Dec 19 2012
By: Renegade_TX2000 Hekseville Citizen 377 posts
Accepted Solution

Evil Cole is top tier

[ Edited ]
13 replies 583 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

He has hardly any bad match ups and if they are bad it's probably

55-45 not in his favor... Any match ups of his that are 6-4 or worse?

The only character I can think of that beats Evil cole right off the bat is other top characters.

Raiden...

which is 55-45. Raiden can play around Evil coles mini trap he throws into the ground and it forces him to play differently everytime while it's on the field.

Evil has to play perfect to make it 5-5, but it's definately winnable. Your take on match ups that are 6-4 or worse for evil cole?

Message 1 of 14 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Evil Cole is top tier

Dec 19, 2012

Evil Cole's Giga Punch is very good against rushdown characters. Negates pressure pretty nicely I think.

Message 2 of 14 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Evil Cole has no bad MUs period.  I would even argue Raiden is 50-50.

psn: dabuz18
Check out my Youtube channel for high level Allstar matches and eventually other video game gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabuz18/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Message 3 of 14 (546 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

May I ask what this is based on?

E.Cole only has maybe 2 ways to land his level 1 unlike a lot of characters in this game and doesn't have many good ways to start up a combo. His zoning game is okay but there are characters that simply do much better than him at range and up close there are characters that will steam roller him like PaRappa and Big Daddy, especially since he doesn't exactly have the fastest of square moves in the game. He also lakcs a good "GTF OFF ME" move to deal with characters with strong tech chase game like Sweet tooth and Big Daddy so once he gets knocked down he's pretty vulnerable with less tools to escape.

He's good but not drastically better than everyone else, I think he is in the upper parts of mid tier because he does have some advantagous matchups but quite a lot of his stuff that would be able to net him big meter or land a super is very very risky with some unsafe moves.

He has some odd placements for 1vs1, 2vs2 and FFA.

Message 4 of 14 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 19, 2012

dabuz18 wrote:

Evil Cole has no bad MUs period.  I would even argue Raiden is 50-50.

From what I understand, this is probably the best Evil Cole player out there. I would take what this man says about the character seriously.

Message 5 of 14 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Yea, theres very few people I won't argue against when it comes to knowledge of this game and match ups and Dabuz is one of them. lol

Message 6 of 14 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 20, 2012

If you can force him into the air somehow, that's your best chance to get some damage in, but he usually doesn't let you do that.

But I don't know about very top tier.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 7 of 14 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Dec 20, 2012
hahaha, he's very top tier alright...

Your BEST bet is to get him when he doesn't have that stupid punch charged up.

That punch of his is like offense/defense all in one.

Nerf that punch and evil cole will be down to earth.
Message 8 of 14 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:
hahaha, he's very top tier alright...

Your BEST bet is to get him when he doesn't have that stupid punch charged up.

That punch of his is like offense/defense all in one.

Nerf that punch and evil cole will be down to earth.

Too bad he charges up his punch in half a second lol. That is like the perfect move. Punishes everything (even moves that are safe against the rest of the cast), has super armor and gives super on hit. It is also pretty much safe on block (very difficult to punish). The move has no weakness.

Now let's compare Evil Cole's Giga Punch to Heihachi's charge punch (Down Circle, Square). And the winner is...

Message 9 of 14 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Believe it or not, I haven't seen many Evil Coles use the Giga Punch into Level 1, but from what I remember it takes a few seconds to charge up (could be wrong).

This doesn't change the fact that, once charged, this move is pretty ridiculous imo, but maybe I haven't faced enough Evil Coles to find a strategy against it like I have for Kratos/Raiden/pre-patch Sackboy/Sly

EDIT: Saw BomB-RiderR-14's reply, so I was wrong about the charge time

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 10 of 14 (480 Views)
0 Likes