10-26-2012 02:21 AM
10-26-2012 02:30 AM
10-26-2012 02:37 AM
I spent such a long time talking with everyone that I forgot some other bits of information that I managed to learn while I was there.
- Heihachi's on-disc alternate costume is old-school gray-haired Heihachi. YES!
- Naughty Dog has a very high standard for their characters visually and animation-wise. Jak and Daxter's facial animation was made a top priority for SuperBot to "get right" as per requested by Naughty Dog.
What about Nathan Drake? Is Naughty Dog have something to do with his lack of gameplay videos?
- The current beta build that we're all playing is around two months old. That's long enough and good enough.
- The game was initially going to be rushed but the delay to November 20th drastically lead to "a way better, more polished experience". The game's overall quality would have suffered had it not been delayed.
Oh man. I wish Naughty Dog could have done this with Uncharted 3. It was a horrible decision, and the game was overrated and underwhelmed. Thousands of fans were disappointed and angry because of this. I'm glad that Superbot didn't walk that path, and they could learn from Naughty Dog's past mistakes.
- I asked if the beta leak strained relationships with third-party publishers, the answer I was given was, "I wouldn't doubt it."
Towards the end of the event, I was particularly hitting it off with two SuperBot guys and they were telling me essentially everything I asked, except anything about the final boss, but I constantly keep regretting how I didn't say anything about David Hayter being mentioned in Eric Landin's Tweet. We even discussed one employee's hate for Activision. "I would never, ever, ever work for Activision!" said a SuperBot employee.
Great experience you must have.
10-26-2012 02:47 AM