Feb 09 2013
By: NewmansSalsa Lombax Warrior 173 posts

Enough with the Drake, Kratos, Raiden crying. Lets talk more about Sly

34 replies 605 views Edited Feb 9, 2013

Now before i also cry nerf sly (which does get brought up quite a bit, but i feel should be the number one topic of nerfs) lets talk about some of his moves. Now sly has been given the disadvantage of no block or roll. But is it really a disadvantage. I played in a 2s match against GOOD double Slys and my team couldnt touch them. (My 2s team ended at 96 Brown belt, not too bad started 2 weeks before season end, Drake, E,Cole. His parry and teleport spam is kind of rediculous. And no block you say, pretty sure he can sit in a barrel and not get hit by an projectiles. Lets not talk about his level 1 immortality thats been discussed before. Now i cry for a nerf but not for any of the listed reasons above, but the fact his parry takes AP. NO other character has a non throw move that takes AP. I think that since the parry is very spammable it shouldnt take any AP. He can have all the other bs, just Nerf the 20AP he takes from his spammy arse parry. Ok now to wipe my tears and get ready for the hate messages.

Message 1 of 35 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Enough with the Drake, Kratos, Raiden crying. Lets talk more about Sly

Feb 9, 2013
The counter doesnt steal ap, his standard square combo does. It can be said the counter does, since technically the square can be follow up everytime. Also, it doesnt work if he counters a projectile and he hits you, or you jump and attack while you are in the air. He can still hit you, but cant do pick pocket combo.
Message 2 of 35 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Also, i thought the pick pocket stole 40 ap.
Message 3 of 35 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 9, 2013
His parry does not take ap. It's his square square combo. It can take 20 or 40 ap, and taking that away from him would be kind of dumb/: just saying. Before the game came out superbot hyped up his pick pocket ability. They could make it like 15 ap but then there'd be no point of the attack cause you might as well just do an up square combo...
Message 4 of 35 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
His parry does not take ap. It's his square square combo. It can take 20 or 40 ap, and taking that away from him would be kind of dumb/: just saying. Before the game came out superbot hyped up his pick pocket ability. They could make it like 15 ap but then there'd be no point of the attack cause you might as well just do an up square combo...

20 or 40? i thought it always took 40. Are you talking about when it is being blocked or what?

Message 5 of 35 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 9, 2013
It can take 20 sometimes regardless of whether they're blocking or not, im not sure if its a glitch or what. I've stunned somebody and tried it and it only took 20 and they were stunned so they werent blocking...
Message 6 of 35 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 9, 2013
I'm pretty sure it just gives you 20 ap even though you're taking away 40.
Message 7 of 35 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Evil Cole and Sly need it more than Raiden and Drake.
Message 8 of 35 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Sly doesn't need that much of a nerf, the more I play as him the more weaknesses I find with him. The only thing I find kind of insane is his teleport. I've avoided so many level 3's and level 2s with it ..
Message 9 of 35 (511 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Feb 9, 2013

One move that's been irking me lately about Sly is his counter/parry and how unpunishable it is.  Unlike other characters' counters, Sly's has almost zero cooldown time and its automatic teleport makes it nigh unstoppable.

Recently I faced a particularly skilled 999 Sly in FFA, but throughout most of the match he literally just stood near us and pressed the counter button over and over, just waiting for any of us to attack him.  The problem was that we literally could do nothing about it because any attack or projectile of ours would trigger the counter and net him a free combo.  This was also on Dojo, so it was quite difficult not to hit him.  The match was basically counter > teleport > Level 1 > repeat, and he won.

Occurrences like that make me think Sly definitely has some balancing issues.  Perhaps the teleport from his counter should have a decreased range if you hit him from a great enough distance.

Message 10 of 35 (502 Views)