Nov 22 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10163 posts

Evil cole users.

11 replies 295 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

So I'm trying to use Evil cole... he's got the best costume, the best outros, best intros, best taunt, etc... but MAN DOES HE SUCK.  

He builds AP slow, his attacks are meh...don't seem very useful in any situation. 

Any advice?  

Message 1 of 12 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Re: Evil cole users.

Nov 22, 2012
Use grenades, firebird srike, and regular square. Wait till everyone is in agroup to use level 2
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 2 of 12 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 22, 2012
oh and up trianle
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 3 of 12 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Good Cole is better to control

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Nov 22, 2012

He's really a more projectile heavy character. His grenades put in so much work. Try to keep a good distance and utilize projectiles. If they get close, his down triangle is a good space keeper but it has some start up lag. It's also downward diagnal in the air. Gotta keep that in mind. If you can get under your enemy like while they're on a plat form that's fairly high from you, use up triange or if  they're really close, use up circle.

His melee game is ok. Decent enough to not be too worried when some one has a good approach game. If you can get them in the air just slightly with your melee moves, try to knock them away with an up sqare follow up. If you're gonna use his level 1, try setting it up with his down circle. Works really well on darker stages like the Twisted Metal/Jak stage. I stick to level one's mostly but if you're gonna use lvl 2 make sure you make it count. Wait till everyone's fairly close to you. It has a lot of range and duration so slim chance they can roll out of it. when used well. 

Good Cole's the more in your face character. Evil Cole is all about that range game. 

Needles Kane/Colonel Radec/Spike/Evil Cole/Sir Daniel Fortesque
Message 5 of 12 (262 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Maybe you just suck at him? Evil Cole is my main and I have no problems building AP or winning matches.
Message 6 of 12 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 22, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:
Use grenades, firebird srike, and regular square. Wait till everyone is in agroup to use level 2

I do use those... but that's really really spammy and I dislike spamming

Message 7 of 12 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Nak_Assassin wrote:
Maybe you just suck at him? Evil Cole is my main and I have no problems building AP or winning matches.

Lawl, this could possibly be it. Some characters just aren't meant for everybody. I don't really think Cole is a character you can get good with overnight. A have a friend whose main is Evil Cole and hes like a level 81 with him. The guy goes at least 3-1 every time. I've never really observed how Cole is used. Tomorrow I'll give Cole a try and see how much work I can do with him. I tried using him twice today and horribly sucked. Who knows.. but Goldhawk, you seem determined to get good with Cole, so I believe you can do eet!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Nov 22, 2012
fully charged rush punch O can be comboed into a super
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 9 of 12 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 22, 2012

dragonfire111 wrote:
fully charged rush punch O can be comboed into a super

Usually what I do is charage up his fist, then spin around and combo them up into the air and then use Up + O to bounce them into the air and then once they're high enough I use UP + triangle. 

I use the grenade quite a bit but doesn't seem to get much AP.  

Message 10 of 12 (198 Views)
0 Likes