Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Re: Drakes at the SoCal regionals annoy me.

Jan 21, 2013

I love Drake's Square moves; they're my bread and butter when I play as him.  There is nothing more satisfying than landing his aerial Forward+Square on someone and launching them across the stage.

I also think not nearly enough people take advantage of his zipline.  THAT is probably the most fun thing to use. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 13 (106 Views)
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Jan 21, 2013

One thing I always notice is that people only use the barrel in the air. I'm pretty sure it's because using it close enough to the ground will have Drake recover almost immediately. My best guess is that with word of Drake getting looked into for nerfs, the barrel's probably gonna be the one to be looked at, and my best guess there is that the air version is gonna keep Drake in the air for as long as it would normally take to recover. Probably won't do the same thing with the golden gun, but the barrel can be a ridiculous problem when Drake can potentially move instantly after it.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I always aim for down+square in the air, so that I can get an easy forward+square, slide, slide and end it with whatever I feel like.
Barrel is to keep people off me, not a spam move.
Message 13 of 13 (73 Views)
0 Likes