Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2013
By: Strych-nyne First Son 6 posts

Drake and Toro Infinities?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 106 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I was wondering if anyone else countered this cheap and most annoying problem. I'm usually an advocate for Toro and commend those who main him, but this recently discovered infinite move type deal has really made me upset.

Lately I decided to take a break from playing too much ranked ffa - I'm becoming too disappointed recently so I wanted a breather. Instead I've been teaming with one of my mates for ranked 2v2 and we both encountered a couple really terrible problems.

Drake players started doing this infinite move where he backs into a corner and hides behind the wall (I don't play Drake so I don't know what the controls are). Usually when one of us are nearby and then loop the move where he shoots and ducks, shoots and ducks. It's so fast you can't move or evade once caught in it, and it can go one for a very, very long time if my teammate isn't for whatever reason able to stop him without getting caught in it himself. Drake went to level 2 while doing this to me once. I later experienced this in ffa.

Second only happened once thus far, but it was one of the most dickish things I've had done to me on the game. We came across these pair of black belt Toros - we knew it'd be a hard battle, as we're rocking only green belts in team atm - but we're not quitters. 

Turns out the Toros only planned to fight for just over a minute. One of them got one kill, and then... Well they flew. It's the move where Toro, after changing into his shower cap (?) using down square (iirc), he then has a  set sort of strange (cake, rice ball whatever) moves. This flying infinite is done by using up-triangle with a combination of still circle (the sleeping move) while in the air. You're eventually able to stay safely off screen if you loop this at a constant, floating continuously around the ceiling.

So, has anyone else experienced these and have they found a way to counter them? They've really infuriated me, and if it weren't for my wanting to rock Emmet come February, I'd probably just move on to another game already. This is getting to be a bit much.

--------------

A city where the artist would not fear the censor,
where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality,
where the great would not be constrained by the small.

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Re: Drake and Toro Infinities?

Jan 19, 2013

yeah that's a way to play toro...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Ouch. I'm lucky enough to have not run into those tactics, but I have read that you can get out of the Drake infinite and I guess Toro's UpTriangle might be able to prevent other Toros from flying up into the air.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I was able to counter the toro sleeping once since i was lucky enough to have chosen Toro myself. SHURIKEN SPAM MOTHER*bleep*ERS!!! they eventually saw how much easy ap i was getting compared to them and came down

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)
0 Likes