Highlighted
Oct 26 2012
By: MachoMoustachio Wastelander 565 posts

Extra Info From L.A. Beatdown

51 replies 1281 views Edited Oct 26, 2012
I spent such a long time talking with everyone that I forgot some other bits of information that I managed to learn while I was there.

- Heihachi's on-disc alternate costume is old-school gray-haired Heihachi.

- Out of every third-party publisher, Namco Bandai was the easiest to deal with.

- Naughty Dog has a very high standard for their characters visually and animation-wise. Jak and Daxter's facial animation was made a top priority for SuperBot to "get right" as per requested by Naughty Dog.

- Sony Santa Monica was the easiest first-party studio to deal with.

- Audio in this game was very hard to do considering all of the different sounds happening at the same time. After the Hong Kong beta it was decided to make the music during combat louder and remix the music so that tempos mach better.

- The current beta build that we're all playing is around two months old.

- The game was initially going to be rushed but the delay to November 20th drastically lead to "a way better, more polished experience". The game's overall quality would have suffered had it not been delayed.

- If you're fighting on the stage "Invasion" which is set on the planet Helghan from KILLZONE and you initiate Spike's Level 3 Super it will still show the satellite orbiting over Earth. A SuperBot employee said, "Oh man, that would badas* if it showed Helghan."

- Seth Killian was wearing a Polygon Man t-shirt, he did not buy it or have it made especially for him. He got it went he went to Sony's first E3.

- I asked if the beta leak strained relationships with third-party publishers, the answer I was given was, "I wouldn't doubt it."

- People at SuperBot were worried that 1 v 1 isn't intense enough but their fears were layed to rest when Clockw0rk faced-off against Omar Kendall in a 1 v 1 which gained massive cheering applause and attention from the near 500 people in attendance. Leif Johnson, SuperBot employee, said to a tall blonde female SuperBot employee "... And [INAUDIBLE NAME] thought 1 v 1 wouldn't be good enough?"

Towards the end of the event, I was particularly hitting it off with two SuperBot guys and they were telling me essentially everything I asked, except anything about the final boss, but I constantly keep regretting how I didn't say anything about David Hayter being mentioned in Eric Landin's Tweet. We even discussed one employee's hate for Activision. "I would never, ever, ever work for Activision!" said a SuperBot employee.
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 1 of 52 (1,281 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Re: Extra Info From L.A. Beatdown

Oct 26, 2012
Maybe you might wanna leave that last paragraph out. They /are/ trying to get Crash, y'know.
Message 2 of 52 (1,265 Views)
Wastelander
565 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I doubt someone in charge at Activision is going to see what I just posted and call the deal off because someone random, unknown SuperBot employee isn't fond of their practices.
Message 3 of 52 (1,258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4384 posts

Oct 26, 2012

MachoMoustachio wrote:
I spent such a long time talking with everyone that I forgot some other bits of information that I managed to learn while I was there.

- Heihachi's on-disc alternate costume is old-school gray-haired Heihachi. YES! 

- Naughty Dog has a very high standard for their characters visually and animation-wise. Jak and Daxter's facial animation was made a top priority for SuperBot to "get right" as per requested by Naughty Dog. 
What about Nathan Drake? Is Naughty Dog have something to do with his lack of gameplay videos?

- The current beta build that we're all playing is around two months old. That's long enough and good enough.

- The game was initially going to be rushed but the delay to November 20th drastically lead to "a way better, more polished experience". The game's overall quality would have suffered had it not been delayed.
Oh man. I wish Naughty Dog could have done this with Uncharted 3. It was a horrible decision, and the game was overrated and underwhelmed. Thousands of fans were disappointed and angry because of this. I'm glad that Superbot didn't walk that path, and they could learn from Naughty Dog's past mistakes.

- I asked if the beta leak strained relationships with third-party publishers, the answer I was given was, "I wouldn't doubt it."

Thank goodness.

Towards the end of the event, I was particularly hitting it off with two SuperBot guys and they were telling me essentially everything I asked, except anything about the final boss, but I constantly keep regretting how I didn't say anything about David Hayter being mentioned in Eric Landin's Tweet. We even discussed one employee's hate for Activision. "I would never, ever, ever work for Activision!" said a SuperBot employee.

Great experience you must have.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 4 of 52 (1,238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
565 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I believe UNCHARTED 3 was better than UNCHARTED 2.
Message 5 of 52 (1,223 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Thanks a lot Macho - great to hear Naughty Dogs characters will transition to this game with the same high quality of their original games & Heihachis old outfit made it, rejoice !

"I wouldn't doubt it." - the double negative confused me, does that mean it did or didn't ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 52 (1,217 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
565 posts

Oct 26, 2012
He believes that relationships were strained due to the leak.
Message 7 of 52 (1,209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Ah, well that's unfortunate - although not surprising.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 52 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 26, 2012

nice info!

awesome that we get to use old heihachi, he looks better that way imo Smiley Happy

Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 52 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 26, 2012
That's pretty interesting

Message 10 of 52 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes