" are just implanted in their heads by the popular media. People just lazily, uncritically consume stuff. They don't go out and explore. That to me isn't having "taste", that to me is being spoonfed and being pulled by the current of what's popular and trendy in order to fit in and to gain the approval of your peers, which is an empty idea.

It's just like "everyone's entitled to their own opinion". Hmmm yeah, but what if it's a completely regurgitated and / or misinformed, idiotic opinion? And there is such a thing.

At the same time I'm not advocating some sort of fascism when it comes to tastes and opinions, I just think people need to be more active, critical and open-minded.

Message 241 of 250 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Your basically saying people's tastes have been planted in their heads by the media - which would bring up the question, why then are you not affected ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 242 of 250 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 9, 2012
^Like everyone else said, different taste. I loved the trailer and that isn't even my type of music, but it was vey well made.
Message 243 of 250 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

My problem with the rather complacent "different tastes" argument is that many people's "tastes" are just implanted in their heads by the popular media. People just lazily, uncritically consume stuff. They don't go out and explore. That to me isn't having "taste", that to me is being spoonfed and being pulled by the current of what's popular and trendy in order to fit in and to gain the approval of your peers, which is an empty idea.

It's just like "everyone's entitled to their own opinion". Hmmm yeah, but what if it's a completely regurgitated and / or misinformed, idiotic opinion? And there is such a thing.

At the same time I'm not advocating some sort of fascism when it comes to tastes and opinions, I just think people need to be more active, critical and open-minded.

so you're assuming is that since a lot of people like this trailer, and think it's one of the best, that they're 

corupted by the mainstream popular media?

really?

well, i don't know about anyone else,

but i'm closed to the media here,

ever since high school, i stopped watching tv, stopped listening to the radio, and didn't even bother to read the newspaper,

so, i'm not really that effected by the 'popular media'

if i think something's cool, then i'll obviously like it,

i don't effing care what anyone else likes, they're not controlling my life,

as a trailer/ad, this to me is one of the best,

up there with the michael ad and the mass effect 2 launch trailer,

as an opening cinematic, to me, the first borderlands has the best opening cinematic...

Play For Fun!
Message 244 of 250 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Loved the music, loved the trailer, raised hype, beat my wife.

. . . . Smiley Happy

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 245 of 250 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

When I questioned this viewpoint earlier in the thread, you claimed you didn't say that, and yet here you are again, spouting off the idea that people only like certain types of music because they've not heard others. You sound like a hipster at best and a conspiracy theorist at worst, and it's quite sad.

You're entitled by all means to say you don't like the music. That's fine. That's your opinion. But to then claim that everyone who does like only does because they're puppets to some kind of media hypnosis is friggin' ludicrous.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 246 of 250 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 10, 2012

I think this is the most epic trailer that faced the earth. Every part of it was awesome. My favourite scenes were Dante vs Nariko, spike vs Parappa, Heihachi throwing Dante and Big Daddy vs Sackboy. The music was awesome too.

Message 247 of 250 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Nov 10, 2012

JayJXZ wrote:

Loved the music, loved the trailer, raised hype, beat my wife.

. . . . Smiley Happy

D: This proof that the hype went overload!

Message 248 of 250 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Nov 10, 2012

@littlejcr

Let me clarify something:  I LIKE Dante.  The ORIGINAL Dante, who dressed sharp, walked the walk and talk the talk.  Who had James Bond quality one line retorts.  Who single handedly invaded Hell and came back alive and cocky as ever.

This new version ISN'T that Dante.  He's flashy, and has the same weapons.  But I've already seen more than enough clips to confirm he's just an emo dressed punk using the name.  He lacks all of the traits that actually make the TRUE Dante cool.  If you wanna root for the wrist cutting schoolboy because he "looks neat" that's your call, but it'll put you in the minority, as Capcom got its greatest number of complaint letters after announcing they were continuing with this new Devil May Cry, and Dumping MM Legends3. 

So yeah.  None of your "fixing" required brat.

Message 249 of 250 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Nov 14, 2012

nicee

Message 250 of 250 (106 Views)
0 Likes