Nov 12 2012
By: Nick930930 Hekseville Citizen 375 posts

Drake VS Lara Croft

35 replies 449 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Wouldn't that be a character rivalry than Drake and Sly? Obviously Lara Croft didn't make the cut for whatever reason, but hypothetically would you rather Drake and Lara be rivals than Drake and Sly?

I feel like they just paired the two together because they were left over lol

Message 1 of 36 (449 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: Drake VS Lara Croft

Nov 12, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

Wouldn't that be a character rivalry than Drake and Sly? Obviously Lara Croft didn't make the cut for whatever reason, but hypothetically would you rather Drake and Lara be rivals than Drake and Sly?

Nah, it wouldn't. The character you wanted didn't make cut, just like many others, it doesn't need a reason. Which rival I would pick? Drake & Sly of course.

You feel like they were paired because they were left overs? No, that goes to Evil Cole & Fat Princess because no one knows why they're rivals till November 20 & the reason for being rivals.

As why they were paired, they're thieves. You know.... Treasure? The rival of them was discussed as them being rivals because they're thieves. That's why they got paired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 2 of 36 (437 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Nov 12, 2012
^what he said.
Message 3 of 36 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Lara is old hat. She was popular back then and her moveset would be really close to Drake's. She will hopefully gain popularity from the new Tomb Raider, but Uncharted is the flagship PS franchise at the moment.

Would they be a good rivalry? Yeah, but onl because they are so similar. That would make a pretty bad fighting game

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 36 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 12, 2012

maybe if they focused on the new lara and made her a long range character centered around bow and arrow moves (like hawkeye or green arrow), that could make her really fun

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 36 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Nov 12, 2012

i hope one day to have a downloadable costume for drake that is lara. would be a bit weird, but at least we'd have her as a character

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 6 of 36 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 12, 2012

you may say they are similar but Lara Croft actually knows martial arts and is more agile than drake. she has a wider variety of weapons that are her own and things like barrels or stone pillars.. etc. i would like both but square bought out eidos a long time ago so its a bit dfferent now. and especially since **bleep** square is releasing the tomb raider game on all systems when she should only be on playstation where her home is.

#ClownTroops
Message 7 of 36 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Tomb Raider Legends, Anniversery, Underworld, and Angel of Darkness, as well as the 2013 reboot were all multiconsole. She has as much chance at getting in as Raziel does; except less of such because we seriously don't need another treasure hunter.

Message 8 of 36 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

Nick930930 wrote:

Nah, it wouldn't. The character you wanted didn't make cut, just like many others, it doesn't need a reason. Which rival I would pick? Drake & Sly of course.

You feel like they were paired because they were left overs? No, that goes to Evil Cole & Fat Princess because no one knows why they're rivals till November 20 & the reason for being rivals.

As why they were paired, they're thieves. You know.... Treasure? The rival of them was discussed as them being rivals because they're thieves. That's why they got paired.

Now give us an in-depth reason behind every other rivaly, Mr. Knowitall

Message 9 of 36 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 12, 2012
The Drake and Sly rivalry makes sense given the roster that they were managing. That said, Lara would have made a superior rival. From the moment Uncharted was released Drake has been consistently compared to Lara, they are both treasure hunters with a competitive interest in archaeology. Given that Lara never made the roster though, Sly was a solid choice.
Message 10 of 36 (326 Views)
0 Likes