Still dreaming about Logan. . .
Message 21 of 26 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Emitt Graves is awesome DLC

Nov 19, 2012

Emmett Graves – Moveset

Slow movement speed akin to Sweet Tooth, relies on his “Build and Battle” constructs to help him in his fights. Emmett can summon structures such as turrets, walls, shield generators and the like into battle in order to keep opponents trapped or distracted. Also employs the use of mines, rockets and a pistol in his fighting style.

Attacks

Square – just like the melee in Starhawk, you can slash up to two times, with a brief recharge between sets of slashes. (Air – same as ground)

Up Square – Uppercut with his rift infused fist launching opponents. (Air – same as ground)

Forward Square – Lunges forward slightly and thrusts with his knife. Good combo starter. (Air – Throws the knife a short distance)

Down Square – Kneels and punches the ground or at enemy’s feet, causes opponents to trip leading into a quick super or into a combo. (Air – Swings his rift infused fist knocking enemies into the floor)

After Emmett empties a clip on any of his guns he must go through a reload animation, offering up a momentary opportunity to take advantage. This ensures that an Emmett player must use all of the tools at his disposal instead of relying on either just his guns or melee strikes.

TriangleGalloway Revolver, can fire off 6 rounds but then has to reload, cannot move while shooting, pause between each consecutive shot fired. 6th shot always has big knockback if it connects. (Air – same as ground)

Up TriangleGrinder, shoots the grinder up into the air in an arc above his head, good anti-air. Can be held to last longer. (Air – same as ground, cannot hold button down)

Forward Triangle – Union Shotgun, simple shotgun blast. It hits slightly above enemy as well as directly in front. If it hits opponent in the air it causes knockback, if on the ground it crumples opponents. It can fire 6 shots before having to reload. (Air – same as ground, always knockback)

Down Triangle – R-SEC Proximity Charge, tosses a proximity mine at his feet.

All of Emmet’s circle attacks are part of his “Build and Battle” system, Emmett calls in constructs to change the battlefield around him, forcing opponents to play a style that benefits Emmett. Anytime a construct is dropped and it hits an opponent they are knocked back. Only 2 constructs can be active at any given time. For example, I can call in a wall and a turret, if I attempt to call in a shield generator the first construct I called in will disappear. There is a delay between the input and the execution on all of Emmett’s “Build and Battle” attacks, justified by the fact that they are shot down from space. Only one of each construct can be active at a given time, for example, you cannot have 2 Rift Extractors out to double the AP gain. All aerial iterations of these attacks do the same thing as on the ground.  

Circle – Wall, Emmett calls in a wall. The wall provides defense, cuts off opponent’s direct path to Emmet, allowing him to set up some proximity mines or other constructs. The wall is easily destroyed, 3 hits.

Up Circle – Auto Turret, Emmett calls in an auto turret. It fires at opponents within range, small AP gain. It can be mounted on a wall or by itself. 3 hits to destroy. Chargeable (like Spikes radar, lvl 1 is the auto turret, lvl 2 is the beam turret, lvl 3 is the flak turret) each successive level increases the AP gain and range but the turret is easier to destroy. Auto Turret shoots small projectiles quickly netting Emmett 1 AP per hit (much like Dante’s Ebony and Ivory). Beam Turret shoots a steady laser at the enemy causes no stun but nets Emmett 5 AP every second the beam is connected. Flak Turret shoots balls of shrapnel at opponents; rate of fire is very slow, causes quick stun on opponents that are hit, and nets Emmett 15 AP per hit.

Forward Circle – Shield Generator, Emmett calls in a shield generator. The shield only lasts for ten seconds at a time. It does not stop enemies from entering the area; it only defends from projectile attacks. It can be destroyed with a single hit if inside the shield area.

Down Circle – Rift Extractor, like Parappa’s Boom box, Emmett can call in the Rift Extractor to create his own AP without having to directly attack opponents. The AP the construct provides is slightly more abundant than Parappa’s equivalent but it takes longer to call in and it does not last as long. It can be destroyed with a single hit.

Grabs

Forward Grab – Drains the AP from them (like he does to his brother Logan at the end of the campaign) then throws them away.

Down Grab – Calls in a pod to crush the enemy.

Up Grab – Uppercut with rift infused fist.

Supers

Lvl 1 – Drops a smaller version of the Rift Bomb at Emmett’s location, AoE in Emmett’s area.

Lvl 2 – Calls in a Grizzly, not nearly as large as the Hawk but much faster. Able to shoot the Gauss Cannon for long range assaults (4 shots max than the super ends prematurely) and stomps for up close melee. Super lasts the average length (Parappa’s lvl 2).

Lvl 3 – Calls in a Launchpad and enters a Hawk. Much like Sweet Tooth’s mech, Emmett can stomp on enemies hiding beneath him; shoot missiles at enemies at long range and fire flares behind him to avoid the turning animation saving precious time. Lasts the average length of a lvl 3 (Sweet Tooth’s lvl 3)

Message 22 of 26 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah i really excited to play as Emmett a unique character that will bring his own unique set of moves into the fight. hey the more series they branch out to the better the game and roster will become!
Message 23 of 26 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

I'm too am excited for Emmet. I will be really happy with him if they include most of his arsenal from Starhawk from knives and guns to jetpacks and turrets. I'm predicting that his level 3 will be him taking control of a hawk in mech mode and that will be similar to Sweet tooth's level 3.

Edit: The 2 posts above me were not there before I posted, I'm aware they have the same idea about the level three

Message 24 of 26 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Nov 19, 2012
@bobo: you should switch his b&b with the triange button attacks.
Message 25 of 26 (32 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
@bobo: you should switch his b&b with the triange button attacks.

Fair enough, kind of threw it together just to show that he doesnt have to be a generic shooter character lol. He would be kind of tough to balance but im sure it could be pulled off. 

Message 26 of 26 (27 Views)
0 Likes