Sackboy
615 posts

Re: E-Sports

Nov 19, 2012

true but three guys can only do so much to coordinate, make trailers ,and record amazing matches for you guys to watch and get inspired to kick some tail lol

Message 11 of 15 (93 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Jaychance wrote:

true but three guys can only do so much to coordinate, make trailers ,and record amazing matches for you guys to watch and get inspired to kick some tail lol

If you build it, they will come?

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 12 of 15 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

If a company doesn't push the game themselves then it isn't going to happen.  What is going to affect the game going to e-sports is how popular it is.  It's dissapointing to hear they aren't trying to get into e-sports themselves, because I'd love more good games that are more skill based and less luck that AREN'T regular SF, MK, or KOF style fighters.  League of legends is fun to watch but has a lot of imbalance issues, and star craft is basically rock paper scissor strats and you better hope you picked right and just too complicated for many people to invest themselves into. Unfortunately, community effort can't do it alone.  It's too unorganized, messy, and cliques begin to form, and then you have awesomenauts, which is just a pathetic community lol.

BuchNasty Trophy Card
Message 13 of 15 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

BuchNasty wrote:

If a company doesn't push the game themselves then it isn't going to happen.  What is going to affect the game going to e-sports is how popular it is.  It's dissapointing to hear they aren't trying to get into e-sports themselves, because I'd love more good games that are more skill based and less luck that AREN'T regular SF, MK, or KOF, style fighters.  League of legends is fun to watch but has a lot of imbalance issues, and star craft is basically rock paper scissor strats and you better hope you picked right and just too complicated for many people to invest themselves into honestly. But unfortunately community effort can't do it alone.  It's too unorganized, messy, and cliques begin to form, and then you have awesomenauts lol which is just a pathetic community.

I generally agree with you, but a company also can't ram a game down the E-sports community throats either. I know the State of the League guy personally, if PASBR turns out to have the depth, maybe I'll get some tips on how to get a good community going. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 14 of 15 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Let's get dat e-sports moneyYi9P4.gif

meme3485470395
Message 15 of 15 (69 Views)
0 Likes