Survivor
2609 posts

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

*For the lazy, only read the red.

To retort, as a Dante and Evil Cole user, I can honestly say that the oil spike dissipates after a few seconds, and if you have a problem, watch one of Pheracus' matches. He nearly decimated an Isaac on the stream by using a.d2, a.f3, turn, a.d3. It destroys any mine, even Isaac's. I agree that mine camping ruins Dante, but how does the oil spike (a disappearing mine after a few seconds, with no combo potential, and destroyed by 5 AP of damage) immediately give an insta win? I would be happy to continue this over a game, and show you how to deal with oil spikes in a 1v1, but that is not the topic here. Please, only talking about the podcast.

In hindsight, this has veered off topic. I believe that the super armor on the giga punch should be raised to 20 AP. Stop and think for a moment: Isaac's mine still destroys, any other mine plus a weak attack beats it, Spike's bananas (**bleep** I hate those in 1v1!), BD's ice plasmid blus one attack, Dante's hacker 4, Raiden's rolling lightning, Sly's Electromagnetic Raccoon Roll, and more. It would only allow for Sweet Tooth to stop hindering our mobility (The only tool EC has now a days. Don't believe me? Check up with Dabuz.) and Sly from doing the same. 15 AP now is UP, 30 AP then is OP. Dabuz, Thesaus, Domino, and Deven all agree, 20 is a nice number. Any takers?

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 51 of 61 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Aug 14, 2013

people need to stop trying to buff the armor because their too lazy to get around attacks and just want to armor through everything...

Message 52 of 61 (90 Views)
Survivor
2609 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

Did I say I wanted to armor through everything? Isaac should get his **bleep** off that mine if you want to talk about moving around. I asked for constructiveness, not arbitrary hate for a character you do not know, and stereotype for absolutely no reason than to keeep a threat at bay.

Message 53 of 61 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Walrus, just like Isaac's mine, there is some weird netcode thing which makes the oil spike industructible in some cases.  20AP of armour means that some characters have no answer to it (Dante has no fast 20AP attacks that he can throw out on reaction and EC already can keep him at a distance where Dante can't do anything.  I believe I remember hearing Pheracus say that in a recent tourney he lost a set to a oil spike camping EC (Pheracus correct me if I'm wrong here) I also remember seeing Pheracus going up against Vindabess' Isaac when Vin was new to Isaac and Pheracus had a lot of trouble dealing with the mine camping (there is a video of it on youtube somewhere).  Characters who don't have a fast 20+AP attack (Walrus, Dante's hacker 4? Really?) would have a lot of problems dealing with E.Cole's giga punch.  15AP is fine.  Also a large problem that there is with the podcasts in general right now is that different people are targeting different areas of the tier lists: the E.Cole and FP were aiming for lower top tier to top of high tier whereas the Nariko, Sackboy and Zeus ones were aiming for high mid-lower high tier.  There are various arguements for aiming for either one, but this needs to be sorted out in the podcasts for them to be cohesive because right now, if the podcasts were followed right now, we would still have (albeit better than it is now) a pretty unbalanced game.

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 54 of 61 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Aug 14, 2013

fatwalrus12345 wrote:

Did I say I wanted to armor through everything? Isaac should get his **bleep** off that mine if you want to talk about moving around. I asked for constructiveness, not arbitrary hate for a character you do not know, and stereotype for absolutely no reason than to keeep a threat at bay.

i can't take it serious when people want his giga punch armor buffed. I have no probably when i use ecole because i don't try to armor through every move because its stupid, unless people are using bigdaddy or zooz they shouldn't be trying to armor through everything.
Message 55 of 61 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Walrus believe or not EC beats Spike. Our match doesn't help my case but he can punish a lot of Spike's things. I would honestly make the armor 15 and not buff the startup though, the move is faster than sack's headbut which I use for oki. I can agree with an oil spike buff though.
Message 56 of 61 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 14, 2013

In regard to multiple people:

@YellowDog: Our sets today have just defended what I mean, I will elaborate on what Dante can do against Evil Cole later.

@Ginta: I know that Evil Cole beats Spike, I just can't due to his bananas getting in the way of my grinds, grenades, confirms, combos, etc. Even with 20 AP of super armor, he would only be able to puch through two bananas if I am correct.

@Mayo: Not using super aromr just means not using the character to its full potential, and too many giga punches are punished by raw super. One block, and it is game over. You are not a martyr for not using super armor, the same way Sir Dan's are not for not KCing, and how pb_mal was not for never using KC's or EC.

And to all, I wish to say that I believe we can all agree that this Evil Cole is at least not OP as hell, like pre patch.

Message 57 of 61 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Aug 14, 2013

fatwalrus12345 wrote:

In regard to multiple people:

@YellowDog: Our sets today have just defended what I mean, I will elaborate on what Dante can do against Evil Cole later.

@Ginta: I know that Evil Cole beats Spike, I just can't due to his bananas getting in the way of my grinds, grenades, confirms, combos, etc. Even with 20 AP of super armor, he would only be able to puch through two bananas if I am correct.

@Mayo: Not using super aromr just means not using the character to its full potential, and too many giga punches are punished by raw super. One block, and it is game over. You are not a martyr for not using super armor, the same way Sir Dan's are not for not KCing, and how pb_mal was not for never using KC's or EC.

And to all, I wish to say that I believe we can all agree that this Evil Cole is at least not OP as hell, like pre patch.

EC doesn't need any changes other than bug fixes

Message 58 of 61 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 14, 2013

I would not be so angry at that, the level 2 glitch pisses me off the most. However, on a side note I believe that he at least should rival Cole. 20 AP may help.

Message 59 of 61 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Walrus, I don't mean any offence but whether a character is balanced or not or whether they need buffs or nerfs should not be decided by our matches as neither of us are top players.

No character should be as good as G.Cole is now, G.Cole needs to get nerfed as he is right now about the third best character for 1v1 while also being great for FFA and 2v2.  20AP I still believe is to much armour, 15 is where it should be, that would beat a lot of character's jabs while not going through mines or character's slower, heavier attacks).

Universal Notation: n=neutral f=forward b=backward u=up d=down 1=square 2=triangle 3=circle

Message 60 of 61 (54 Views)
0 Likes