Wastelander
587 posts

Re: Evil Cole: Giga Punch and R

Dec 31, 2012

Because crying is the only reason people feel compelled to bring up legitimate concerns.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 59 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Dec 31, 2012

wwinterj wrote:

One got 4 kills the other 2 kills and 3 deaths so someone killed him 3 times. Nothing to get hot and bothered about. It just seems to me because you lost you cry.

It was stock, how many more could they get?

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 59 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 31, 2012
@Red_Ring_Ryko Sly and Heihachi are safe from this since Sly changes position and is neutral while Heihachi's counter leaves him neutral.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 59 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 31, 2012

It's a confirm nonetheless, if I landed giga punch and you stumbled you'd be dead either way. You're attempting to differentiate over a minor difference, and the top level Coles will kill you out of a stumble (down square) just as quickly as they will kill you out of a crumple. In fact, I always do down square after a punch for the extra AP and then I kill the opponent out of the stumble.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 59 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 31, 2012
@Red_Ring_Ryko Also the punch has a LOT better properties than all those other hit confirms, it has the best armor in the game, is unblockable, incredibly fast and it can beat out other character super armor like Big Daddy's.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 59 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

It's not unblockable, it does not beat out other super armor moves (they trade and no one gains AP), it can be grabbed, and the rest of the properties do need to be reconsidered. I'd leave the super armor, I'd leave the crumple, I'd take away the fact that a partial charge is saved if Cole is hit, and I'd increase the charge by a second. Counters should also override the super armor, period.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 59 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Dec 31, 2012

GP is blockable.

GP is generally punishable.

GP is incredibly good as well.

It doesn't really need a nerf yet.

Come watch competitive and casual PSASBR play:
http://twitch.tv/hotboxgaming
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 59 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Dec 31, 2012
For the one person telling me I'm crying:

If you only saw the way these 2 evil Coles were playing. They would both be together and spam the red orbs, when we would get in range they would both just spam giga punches until we were downed and then R.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 59 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Out of curiousity, does the Giga Punch cause hard knockdown if two connect on the same person? I would assume they do.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 59 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 31, 2012

PinaChronic wrote:
For the one person telling me I'm crying:

If you only saw the way these 2 evil Coles were playing. They would both be together and spam the red orbs, when we would get in range they would both just spam giga punches until we were downed and then R.

I used to play against a lot of evil cole's and never understood the hype because I hardly ever if at all got hit confirmed by his giga punch which I feel that I can see a mile away. Also I just jump or hold L1 when I see an Evil Cole coming my way with a charged giga punch (red glowy hand gives it away)

Once I started playing Evil Cole, I realized nobody blocks or jumps when they see that haha. So yeah nerf it so nobody has to learn to use L1 and X. I think those two buttons are overrated. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 59 (116 Views)
0 Likes