Aug 14, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.

And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.

Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.

Alright then, yeah you are completely right then. I mean most are very very hard to avoid like Parappa's and Sackboy's level 2, but then there's some that are sadly easy to avoid such as my main's level 2 :'(

Yeah...the other day I was playing a Jak with my Heihachi and his level 2 super jumped clear over my head after I got stunned because of the platform. To be honest, I was kind of upset that he wasn't rewarded for outplaying me in that scenario.

Still...I'd be willing to trade you Sweet Tooth's level 2 super for Jak's level 2 super...

Smiley Happy

Yup that happens a lot.

Highly doubt it. If you used Jak's level 2 enough you will not enjoy it as you think you do now. I hate his level 2 with a passion. Only reason why Jak's level 2 is partially viable is beause of the stun. If tried and tested multiple ways of making his level 2 viable without the stun...... HE NEEDS THE STUN :'( Also landing that stun is not as easy as it looks and missing it equals GG, *dies*. Seriously a slow start up level 2, poor range and massive recovery. Oh wait this reminds me of something.. oh yeah Jak' standard moveset.. sigh. It's sad when supers share the same aspects with standard moves in this case.

You keep assuming I don't play Jak...lol. I like to think I play a decent Jak.

I'd take Jak's level 2 over Sweet Tooth's level 2. That's not saying much...they both kind of suck.

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.

And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.

Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.

Alright then, yeah you are completely right then. I mean most are very very hard to avoid like Parappa's and Sackboy's level 2, but then there's some that are sadly easy to avoid such as my main's level 2 :'(

Yeah...the other day I was playing a Jak with my Heihachi and his level 2 super jumped clear over my head after I got stunned because of the platform. To be honest, I was kind of upset that he wasn't rewarded for outplaying me in that scenario.

Still...I'd be willing to trade you Sweet Tooth's level 2 super for Jak's level 2 super...

Smiley Happy

Yup that happens a lot.

Highly doubt it. If you used Jak's level 2 enough you will not enjoy it as you think you do now. I hate his level 2 with a passion. Only reason why Jak's level 2 is partially viable is beause of the stun. If tried and tested multiple ways of making his level 2 viable without the stun...... HE NEEDS THE STUN :'( Also landing that stun is not as easy as it looks and missing it equals GG, *dies*. Seriously a slow start up level 2, poor range and massive recovery. Oh wait this reminds me of something.. oh yeah Jak' standard moveset.. sigh. It's sad when supers share the same aspects with standard moves in this case.

You keep assuming I don't play Jak...lol. I like to think I play a decent Jak.

I'd take Jak's level 2 over Sweet Tooth's level 2. That's not saying much...they both kind of suck.

Not assuming nothing xD. It's just somethings take a long period of time using or being around to notice how bad... or good some things really are.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 31 of 61 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

Well I enjoy its invincibility. I acknowledge that it is pretty bad all things considered...but I think Sweet Tooth's level 2 is way worse.

Not that I agree with this statement, but LizardHeart once said that Sweet Tooth's level 2 super was the worst super in the game even compared to the level 1 supers and he's a known Ratchet player. Personally, I believe Nariko's level 1 and Emmett's standard loadout level 1 are worse...but not much beyond that.

...You and I have gone really off topic. If you want to continue this conversation, then just send me a PM. This topic is about Evil Cole I guess lol...

Message 32 of 61 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 14, 2013

What the hell happened while I was gone? Anyways, Ayss, you, Afro, Burning and I are doing a Dante to Evil Cole MU analysis thread sometime, I swear it! And for the record, if you get your **bleep** handed to you by mine camping with an oil spike, you do not deserve to pick up a controller.

LOLsy Carry Punch User (CPU)
Message 33 of 61 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Tell me what Dante can do to someone camping behind a mine. Even the best dante players lose because of this and even when they do get past it your up a stock or 2 unless your a bad mine camper. Also I really hope you know Ecole before throwing out match up numbers, but goodluck with that.
Message 34 of 61 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 14, 2013
I'm BlazedCarbon guys FYI.
Here is my rant

I do not believe the giga punch needs to be buffed. I say 10 AP is pretty fair. You also got to take into account the lag in the match. Most times the giga punch can hit a person, but not actually touch on the screen. I main E.Cole myself, and I have experienced many times when I get kills, sometimes it doesn't actually reach. I believe that the giga punch has longer reach than most people think due to lag an such. I say 10-15 AP would to be a good amount of armour for the giga punch, as if the giga punch has 20 AP Armour, some characters won't be able to even stop or interrupt the giga punch, which would lead to a huge disadvantage. Increasing the giga punch armour to 20 AP would make E.Cole almost unstoppable as it is already fast enough and hard to react to as it was stated in the podcast. I say that the giga punch should be left the same or if you really want a buff the max armour should be 15 AP, nothing higher or else it will destroy any character with moves that don't give the much AP(Jak for example). Sure the start up for the giga punch is slower than before, but it was done to make the game more fair to the other person and make sure they can react to it. Most people complain about Raiden right? Most of his moves can lead into kill confirms, but they are slow enough to react to it, if E.Cole got a buff in start up wouldn't it make E.Cole more OP? This is my opinion, I'm not saying I am right or wrong.
Message 35 of 61 (103 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Aug 14, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well I enjoy its invincibility. I acknowledge that it is pretty bad all things considered...but I think Sweet Tooth's level 2 is way worse.

Not that I agree with this statement, but LizardHeart once said that Sweet Tooth's level 2 super was the worst super in the game even compared to the level 1 supers and he's a known Ratchet player. Personally, I believe Nariko's level 1 and Emmett's standard loadout level 1 are worse...but not much beyond that.

...You and I have gone really off topic. If you want to continue this conversation, then just send me a PM. This topic is about Evil Cole I guess lol...

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3vhpq6/

NOTE: Not sure if factual, just enjoy it for what it is.

Message 36 of 61 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

HypernovaGN wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Ratchet's level 1 is the slowest in the game actually. After that, it would probably be Emmett's standard loadout level 1. After that it'd probably be Nariko's level 1, then Dante's level 1.

Still, I've been making a similar joke about Nariko's level 1 super for a long time.

"Quickly!" *Proceeds to very slowly shoot the barrel*

Message 37 of 61 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 14, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

HypernovaGN wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Ratchet's level 1 is the slowest in the game actually. After that, it would probably be Emmett's standard loadout level 1. After that it'd probably be Nariko's level 1, then Dante's level 1.

Still, I've been making a similar joke about Nariko's level 1 super for a long time.

I think Ratchet's level 1 is slightly faster actually.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 38 of 61 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Aug 14, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

HypernovaGN wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

I think Ratchet's level 1 is slightly faster actually.

You think so? There'd be an easy way to test that if I had a second person lol...

Message 39 of 61 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Aug 14, 2013
You only need 2 controllers. It would actually be easier for one person to test with 2 controllers than trying to time it with 2 different people.
Message 40 of 61 (69 Views)