May 27 2013
By: CalDW19940 I Only Post Everything 1169 posts

Emmett vs Kat, a challenge to Kat players

9 replies 210 views Edited May 27, 2013

Hey everyone, I wanted to make a proposal to Kat players to fight my Emmett.

Kat has pretty much been regarded as having no bad MU's whatsoever however I have a strong belief in Emmett being not only bad for her but horrible for her. It needs to be seen to be believed so I'd like to fight any decent Kat players in 1v1 to show them how the matchup tends to play out (this is not me calling people up to try prove I'm better or anything lol just to showcase what Emmett can do against her, I may not win I may not lose but I at least want to show the matchup.)

Message me or add me if you want to see what it's like ^^

Message 1 of 10 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Re: Emmett vs Kat, a challenge to Kat players

May 27, 2013
I'll bite
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 2 of 10 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

May 27, 2013

As an Emmett player myself, this match up is absolutely horrible for Emmett. Probably his second worst match up actually.

Message 3 of 10 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

May 27, 2013
I'm also open to inviting people to watch the matches, just have the spectators be killed off at the start of the match and then continue.
Message 4 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

Just so you know...Kat can slide under all of Emmett's projectiles except for extremely precise downward shots. The turret is incapeable of aiming downwards so it won't do anything to stall Kat. Try to get the shotgun load out if you can...though the likelihood that Kat will let you do that is rather slim if the Kat player is worth anything. You've been warned...

Message 5 of 10 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

May 27, 2013

On paper, the matchup is horrible. Kats rushdown ability seems to be exactly what is needed to get to Emmet and lock him down away from his loadouts and prevent him from zoning. In practice, that's exactly how it usually works.

Message 6 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

In ways yes however she won't be able to kill him in that time. She'll need to stop for debri and pretty much all of emmetts moves will make her drop debri.

The main way to play this is to setup near a wall and bounc grenades off it so that it covers Emmett's body. Kat won't be able to approach him like this and throw attempts always lose to the explosives, even better is Emmett can alter the grenade tosses to match her position or switch up to a sticky shotgun loadout to further annoy her going stright for the turret. Emmett can also cancel the recovery animation for his attacks/throws with reloads so he's rarely in danger when needing to get more ammo. If she tries to wait you out just spawn an AP pod to force her near you. A Turret helps prevent a lot of her combos getting started if she gets passed a grenade and even if she does she won't have any debri so can't level 1 him. She's forced to use her level 2 and Emmett's level 2 will always beat out hers.

Lastly Emmett's level 3 is capable of 3 kills so one 3 could potentially sweep an entire match for him.

Message 7 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

May 27, 2013

A good Kat player won't let you get all that stuff out. Contact LizardHeart and play his Kat.

Message 8 of 10 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

May 27, 2013
Could you post the results? I'm interested.
Message 9 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

May 27, 2013
I already have and even he struggled :3

Also forgot to mention that if you're from the US we will probably experience some lag issues as I'm from Europe. Sorry about that.
Message 10 of 10 (101 Views)
0 Likes