Wastelander
561 posts

Re: Evil Cole Podcast Commentary

Aug 14, 2013

Perhaps as a tradeoff, it could be made so that it takes longer to fully charge the Giga Punch? Also, if you hit Evil Cole while he is charging then maybe he shouldn't be allowed to keep his charge like he currently does. I think that'd be fair in return for both faster start up and 20 AP armor right? What do you think?

Message 11 of 61 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 14, 2013

fatwalrus12345 wrote:

As some of you may know, Deven3000 and DominoSNK recently made a video regarding patches that should be made for Evil Cole. The link is as follows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPEZJHiDBE8

I would like to note that the super armor on the giga punch is actually 15 AP, and I agree that it should be raised to 20. It is used effectivelly by dabuz on many accounts against Asis in their matches: Refer to 30:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCaG2_sJba4

The oil spike should have its effect duration raised a second or two, to allow for effective usage, and perhaps even make it harder to destroy, so that Kray kray does not just press down square and decimate it. 

The level 2, as stated in the video needs some definite tweaking. It needs a faster start up time, and the glitch where the level two goes all the way through and does not kill needs a fix. I encountered said glitch 4 times yesterday alone.

The hellstorm missles need to keep their combo potential, if not make it easier to use them. For instance, Evil Cole is able to use a tether, hellstorm missles, jump, tether, and hellstorm missles again. It is 90 AP, not counting the launch used. This is very good, however difficult. The second jump is difficult to get in for the continuation, a slight buff would prompt more use of it.

The wall combos are perfectly fine, see this video, keeping in mind Thesaus is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xtn6xaOT4

In totaly, this is not a patch wish list, I am wondering what people are thinking about the podcast, and the above is my commentary.

Whoa whoa. Ok some buffs are fine, but level 2 does not need a faster start up especially given it's range. It's already semi instant now. I believe it's undodgeable currently, up close. Long story short. His level 2 needs nothing but tweaking meaning fixing the red glow around ppls bodies when have escaped from external things and whatever else there is. If it was intentional (which I bet it was) that people can be "knocked out" of his super before the end duration then it would make perfect sense all around. If you don't know how the super works or it's origin then it will appear to most as a inconsistent level 2.

http://youtu.be/30aNmF-YnC0?t=1m6s

It's pretty obvious that the first phase of the super acts as a large radius keep you in place type stun (while the life out of you is being drained), but also similar to how long it takes people to actually "die" in Sir Dans level 3. The super is Cole absorbing the life out of opponents so in the pre phase as I said it would make sense if it was interruptable before the end of the super, because you're not dead yet and your body is still there. Again it acts exactly as Sir Dan level 3 in the sense that the first stage is having you first trapped then you dying later on. It would actually be pretty unfair if you couldn't get knocked out of it by other outside things, because you're not dead YET. Besides that whatever glitches it has such as the red aura appearing around your body when you've been pushed out of the super needs to be fixed

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 12 of 61 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Speaking of E.Cole, http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/James-Heller-Moveset/m-p/4127441...
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 13 of 61 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Well Sackboy can escape it with his teleport...and probably Sly's teleport as well.

Message 14 of 61 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Well Sackboy can escape it with his teleport...and probably Sly's teleport as well.

Yes characters such as them, but anyone else should be caught. Also it would make more sense for EC to confirm his level 2 anyway on character's such as that. If they dodge it then it's because Level 2 wasn't confirmed. Either way it's too fast for other characters without those special fast tricks. Dante's angel dash and Jak's jetboard especially couldn't even get away from it up close. If it's harder to dodge this then Isaac's level 2 what does that tell you? Giving this level 2 a faster start up would be OP. I mean it's animation is even faster in All-Stars then it is in it's own game. Same applies Jak's NEW level 2 animation although Jak's is actually still very easily dodgeable because of his kill type.

Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 61 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Well...level 2 supers should be really strong and hard to avoid to be honest.

Message 16 of 61 (102 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up. How many ECs do you play? 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.

Only time will tell.
Message 17 of 61 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Aug 14, 2013
In the case of people getting hit out of EC's lv2, that was the whole point of allowing him to end it quickly instead of being forced to hold them forever.
Message 18 of 61 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Aug 14, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

And it is? This is one of the few supers that.. can be used raw.. because of how large the radius is along with the start up? How many ECs do you play? 

Let me just throw it out there again that his super works like basically anyone elses with some form of stun. If Jak stuns someone that person can be saved by an outside force. Same applies to Raiden's level 2 intial stun. Same applies to Dante's level 3 stun. So why is it different with/for Evil Cole? Because we don't see it happen often? I can ensure you the being interrupted by an outside force is perfectly a balance aspect that this game even shares in many different areas. It wouldn't make sense if I couldn't be unintenionally saved because if im still alive and am dying through some move/super that goes through a process in this case then it would be stupid.

Err...I think we are misunderstanding one another here. You seem to be debating something with me...and I don't know what I'm supposed to be debating with you about. I'm just stating that level 2 supers should be strong and hard to avoid. I never said Evil Cole's level 2 wasn't already really good.

Message 19 of 61 (84 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Im in favor of buffing the punch to 20ap armor. Right now Im lucky to trade even with some attacks, and if I happen to get caughton block its a free kill/burst. Ofcourse I don't mind the punch being unsafe. I wouldn't mind a longer charge if it meant we have 20 ap of super armor.
Message 20 of 61 (83 Views)
0 Likes