Sackboy
437 posts

Re: Drake VS Lara Croft

Nov 12, 2012

Omega_Rez wrote:

you may say they are similar but Lara Croft actually knows martial arts and is more agile than drake. she has a wider variety of weapons that are her own and things like barrels or stone pillars.. etc. i would like both but square bought out eidos a long time ago so its a bit dfferent now. and especially since **bleep** square is releasing the tomb raider game on all systems when she should only be on playstation where her home is.

Drake already uses both of these in his moveset...  I like how you say she has a wider variety and point to two things Drake is already using. Well done sir.

Also to the guy flipping out because he doesn't think Drake and Lara are the same.  I'd agree they aren't the same person... but you have to admit that the two of them are just waaaayyy to similar.... You say that Drake takes a conventional way, so jumping around rooftops and hanging off of cliffs and stuff is conventional?  Compared to Lara who jumps around? I don't really understand your argument.  Lara and Drake have very similar skill sets in their respective games. They platform around temples and what not. Sure Uncharted involves a lot more gunplay in them, but they're still very similar franchises.  Some people would go as far as to say Uncharted is just a remake of Tomb Raider with a male character.

Message 21 of 36 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Drake VS. Lara Croft

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

I would have love to see Drake Vs. Lara Croft. I love both IP's and this would have been a great game to have both of them in.

Now, I grew up with Lara Croft on the PlayStation so I do associate her with that console . I know that she is multi-platform now but hey, Bioshock wasn't a PlayStation exclusive (Tomb Raider was) and I associate that with Xbox more then PS.

Everyone that say's she would be the same as Drake move-set wise, If SuperBot can make Kratos and Nariko or both Coles Different then I have no doubt that they can do the same with Lara and Drake. Plus, they wan choose which Lara they want represented in this game.( I would love to see old school but I guess the new Lara would be the one Square would want them to use.)

Also, another female character wouldn't be so bad and this one is related to Playstation past and future.

Message 22 of 36 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Kratos is unique because of his arsenal of weapons and powers. Anyone with half a brain could think of how to make those two different.

The problem with Lara is that Drake's moveset was already forced. Having to think of moves for her that don't feel like Drake's would be a challenge. I'm not saying it would be impossible, just that Sony's money should be spent elsewhere. There's still first party characters that deserve a shot. 

Message 23 of 36 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Wow NONE of you are even old enough to know Lara Croft is NOTHING LIKE **bleep** NATHAN DRAKE!

Nathan Drake goes the realistic route and uses military weapons constantly.

Lara is an acrobatic dual pistol wielding machine that is constantly jumping around.

If you say "Their movesets are the same" you bring shame to video games... Lara Croft is NOT THE **bleep** SAME AS NATHAN DRAKE!.

Have you seen any of the trailers for the new game?? she has no acrobatic ability, all she does is get beat up, fall down a cliff, something will blow up randomly, she"ll be safe momentarily and than she"ll get beat up again. I agree with you if this was the old Lara but not anymore. 

Message 24 of 36 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 12, 2012

First of all, Uncharted has a lot of differences when compared to Tomb Raider and Lara Croft is even more different when compared to Ntahan Drake. Sure they are similar games and characters in many aspects but not clones - heck, even Evil Cole is not Good Cole clone, why Lara Croft would it?.

Lara could rely on:

Bow & Arrow or even Crossbow (Poison or Explosive ammo perhaps?) from TR:Lost Revelation. I know Drake uses crossbows but not in PSASBR.

Dual pistols/uzis while jumping and tumbling.

Legendary artifacts like the Mjolnir (Underworld), Excalibur (Legend), Meteor Fragments (TRIII), Eye of Iris(Chronicles), Eckhart's Glove (from Angel of Darkness), and maybe the Dagger of Xian (Form TRII. Not really sure how turning something into a Dragon would help though).

Besides, some weapons are not used by Drake, like the Shotgun present in EVERY TR game.

Message 25 of 36 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Marcelo-LC wrote:

First of all, Uncharted has a lot of differences when compared to Tomb Raider and Lara Croft is even more different when compared to Ntahan Drake. Sure they are similar games and characters in many aspects but not clones - heck, even Evil Cole is not Good Cole clone, why Lara Croft would it?.

Lara could rely on:

Bow & Arrow or even Crossbow (Poison or Explosive ammo perhaps?) from TR:Lost Revelation. I know Drake uses crossbows but not in PSASBR.

Legendary artifacts like the Mjolnir (Underworld), Excalibur (Legend), Meteor Fragments (TRIII), Eye of Iris(Chronicles), Eckhart's Glove (from Angel of Darkness), and maybe the Dagger of Xian (Form TRII. Not really sure how turning something into a Dragon would help though).

Besides, some weapons are not used by Drake, like the Shotgun present in EVERY TR game.

You're right. Cole and Cole shouldn't be compared, so why should these two? And I never remember Drake using a shotgun in any of the games - even if he is holding it on the cover OF THE VERY FIRST ONE..... moron

This new TR game looks like CD took a page or 60 from ND for this reboot. Drake and Lara have similar clothing. They are both wisecracking white people. The both go around foreign locales killing waves of mercenaries/soldiers/etc. Thy both get beat up alot...... They are totally nothing alike

Message 26 of 36 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

@barker09

Oh well excuse me for showing some support for her inclusion, though I find it hilarious that you have a Drake avatar all the same. When a game is to celebrate the Playstation legacy, how can one ignore nostalgia? Besides, as has been pointed out in this thread already, Lara's gameplay potential is much higher than Drake's. That said, they must have struggled with Drake's moveset if they thought falling through the floor reflected his character, perhaps its best they left Lara alone or we would have had her throwing medipacks at her opponents..

I would never even try to make the case that Lara should take precedent over Drake as from a modern perspective he makes much more sense, but to say Lara isn't relevant to All-Stars is just wrong.

Message 27 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Marcelo-LC wrote:

Lara could rely on:

You're right. Cole and Cole shouldn't be compared, so why should these two? And I never remember Drake using a shotgun in any of the games - even if he is holding it on the cover OF THE VERY FIRST ONE..... moron

This new TR game looks like CD took a page or 60 from ND for this reboot. Drake and Lara have similar clothing. They are both wisecracking white people. The both go around foreign locales killing waves of mercenaries/soldiers/etc. Thy both get beat up alot...... They are totally nothing alike

Well, I didn`t make it clear, but i meant Drake did not use a Shotgun in PSASBR. My mistake anyway.

And Christ, so what they are white? So what they fight a bunch of people (lara fights animals and "monsters" more often just syaing)? How those characteristics makes them different to put both on this game? As I said, Good Cole has different gameplay form Evil Cole in PSASBR, why Lara and Drake wouldn't?

I stated they are similar, yet not clones. Drake did not wield a god hammer nor a dark-alchemist glove whatsoever, so they still have differences.  

Message 28 of 36 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

OMG you knew player just dont know nothing about games and want to talk about as you know then.. shut up.... Unsharted is a nice game, fun, but it will never, ever, not in a million years come close to what lara is... he will be forgotten and lara will just be as she was always, even when ppl "forgot" about her, she was not realy forgotten... everyone knew her as the iconic muse of video games, nothing less than a legend in game world... and drake cant come close to that, i'm sorry for the fans, but it is what it is. So shut up noobs that once thought drake could ever be slightest better ¬¬

Message 29 of 36 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Drake would win , hands down.. the guy has won multiple fist fights with MULTIPLE enemys and some hugs brutes.. 

Message 30 of 36 (40 Views)
0 Likes