Nov 11 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Drake is an awkward fit

44 replies 636 views Edited Nov 11, 2012

I haven't played as Drake yet but I have seen all his supers and some gameplay on WNF. First off whats up with his supers? His level three turns people into zombies? That hasn't happened in not one Uncharted game. It was co-op dlc. I kinda get his level three but the propane tank was never really iconic for me. Maybe his level two could trigger a QTE fighting sequence. And his level one knocks over a wall... Really? On the birght side his melee combat looks right and is stuff that is actually in Uncharted games. Drake is one of my charcaters of this generation but he does not fit into a fighting game with a super system

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 1 of 45 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Re: Drake is an awkward fit

Nov 11, 2012
They are referencing the descendants from U1
Message 2 of 45 (620 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I always enjoyed barbecuing people with it. I'm glad they added that. The only super I dislike is his level 2. Level 3 and 1 are A-OK by me.
Message 3 of 45 (610 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I've played all uncharted games but I see how a lot people will be confused on his lvl 3
Message 4 of 45 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Drake's Level 3 is from Uncharted 1. El Dorado drops down and turns everyone into Descendants, after which he pulls out Eddy Raja's Golden Gun, which was a pretty powerful weapon. Maybe one of the best ones, like the Golden Crossbow. In the first Uncharted, Drake was looking for El Dorado. It turned out to be not a city, but a golden "man". It was a coffin. Inside was a mummy that, when in direct contact, would revert people to a feral state and make them immortal. Essentially like zombies. The majority of the Descendants forces were Spaniards and Nazis (Ha, Nazi Zombies, get it?). These became a huge enemy towards the end of the game. Every single Uncharted game has had mythical monsters with the exception of Golden Abyss. 

His level 1 is a propane toss, not the wall. Drake doesn't have very many iconic moves or scenes that would work as supers. They decided that instead of making something boring like an RPG, they would use some interesting things from the Uncharted games. The Propane toss was an interesting mechanic that shooters were just starting to pick up (throw it, aim homes in on it) and it was an effective strategy. 

Drake's Level 2 is knocking over a wall. And really, this is a great super and represents Uncharted perfectly. Throughout his series, Drake is a bit of a resourceful clutz. Things break and fall around him often. Sometimes as a direct result of him. It helps show the puzzle side, in a sense, as well. Drake's had to push a lot of things around in his puzzles, and this is the best way to tie that in to his character.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 45 (598 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

I think Drake fits really well with his guns he has a nice movee set. Not to mention his level 1 and 3 supers are fine descendants are in the first Uncharted and the propane tank is used throughout the games and in multiplayer. Everyone's grip seems to be what about his ties to treasure hunting. I think that's a bit dumb it does not take away from the fact that he has a lot to draw from for moves and SuperBot did and got it down pretty well. And in sure treasure hunting will be part of his story in this game in some form.

Message 6 of 45 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Nov 11, 2012
His move set is so funnyXD
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 7 of 45 (581 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Are u trying to say drake is not a treasure hunter?
Message 8 of 45 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

Drake's Level 3 is from Uncharted 1. El Dorado drops down and turns everyone into Descendants, after which he pulls out Eddy Raja's Golden Gun, which was a pretty powerful weapon. Maybe one of the best ones, like the Golden Crossbow. In the first Uncharted, Drake was looking for El Dorado. It turned out to be not a city, but a golden "man". It was a coffin. Inside was a mummy that, when in direct contact, would revert people to a feral state and make them immortal. Essentially like zombies. The majority of the Descendants forces were Spaniards and Nazis (Ha, Nazi Zombies, get it?). These became a huge enemy towards the end of the game. Every single Uncharted game has had mythical monsters with the exception of Golden Abyss. 

His level 1 is a propane toss, not the wall. Drake doesn't have very many iconic moves or scenes that would work as supers. They decided that instead of making something boring like an RPG, they would use some interesting things from the Uncharted games. The Propane toss was an interesting mechanic that shooters were just starting to pick up (throw it, aim homes in on it) and it was an effective strategy. 

Drake's Level 2 is knocking over a wall. And really, this is a great super and represents Uncharted perfectly. Throughout his series, Drake is a bit of a resourceful clutz. Things break and fall around him often. Sometimes as a direct result of him. It helps show the puzzle side, in a sense, as well. Drake's had to push a lot of things around in his puzzles, and this is the best way to tie that in to his character.

^ this plus his clumsy resourcefulness can also be shown in his moveset with his ledge fall move where he looks like hes falling through the floor.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 9 of 45 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Nice way of putting it dude. Also glad that golden abyss had no mythical creatures because he was actually surprised by the descendants in U1. So it wouldn't make any sense if he had run into some sort of mysticism back then in his old adventures. After U1 everything was fair game with mysticism.
Message 10 of 45 (541 Views)
0 Likes