Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Drippy for All Stars

Feb 11, 2013

@PB

I don't like JRPG's and I love this game. So much charm to put to words.

Message 11 of 35 (108 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

While I do love Ni No Kuni, I feel like it is too early for this game to undergo "allstar" status just yet. This in no way undermines the greatness of the game by any means. I just think that the older generation of playstation's past is underepresented and we should focus more on that before we start getting into games that have just come out(Ni no Kuni) or games that havent even come out(Last of us, MGR:R, and DmC to a certain extent). Putting these characters in a game named "playstation allstars" and putting in these newer characters further confuses consumers because it makes it look like a cash-in and for the most part, they didnt grow up with these characters and they would not classify them as "allstars" either.

again, im not saying I hate the idea of putting Oliver or drippy in the game, im just saying that its too early.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 12 of 35 (104 Views)
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Yea, the battle system is really unique. I was thinking of renting it maybe. After watching parts of the game I really hope Oliver makes it in this game. Thanks guys I'm going download the demo and see if I like it, RPGs havent been my thing for some time
Message 13 of 35 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Xarf wrote:
While I do love Ni No Kuni, I feel like it is too early for this game to undergo "allstar" status just yet. This in no way undermines the greatness of the game by any means. I just think that the older generation of playstation's past is underepresented and we should focus more on that before we start getting into games that have just come out(Ni no Kuni) or games that havent even come out(Last of us, MGR:R, and DmC to a certain extent). Putting these characters in a game named "playstation allstars" and putting in these newer characters further confuses consumers because it makes it look like a cash-in and for the most part, they didnt grow up with these characters and they would classify them as "allstars" either.

again, im not saying I hate the idea of putting Oliver or drippy in the game, im just saying that its too early.
While I agree with most of what you're saying, I wouldn't mind seeing Oliver in this game. NNK deserves the publicity moreso than say DmC or Rising.
Message 14 of 35 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013
I think the problem is, the characters people really want are difficult to negotiate, considering PS1 gaming was ruled by third party icons, and the characters that have a really good chance of getting in are classed 'obsecure' - e.g. Abe. It makes it really difficult to find substitutes for what amounts to the same 4 names (Crash, Spyro, Cloud & Snake), when they're are very good reasons why they can't be included. Any other addition is then boo'ed off because they can't 'live up' to those 4.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 15 of 35 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13508 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Oliver should be in this game. But Mr. Drippy should be a minion instead. In the game, all he does is run around the battle field and heals.

Message 16 of 35 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I think the problem is, the characters people really want are difficult to negotiate, considering PS1 gaming was ruled by third party icons, and the characters that have a really good chance of getting in are said classed 'obsecure' - e.g. Abe. It makes it really difficult to find substitutes for what amounts to the same 4 names (Crash, Spyro, Cloud & Snake), when they're are very good reasons why they can't be included. Any other addition is then boo'ed off because they can't 'live up' to those 4.

well I never mentioned the "big four" because we already know about their situation, but there are so many more games that deserve to be in this game and some of those are even owned by sony themselves, so they would not be hard to get. So they dont have to live up toto those four. I mean there are other games besides crash, spyro, FF7, MGS.

Im talking about games along the lines of

Yakuza, Disgaea, Wild Arms(owned by sony), tomba, Legend of Legaia(owned by sony), Alundra, xenosaga, Arc the Lad, Legend of Dragoon(owned by sony), Grandia, Syphon filter(owned by sony), Abe, etc. And a lot of the games that people want represented are not "obscure", they are just not as popular as the big four. 

ouyofo.jpg

Message 17 of 35 (75 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

theres also

Dark Cloud(Level 5)
Jeanne d'Arc(level 5)
The Mark of Kri(SCE San Diego Studio)
Rouge Galaxy(Level-5 & SCE Japan Studio)

these could also be easily attained

Technically, Ni No kuni could be easily attained, but idk how much Studio Ghibli factors into their decision process.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 18 of 35 (70 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I never said you were talking about the 'big four', what I meant is, in comparison to those - all other characters that could be termed 'All Stars' (including all the characters you listed), are shrugged off as obsecure or undeserving. It's not necessarily true, but that's how the majority see it unfortunatly.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 35 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 11, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I never said you were talking about the 'big four', what I meant is, in comparison to those - all other characters that could be termed 'All Stars' (including all the characters you listed), are shrugged off as obsecure or undeserving. It's not necessarily true, but that's how the majority see it unfortunatly.

i completely agree. Im sorry if I completely derailed your Drippy thread Smiley Sad

ouyofo.jpg

Message 20 of 35 (60 Views)
0 Likes