Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2013
By: Ryuhza Hekseville Citizen 248 posts

Double-Dipping Franchise Ideas

[ Edited ]
29 replies 680 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

Post here a character you'd want to see from a franchise that's already been represented, and please give a few reasons why. It might not be as likely as Zeus (What with Sony Santa Monica handling the game) but there's no denying he's opened that door.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I set my eyes on Tekken for my personal choice. Lots of people might cry for Jin or Kazuya or Devil Jin or someone like that, but anyone who has played the Tekken games knows that the Mishimas all fight very much alike (yes, I know Jin has a different Karate style, but it's not very fitting of a game like All-Stars, and I can't see what they could do to separate it  greatly from Heihachi's hand-to-hand)

So, who do I want to see?

Yoshimitsu

YOSHIMITSU!

Many of you who have not kept up with the series may remember him as the guy with the laser sword/lightsaber in Tekken 3. Since then, his style has only continued to evolve. He has many different stances, dual wields two swords of two sizes, he flips, he kicks, he chops and stabs. He slaps, he raps (maybe not), he cartwheels, meditates, teleports and flies!

Not only has Yoshimitsu been in every Tekken title, he's easily one of the most iconic characters to the franchise. His eccentric fighting style would not go amiss in All-Stars, and he could bring a lot of interesting technicality to the table as a fighter.

The biggest reason I bring this up, is because he used to have an icon under Heihachi's section, but that was later removed.  It's silly, but it made me think "Oh! What if they were planning on making him into a character?"

He'd also have a myriad of costumes to choose from.
My guesses/wishes would be,

1: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (above) 1p (2p is basically nonexistent), simply for the sake of modernity.

2: (interchangeable spot with 3) Tekken 6 1p, my favorite outfit of his,  it would represent his most recent mainline appearance, and it's wicked. Detail would have to be mugged down for All-Stars

3: (interchangeable spot with 2) Tekken 3 1p, most people know him by this outfit

4 could be anything. I'd suggest something from Tekken 4 or 5 though.

What do you guys think, and who would you want to see?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Re: Double-Dipping Franchise Ideas

Mar 21, 2013
I would love to see Raven from Gravity Rush make it to the roster :smileyhappy: I have a feeling her play style could be very different to Kat's, despite them being similar. Hopefully in the sequel
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Mar 21, 2013
It should go without saying, but Solid Snake (not Big Boss!). Or to be more specific, MGS4's "Old Snake." He has a long, storied, and continuous history with PlayStation, more than most of the characters in this game. Everything about him and the MGS series is iconic and legendary. I do not care that he was in Smash Bros. (AS A GUEST CHARACTER) as everyone loves to point out. He undoubtedly belongs in PlayStation's camp; therefore, he belongs in this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (645 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Mar 21, 2013
They should double dip God of War. They got zeus, they should be able to get kratos.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (639 Views)
Sackboy
497 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Just some ideas

Vergil (DmC)

Mr. Grimm (Twisted Metal)

Azimuth (Ratchet & Clank)

Nix / Kuo (inFamous 2)

Raven (Gravity Rush)

Big Sister / Booker DeWitt (Bioshock 2 / Bioshock Infinite)

Jin / Yoshimitsu (Tekken)

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Yoshi was already in Street Fighter X Tekken, and he ended up being the lowest-tier fighter across both sides, precisely because his crazy style works best in a 3D environment. He would be utterly torn apart in this sort of game.

Heihachi is one of the more agressive/brutal fighters in Tekken, and even he has trouble competing. If we double-dip from Namco-Bandai (I say "Namco-Bandai" because thinking in publishing terms makes the most sense when talking about 3rd-party characters) then we'd get more gameplay value out of a Katamari character, like the King or his son.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Mar 21, 2013
DmC: Mundus' concubine lover
Uncharted: The AK-47
Bioshock: Sophia Lamb
Metal Gear Rising: Boris
Fat Princess: The other fat princess in the game
God of War: Kratos' brother, mother, daughter, wife, or pet dog.
Just spitballin ideas here guys...

See more on Know Your Meme
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (590 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

Yoshi was already in Street Fighter X Tekken, and he ended up being the lowest-tier fighter across both sides, precisely because his crazy style works best in a 3D environment. He would be utterly torn apart in this sort of game.

You must consider that Street Fighter X Tekken and Playstation All-Stars are very different games, leagues apart, even. Yoshimitsu's crazy style doesn't inherently have to be bad in a 2 dimensional environment. It depends on who designs him, and clearly the designers of SF X Tekken didn't do a great job of balancing it.

Heihachi in All-Stars--though he has many moves from his home series--fights nothing like he would in Tekken. The arena-based 4X4 battles make sure of that.

Also, having not played SF X Tekken, did they base Yoshimitsu's fighting style on Tekken 5 and before (Ie, one sword) or his current style (two swords)? I find his current style to be much more aggresive than he had been in times past.

I'd also love to see a Katamari Character as well though. And maybe a Soul Calibur character (yes, I realize there is a Yoshimitsu is in Soul Calibur too, but he was born in Tekken, and I think that version is superior), like Nightmare.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Oh god OP, is that seriously Yoshimitsu?? What the hell happened to him? Last time I saw him he looked like this Yoshimitsu Tekken 3

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! :smileyhappy:

HTML tutorial

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (540 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Naked Snake/Big Boss from Metal Gear. I like the character and think he could have a good arsenal.

NS.png

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (487 Views)
0 Likes