Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2012
Offline
5383 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/James-Heller-Moveset/m-p/4127441... check it out please? He's basically suppose to be E.Cole's counter of sorts
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 21 of 61 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

dragonsroc wrote:
In the case of people getting hit out of EC's lv2, that was the whole point of allowing him to end it quickly instead of being forced to hold them forever.

Ok while that's fine are you really trying to say that the buff should have made is so he always gets the kill and noone can be freed by an "outside force?"  That wouldn't be balanced with this super type. Speeding up a process type super should only mean making it easier to get the kill NOT ensure you get the kill EVERYTIME, so like it does now. Like cmon now. Plus if I recall correctly it takes, oddly, a strong RANGED force to be knocked out of it. With Raiden's stun NOT ONLY can you break out of it, which you can't with EC's, use a physical attack of any kind to knock them out of his stun, but with Evil Cole you have to use some form of a strong projectile to knock someone out and you cannot break out of it and in addition the pecentage of people getting knocked out of his level 2 are extremely low, so again, why are people complaining about this especially after it becoming faster?

 

The glitches for his level 2 need attention not his super receiving a buff.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 61 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2011
Offline
1746 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:
In the case of people getting hit out of EC's lv2, that was the whole point of allowing him to end it quickly instead of being forced to hold them forever.

Ok while that's fine are you really trying to say that the buff should have made is so he always gets the kill and noone can be freed by an "outside force?"  That wouldn't be balanced with this super type. Speeding up a process type super should only mean making it easier to get the kill NOT ensure you get the kill EVERYTIME, so like it does now. Like cmon now. Plus if I recall correctly it takes, oddly, a strong RANGED force to be knocked out of it. With Raiden's stun NOT ONLY can you break out of it, which you can't with EC's, use a physical attack of any kind to knock them out of his stun, but with Evil Cole you have to use some form of a strong projectile to knock someone out and you cannot break out of it and in addition the pecentage of people getting knocked out of his level 2 are extremely low, so again, why are people complaining about this especially after it becoming faster?

 

The glitches for his level 2 need attention not his super receiving a buff.


I have no idea what you're arguing. I was just pointing out that they buffed his lv2 because it was so easy for people to get knocked out, since that was the topic being talked about. I don't even know what side of this argument I'm on because I have no idea what the argument is =\

Message 23 of 61 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.


And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.


Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.


Alright then, yeah you are completely right then. I mean most are very very hard to avoid like Parappa's and Sackboy's level 2, but then there's some that are sadly easy to avoid such as my main's level 2 :'(



 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 24 of 61 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.


And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.


Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.


Alright then, yeah you are completely right then. I mean most are very very hard to avoid like Parappa's and Sackboy's level 2, but then there's some that are sadly easy to avoid such as my main's level 2 :'(




Yeah...the other day I was playing a Jak with my Heihachi and his level 2 super jumped clear over my head after I got stunned because of the platform. To be honest, I was kind of upset that he wasn't rewarded for outplaying me in that scenario.

 

Still...I'd be willing to trade you Sweet Tooth's level 2 super for Jak's level 2 super...

 

Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 61 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

dragonsroc wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:
In the case of people getting hit out of EC's lv2, that was the whole point of allowing him to end it quickly instead of being forced to hold them forever.

Ok while that's fine are you really trying to say that the buff should have made is so he always gets the kill and noone can be freed by an "outside force?"  That wouldn't be balanced with this super type. Speeding up a process type super should only mean making it easier to get the kill NOT ensure you get the kill EVERYTIME, so like it does now. Like cmon now. Plus if I recall correctly it takes, oddly, a strong RANGED force to be knocked out of it. With Raiden's stun NOT ONLY can you break out of it, which you can't with EC's, use a physical attack of any kind to knock them out of his stun, but with Evil Cole you have to use some form of a strong projectile to knock someone out and you cannot break out of it and in addition the pecentage of people getting knocked out of his level 2 are extremely low, so again, why are people complaining about this especially after it becoming faster?

 

The glitches for his level 2 need attention not his super receiving a buff.


I have no idea what you're arguing. I was just pointing out that they buffed his lv2 because it was so easy for people to get knocked out, since that was the topic being talked about. I don't even know what side of this argument I'm on because I have no idea what the argument is =\


Well I wouldn't call it arguing >_>. I just went into unnecessary-in-this-situation, but essential details. This sorta acted as a precaution too xD.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 26 of 61 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
5848 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013
XD I see your point.

There's level 2's like Dante's where he literally freezes time and shouts before he launches a easily avoidable attack then there's level 2's like sackboy where you would have to be brain dead to miss.
I know that I know not
Message 27 of 61 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

 


BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.


And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.


Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.


Alright then, yeah you are completely right then. I mean most are very very hard to avoid like Parappa's and Sackboy's level 2, but then there's some that are sadly easy to avoid such as my main's level 2 :'(




Yeah...the other day I was playing a Jak with my Heihachi and his level 2 super jumped clear over my head after I got stunned because of the platform. To be honest, I was kind of upset that he wasn't rewarded for outplaying me in that scenario.

 

Still...I'd be willing to trade you Sweet Tooth's level 2 super for Jak's level 2 super...

 

Smiley Happy



Yup that happens a lot.

 

Highly doubt it. If you used Jak's level 2 enough you will not enjoy it as you think you do now. I hate his level 2 with a passion. Only reason why Jak's level 2 is partially viable is beause of the stun. If tried and tested multiple ways of making his level 2 viable without the stun...... HE NEEDS THE STUN :'( Also landing that stun is not as easy as it looks and missing it equals GG, *dies*. Seriously a slow start up level 2, poor range and massive recovery. Oh wait this reminds me of something.. oh yeah Jak' standard moveset.. sigh. It's sad when supers share the same aspects with standard moves in this case.

 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 28 of 61 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
2238 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

To be honest, I think Evil Cole is fine the way he is right now. But that's just my opinion.

R.I.P. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Message 29 of 61 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

 


BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.


And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.


Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.


Alright then, yeah you are completely right then. I mean most are very very hard to avoid like Parappa's and Sackboy's level 2, but then there's some that are sadly easy to avoid such as my main's level 2 :'(




Yeah...the other day I was playing a Jak with my Heihachi and his level 2 super jumped clear over my head after I got stunned because of the platform. To be honest, I was kind of upset that he wasn't rewarded for outplaying me in that scenario.

 

Still...I'd be willing to trade you Sweet Tooth's level 2 super for Jak's level 2 super...

 

Smiley Happy



Yup that happens a lot.

 

Highly doubt it. If you used Jak's level 2 enough you will not enjoy it as you think you do now. I hate his level 2 with a passion. Only reason why Jak's level 2 is partially viable is beause of the stun. If tried and tested multiple ways of making his level 2 viable without the stun...... HE NEEDS THE STUN :'( Also landing that stun is not as easy as it looks and missing it equals GG, *dies*. Seriously a slow start up level 2, poor range and massive recovery. Oh wait this reminds me of something.. oh yeah Jak' standard moveset.. sigh. It's sad when supers share the same aspects with standard moves in this case.

 


You keep assuming I don't play Jak...lol. I like to think I play a decent Jak.

 

I'd take Jak's level 2 over Sweet Tooth's level 2. That's not saying much...they both kind of suck.

Message 30 of 61 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes