Wastelander
587 posts

Re: Evil Cole: Giga Punch and R

Dec 31, 2012

SwampMidget wrote:
I used to play against a lot of evil cole's and never understood the hype because I hardly ever if at all got hit confirmed by his giga punch which I feel that I can see a mile away. Also I just jump or hold L1 when I see an Evil Cole coming my way with a charged giga punch (red glowy hand gives it away)

Once I started playing Evil Cole, I realized nobody blocks or jumps when they see that haha. So yeah nerf it so nobody has to learn to use L1 and X. I think those two buttons are overrated. 

Great way to speak for yourself, sir. Your horse is so high, it reaches the clouds, I see.

Message 31 of 59 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

SwampMidget wrote:
I used to play against a lot of evil cole's and never understood the hype because I hardly ever if at all got hit confirmed by his giga punch which I feel that I can see a mile away. Also I just jump or hold L1 when I see an Evil Cole coming my way with a charged giga punch (red glowy hand gives it away)

Once I started playing Evil Cole, I realized nobody blocks or jumps when they see that haha. So yeah nerf it so nobody has to learn to use L1 and X. I think those two buttons are overrated. 

Great way to speak for yourself, sir. Your horse is so high, it reaches the clouds, I see.

Calling it how I see it. I'm by no means a great player or anything, but 90 percent of the complaints on these forums are easily solved by thinking outside the box. 

OMFG Raiden has like a bunch of hit confirms! Stay airborne. His level one won't do anything. I main Raiden. He's a 1 dimensional character, easy to predict, stop crying. 

OMFG Kratos Spams side square!! Hit L1. It blocks his attack. Then attack when he walks up to throw you.

OMFG Evil Cole giga punch knocks me into a hit confirm! Jump, Roll, Block. All of these methods work great at avoiding it.

OMFG Sly's super is so op! Roll towards it. Unless you're lagging or the sly is smart and attacks you when you're preoccupied you'll be able to dodge it. 

These are all things that I have used in my own personal experience that have worked wonders for me. Like I said, I'm not a great player or anything, yet doing these basic things have really helped.

Also, map awareness is key. Paying attention to where everybody else is on the screen also makes you a better player.

OMFG I don't want to have to watch the other people who I'm not immediately fighting on the screen! Tough luck, you won't get better crying like a baby. In 2v2 you have two enemies to watch out for, and your own team mate so you can avoid knocking your opponents out of his/her super. In FFA you have 3 opponents to watch but don't have to worry about accidentally knocking them out of your team mates supers so that's a plus. 

Be map aware, learn to block, to jump, and to dodge and spammers will be considered easy wins in your book. 

Message 32 of 59 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Message 33 of 59 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Hey Ryko can you help me 2v2?? please i need help im red now almost to Brown Smiley Sad also you and that Good Cole yesterday completely ripped me and Sonic yesterday Smiley Sad

Sleep Matt signature
Message 34 of 59 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

SwampMidget wrote:

Calling it how I see it. I'm by no means a great player or anything, but 90 percent of the complaints on these forums are easily solved by thinking outside the box. 

OMFG Raiden has like a bunch of hit confirms! Stay airborne. His level one won't do anything. I main Raiden. He's a 1 dimensional character, easy to predict, stop crying. 

OMFG Kratos Spams side square!! Hit L1. It blocks his attack. Then attack when he walks up to throw you.

OMFG Evil Cole giga punch knocks me into a hit confirm! Jump, Roll, Block. All of these methods work great at avoiding it.

OMFG Sly's super is so op! Roll towards it. Unless you're lagging or the sly is smart and attacks you when you're preoccupied you'll be able to dodge it. 

These are all things that I have used in my own personal experience that have worked wonders for me. Like I said, I'm not a great player or anything, yet doing these basic things have really helped.

Also, map awareness is key. Paying attention to where everybody else is on the screen also makes you a better player.

