Message 11 of 36 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Re: Drake VS Lara Croft

Nov 12, 2012
Lol. I like Drake vs Sly.

Drake vs Lara would be like
Kratos vs Nariko... and that's demeaning to Nariko because she isn't just a female kratos. Drake isn't just a male Lara and vice versa.

Lara is WAY different. I can't see her falling through a floor as an attack. Martial Arts, double pistols, gymnastics, bow & arrow; enough said.
Message 12 of 36 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 12, 2012

ElevenCarrot11 wrote:
Lol. I like Drake vs Sly.

Drake vs Lara would be like
Kratos vs Nariko... and that's demeaning to Nariko because she isn't just a female kratos. Drake isn't just a male Lara and vice versa.

Lara is WAY different. I can't see her falling through a floor as an attack. Martial Arts, double pistols, gymnastics, bow & arrow; enough said.

dont forget she also uses mythological artifacts in her arsenal

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 13 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Ive never been a supporter for Lara in this game, way too similar to Drake to be worth an inclusion. Yes she may use different weapons but the essence is the same. Plus if you have seen any of her new trailers all she does is get the **bleep** kicked out of her. To the guy who said she could have a moveset similar to hawkeye or green arrow, do u really see her able to pull off all that crazy **bleep** judging from her new game?? shes now an upper class british chick that got shipwrecked, she has no fighting talent whatsoever anymore, judging from what ive seen anyway I could be wrong.
Message 14 of 36 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I like Sly and Drake as a rivalry, but I think Lara and Drake would have been a dream match-up like Ratchet and Jake. But either way around, I like the rivalry! Smiley Happy

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 15 of 36 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I still wish the Sweet Tooth vs Drake rivalry had happened. But Sly is a good alternative.

Lara, not unlike Crash and Spyro, is almost completely irrelevant in this day and age. The tomb raider reboot looks mediocre to me.

Message 16 of 36 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Relevance 'in this day and age' is a different, entirely subjective debate. Anyone who believes Lara Croft is irrelevant to a game starring Playstation's All-Stars is an idiot, or at the very least have absolutely no knowledge of the Playstation legacy.

Message 17 of 36 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Wow NONE of you are even old enough to know Lara Croft is NOTHING LIKE **bleep** NATHAN DRAKE!

Nathan Drake goes the realistic route and uses military weapons constantly.

Lara is an acrobatic dual pistol wielding machine that is constantly jumping around.

If you say "Their movesets are the same" you bring shame to video games... Lara Croft is NOT THE **bleep** SAME AS NATHAN DRAKE!.

Message 18 of 36 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 12, 2012

jamcakes wrote:

Relevance 'in this day and age' is a different, entirely subjective debate. Anyone who believes Lara Croft is irrelevant to a game starring Playstation's All-Stars is an idiot, or at the very least have absolutely no knowledge of the Playstation legacy.

Says the guy with the Tomb Raider avatar.... 
3rd Party characters are expensive, no doubt. Why would they want to waste money on a character that would play very similar to another? You aren't thinking about the gameplay, only scratching your nostalgia itch. 
Message 19 of 36 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Wow NONE of you are even old enough to know Lara Croft is NOTHING LIKE **bleep** NATHAN DRAKE!

Nathan Drake goes the realistic route and uses military weapons constantly.

Lara is an acrobatic dual pistol wielding machine that is constantly jumping around.

If you say "Their movesets are the same" you bring shame to video games... Lara Croft is NOT THE **bleep** SAME AS NATHAN DRAKE!.

People already complain about all the gun characters with the current roster. Look at the 3rd party characters Superbot has chosen. Every single one of them brings something interesting to the table. 
Lara would be expensive. Doing cartwheels and firing pistols does not make an interesting moveset. I like Lara, but she should wait for a sequel before she gets in the ring.
Message 20 of 36 (88 Views)
0 Likes