Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: Drake's Barrel Users

Feb 24, 2013

Seraph_Wolf wrote:

I can understand the frustration that Drake's barrel can cause, However its not fair to Drake players to be asked to not use a specific move because its deemed 'unfair' by a portion of the community.

Imagine if by this same logic all Sly players shouldn't be allowed to use parry, or all Kratos/Nariko players couldn't use there chains that draw you in. Or Emmet players couldn't use his turret. Where does it end?

Now in short what I'm trying to get across is that the barrel is one of Drake's moves and people (myself included) are going to use it.

If they made the barrel somehow punishable. Kratos has good lag time on his chains if you block it, nariko i don't think can use her chains on the ground to go into an actual combo, and emmet's turret gives 30 ap if you destroy it. What does Drakes barrel have against him?

Message 21 of 31 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Feb 24, 2013
He can do 1 at a time
Message 22 of 31 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Kratos can just chain away
Message 23 of 31 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Feb 24, 2013

We should get ap for destroying the barrel honestly. We get ap off emmetts turret and thats cake walk compared to drakes barrel

Message 24 of 31 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I find it funny that people still don't know how to dodge a slow moving barrel after all this time. It's a FFA. No **bleep** a CC move is going to be effective. Too bad that barrel isn't very useful in 1v1.
Message 25 of 31 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I think the danger of the barrel is when it's close up. It can hit multiple people before it explodes and is really safe. One of the safest in the game. That is balanced though because if avoided by everyone, he can't make another for a long time (until the first explodes)
Message 26 of 31 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I agree, Nathan is my main but I use barrels only on people that spams Kratos forward square, everybody else gets whupped by everything else.
Message 27 of 31 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Feb 25, 2013

ChaosControlASH wrote:

honestly, every drake user i have encountered do the same stuff, barrel into the gun. it's really annoying and discouraging whenever i face one online in 2v2 ranked matches. 

killaKAM938 wrote:
Lmbo,, that's why I stay offline, I feel your pain they don't play to have, just to win, and spamming gets them there :/. I'm a Drake user and rarely use barrels...smh at them
i know what you mean. and i bet it's refreshing for other players to play against someone like you right? i mained Zelda and Pit in the Smash Bros game and everybody literally told me it was nice and refreshing to play against somebody that didnt spam the Din's Fire or arrows respectively.

Yeah I've actually gotten friend request with attached messages saying, it's great to see a Drake on screen with no barrels. I know how you feel too mate, spammers are the worse, I hate the fire arrow when I wanted to get back on stage lol

Message 28 of 31 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I don't care about the barrels. I care about the spam. I have no problems with the barrel being used in measured amounts with other attacks. When someone is mindlessly spamming them, using them as q crutch because of they're inability to do anything else? It's just no fun.

I main Big Daddy most of the time, and his best defense against barrels is to charge through them. Typically, I just end up charging back and forth. So much fun. If you're trying to defend the barrels by attacking ones ability to dodge or jump, you are obviously just a sad, scummy spammer, dragonsroc.
Message 29 of 31 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I have a hard time with the barrel though, because Dante's attacks on the barrel all result in him getting blown back by the explosion. And if I stand back and shoot at the barrel with my guns, draw pops out another immediately. I'd be alot happier if the barrel was changed so that:
1) when you attack it, it wont explode.
2) it explodes on contact. No tripping.

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 30 of 31 (62 Views)
0 Likes