OMFG I don't want to have to watch the other people who I'm not immediately fighting on the screen! Tough luck, you won't get better crying like a baby. In 2v2 you have two enemies to watch out for, and your own team mate so you can avoid knocking your opponents out of his/her super. In FFA you have 3 opponents to watch but don't have to worry about accidentally knocking them out of your team mates supers so that's a plus. 

Be map aware, learn to block, to jump, and to dodge and spammers will be considered easy wins in your book. 

Multiple people repeatedly telling others to do the same three things is thinking outside the box?  . . . I'll pretend that makes sense.

Also:

OMFG, just stay in the air!  -You shouldn't have to resort to staying airborne when you have to worry about what's supposed to be a character's most risky and most difficult to land super. It hinders your own approach and only serves to drag a match out much longer than it needs just because you have to keep jumping around and dodging all the time like a fool.

OMFG, just block Kratos' Forward Square!  -Yes, this is the simplest approach to dealing with Kratos, and would hinder him completly in a 1v1 scenario. However, most matches played in this game consist of fighting against multiple people. Kratos' Forward Square not only helps keep him at a distance from other players (due to knockback and it's range) and bring him into range of others so he can combo easily, but due to it's range and bewildering priority (it even stops Sir Dan during his charge with Super Armor). This constantly ruins a person's approach into combat. When facing two of them, most people will face nothing but frustration.

OMFG, just block, dodge, or jump to avoid Evil Cole kill confirm!  -Oh? Really? All I have to do are those three things? I had no idea . . . . This is pretty much the same thing with Raiden. You should not have to resort to playing an almost purely defensive game just to protect yourself from what is supposed to be the toughest super to land. Telling someone to block, dodge, and jump does nothing but remind them how to play the game itself. It serves no purpose, solves nothing, and only makes you look like a snob who refuses to look at this situation from the standpoint of someone who is not that great at timing blocks or dodges or from the standpoint of someone who is judging this game as a whole and is harmlessly pointing out its flaws. 

Sly's super is the most effective Level 1 super in the game. The range it has is massive. It's instantaneous. It's nearly impossible to stop (save for the occassional times luck plays in your favor). It's capable of taking out airborne opponents. It's also possible for him to sneak in while invisible and take out everyone seemingly out of nowhere because the other three are -- at the moment -- working on their combos or are trying to protect themselves. People have a right to complain about this super. You're not always going to be right next to Sly in order for you to just dodge roll behind him. A smart Sly will distance himself just enough so that it will connect and you will not be able to do so. Just as a smart Ratchet will use his.

You can come in here trying to sound as smart as you want, but it does not make you right. This is a broken mechanic and it needs to be fixed. If it wasn't, there would not be nearly as many threads about kill comfirms in general as there are. Nor will they have gone on for pages upon pages full of disputes and arguments.

Just because people bring up legitimate concerns does not mean they are crying or complaining. They are trying to make this game more enjoyable, not only for themselves, but for other people who are dealing with the same issues. 

Bump up your vocabulary and stop sounding like a snob.

Message 35 of 59 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Hey Ryko can you help me 2v2?? please i need help im red now almost to Brown Smiley Sad also you and that Good Cole yesterday completely ripped me and Sonic yesterday Smiley Sad

just saw this, sorry dude it's new years eve. I'm gonna help a friend learn the game a little then go get ready for karaoke tonight.

Message 36 of 59 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

just saw this, sorry dude it's new years eve. I'm gonna help a friend learn the game a little then go get ready for karaoke tonight.

Tomorrow then? i heard this season will drag into mid-January

Sleep Matt signature
Message 37 of 59 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jan 1, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Yeah that's fine.

Message 38 of 59 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Yeah that's fine.

OK i add you tonight Smiley Tongue.....Also karaoke?!?! Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 39 of 59 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

SwampMidget wrote:

Multiple people repeatedly telling others to do the same three things is thinking outside the box?  . . . I'll pretend that makes sense.

Also:

OMFG, just stay in the air!  -You shouldn't have to resort to staying airborne when you have to worry about what's supposed to be a character's most risky and most difficult to land super. It hinders your own approach and only serves to drag a match out much longer than it needs just because you have to keep jumping around and dodging all the time like a fool.

