Dec 31 2013
By: PinaChronic Wastelander 637 posts

Evil Cole: Giga Punch and R

58 replies 804 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

I'm so sick and tired of facing Evil Coles. They reach level 1, they giga punch you and press R. It's impossible to dodge this. Why would they make it like this? They should have it like kratos' side square, where it knocked you back.

Some people will say: "Evil Cole needs giga punch to hit confirm"

Well, I think thats a load of crap. Other people's hit confirms have a slight chance of being dodged (Sir Dan's Down tech on Level 1). 

Here's a pic to warm your hearts up! Not just one evil cole, But 2...... As soon as they reached 1, they giga punched and supered... Absolutely no chance.

photo-1.JPG

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 59 (804 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Re: Evil Cole: Giga Punch and R

Dec 31, 2012
the giga punch is a bad **bleep** move but if they fail it you sure can f them up :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 59 (794 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Dec 31, 2012
the giga punch has almost no risk
they'll get you eventually
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 59 (785 Views)
Wastelander
866 posts

Dec 31, 2012
That punch is awesome, but really the only advice here is to anticipate it and block it. Pay attention to their super meter and you can bait a super out of them. But yeah, you will fall to it. Try to stay airborne too, the punch will send you flying instead of a crumpled state
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 59 (771 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I made the same comment, people are going to say learn to dodge but yet probably suck or are the character you are complaining about. I agree but the ones who do this don't
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 59 (763 Views)
Wastelander
637 posts

Dec 31, 2012
If you guys can see in this picture, it was 2 Evil coles, which means double the giga punches.

There is no risk whatsoever from a giga punch. When 2 evil coles are spamming giga punch you cant "dodge" those.

There needs to be a stop to this hit confirm. It's the most overpowered hit confirm in the game imo.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 59 (726 Views)
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Dec 31, 2012

People are going to say "Dodge it! Derp! Block it! Derble Derpington!" But just to remmind everyone that during FFA other people attack you. Making it so you can't block and dodge.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 59 (717 Views)
Wastelander
637 posts

Dec 31, 2012
True, and isn't his charged up giga punch even able to break your block?
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 59 (715 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 31, 2012
It takes a while for him to charge it so it's bets to not give him the chance to or play a character who dominates in the air so he can never get a chance to land the punch. Only characters who I think can do this are Fat Princess and Jak.

Even characters that are great at close range suffer since he already has a great zoning game and his punch can bust through even super armor like Big Daddies so the only way to stop it is to get out of the way or stay in the air.

If you have a counter USE it. Heihachi, Sly, Dante and Raiden can at least make them think twice about randomly throwing it out.

Last thing I can think of is for Sly to activate his level 1 on reaction to seeing Cole lunge forward for the punch.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 59 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Yay, my signature is relevant again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 59 (699 Views)
0 Likes