Feb 16 2013
By: Danyuro Lombax Warrior 91 posts

Emmett's mechanics

10 replies 213 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

First, sorry if this is one of the many new topics about this character. I just couldn't find one to make my statement. Smiley Wink

I played some games with Emmett, and noticed some design decisions that I find quite rare. I am not the one to judge or anything, this is not a NERF NERF or FIX topic, it is just my point of view on this character.

1. Item pickups have priority over Emmetts weapon load outs. I find this really annoying while playing. When I am out of ammo and try to pick some, I don’t want to end with the beamsword, or a mine. It already is tricky to get ammo because people will always try to hit you while doing so.
  3. His normal attacks are slow. I personally think it’s fine, but there is one thing that bothers me. When someone attacks me and I block, I can’t counter that person with a normal attack. If both players mash square, the hits will nullify. I normally play a defensive game, and also think that Emmett is a defensive character, therefore I find it strange that he can’t punish attacks like most of the rest of the cast with his normals.
  5. The circle attack of the level 3 super is the flying robot that shoots people while flying across the screen. In Franzea, this attack didn’t work. I don’t know why, maybe it was because the level changed, but when I used this attack, the robot flew across the screen without attacking.

I am just curious what you guys think about his mechanics and if you like his character.

Message 1 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Emmett's mechanics

Feb 16, 2013
The item pickup thing is really annoying. For his normal attacks, use square square or up grab up square for punishing. The last thing on Franzea seems like a glitch. And yes, I love the character. He is in my top 3 along with Sackboy and Spike.
Message 2 of 11 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah I tried to use square square for punishing, but it would always trade with the opponents attack. Maybe I just messed it up, but it happened quite a lot so I thought it was a mechanic failure.

PS: I would love to play against your Emmett sometime Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 11 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Oh my Emmett isn't that great yet, he is still under my Spike's level of how I play, and my Spike is about half as good as my Sackboy. I am learning him fast though so maybe in a week we can 1v1.
Message 4 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I think emmetts weapon loadouts should hit people if they are too close, like the turret.
Message 5 of 11 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I agree with dos.
Message 6 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Another thing I noticed while playing Emmett: I was playing 2v2, my friends Nariko got his level 3 and activated it. During her level 3, I couldn't build any equipment. The turret / weapon / spawn beacon animated would show, but the item itself wouldn't activate on the stage.

Even so, the turret green building image would glitch. Everytime I build a turret, their green placement holder would stay on the map. After the level 3, half the stage was covered in green turrets Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 11 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I honestly find Emmett to be one of the slowest, if not the slowest, attacking characters in the game. Mind you, his neutral square is one of the fastest, as is his shotgun, but the rest seem really slow. He also seems like he's one of the most punishable.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 8 of 11 (99 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 17, 2013

"I honestly find Emmett to be one of the slowest, if not the slowest, attacking characters in the game. Mind you, his neutral square is one of the fastest, as is his shotgun, but the rest seem really slow. He also seems like he's one of the most punishable."

To be honest, I can't think of an attack that isn't completely safe. Maybe they designed it this way, so that players actually need the turret to back them up.

Message 9 of 11 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 17, 2013
His side square needs to be sped up a tiny, tiny bit. If someone like Kratos whiffs a chain grab, Emmett should be able to punish him (and anyone else) with the best attack he has for starting combos. But that's not the case, and it's annoying.
Message 10 of 11 (85 Views)