OMFG, just block Kratos' Forward Square!  -Yes, this is the simplest approach to dealing with Kratos, and would hinder him completly in a 1v1 scenario. However, most matches played in this game consist of fighting against multiple people. Kratos' Forward Square not only helps keep him at a distance from other players (due to knockback and it's range) and bring him into range of others so he can combo easily, but due to it's range and bewildering priority (it even stops Sir Dan during his charge with Super Armor). This constantly ruins a person's approach into combat. When facing two of them, most people will face nothing but frustration.

OMFG, just block, dodge, or jump to avoid Evil Cole kill confirm!  -Oh? Really? All I have to do are those three things? I had no idea . . . . This is pretty much the same thing with Raiden. You should not have to resort to playing an almost purely defensive game just to protect yourself from what is supposed to be the toughest super to land. Telling someone to block, dodge, and jump does nothing but remind them how to play the game itself. It serves no purpose, solves nothing, and only makes you look like a snob who refuses to look at this situation from the standpoint of someone who is not that great at timing blocks or dodges or from the standpoint of someone who is judging this game as a whole and is harmlessly pointing out its flaws. 

Sly's super is the most effective Level 1 super in the game. The range it has is massive. It's instantaneous. It's nearly impossible to stop (save for the occassional times luck plays in your favor). It's capable of taking out airborne opponents. It's also possible for him to sneak in while invisible and take out everyone seemingly out of nowhere because the other three are -- at the moment -- working on their combos or are trying to protect themselves. People have a right to complain about this super. You're not always going to be right next to Sly in order for you to just dodge roll behind him. A smart Sly will distance himself just enough so that it will connect and you will not be able to do so. Just as a smart Ratchet will use his.

You can come in here trying to sound as smart as you want, but it does not make you right. This is a broken mechanic and it needs to be fixed. If it wasn't, there would not be nearly as many threads about kill comfirms in general as there are. Nor will they have gone on for pages upon pages full of disputes and arguments.

Just because people bring up legitimate concerns does not mean they are crying or complaining. They are trying to make this game more enjoyable, not only for themselves, but for other people who are dealing with the same issues. 

Bump up your vocabulary and stop sounding like a snob.

1. You're right. I'm not saying to play completely defensively. What I recommend doing is to dodge his attacks and counter with your own throws and attacks, thus draining his ap while gaining your own. That's what I do against other Raiden's and it works wonders. 

2. If you're facing two of them, chances are this is either a 2v2 when you have a teammate, or a free for all when they will attack one another if they forward square. If you have a team mate, I suggest if one of you has ranged attacks to sit back and used ranged attacks while the other stands in front blocking. If it's free for all, let kratos 1 side square kratos 2, then attack kratos 1 when kratos 2 has been knocked away.

3. You don't have to be purely defensive. I have never once said that. You just have to learn the basic mechanics so you can dodge their big moves with massive down times and quickly follow up with your own counters. I did not know i had to explicitly mention that knowing how to use L1 and X does not mean forgetting that you can attack your opponents. My apologies. I will rephrase my original comment to "Use L1 and X to block, dodge and avoid. After doing so, follow up with your own attacks".

4. If sly uses his super at max range you have that much more time to react to it. Instead of rolling through it, just roll away from it. You're right about how sly can use his super when you're busy comboing somebody else. You should also remember to mention that every other character in this game can do the same thing. So I don't understand your point. Also, I brought your point up before you did in my previous comment. "Unless you're lagging or the sly is smart and attacks you when you're preoccupied you'll be able to dodge it." is the exact sentence.

I'm not trying to sound smart at all. I'm trying to be informative as possible actually. I just happen to be annoyed with all the whiny people who don't put any effort into improving their gameplay and expect somebody else to fix it for them.  I've played every character in this game, and by no means am I a great player, but I can tell you that these commonly complained about problems are solved by practicing the basic game mechanics, which in turn carry over to every character you can play. Except Sly, who lacks a block.

Also, I will bump up my vocubulary when you bump up your critical thinking.

Message 40 of 59 (144 Views)
0 Likes