Wastelander
764 posts

Re: Don't wanna be A downer but...

Nov 1, 2012
My problem with reviews, is that what the reviewer says changes your opinion. They always say, "It's just his opinion, it doesnt affect you.", but it plants a seed in your head. I could play PSASBR and LOVE it, but if a Critic says it has bad gameplay, than suddenly I like it less, even though its the same game. Anyone know what I mean?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 11 of 28 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 1, 2012
@Sniperwolf, get over yourself.

@Angel, I understand what you mean because I used to be that way. But I don't really read reviews or previews anymore and even if I do, I don't care what anyone else thinks about the game I like. I take note of the flaws they mention and I'm honest with myself about them, but it usually doesn't affect my enjoyment at all. To be more honest, I actually go against the reviews more often than not because it seems like many reviewers just want a reason to whine about most things.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 12 of 28 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 1, 2012

heres the thing dont listen to game reviewers at all, they no longer know what they are talking abut, or they are very biased, and its been proven that most are paid off to give a good score, like when resident evil got a 4, it wasnt a resident evil game, but it wasnt that bad either, it deserved a 7 at best, reviewers give call of duty a 9 every year ven though it does nothing different, yet have another game do the same thing and its a problem, reviewers are praising DmC and calling it innovative, some reviewers said prototype 2 had a better story and protagonist, and it clearly didnt, some reviewers are blatant fanboys,  a reviewer will give a biased 5/5 or 10/10 review to a crap game (original assassins creed) and years later try to say oh it wasnt that good i didnt like it that much, oh but this new one is great and is exactly what the original was meant to be, or vice versa.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 13 of 28 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Nov 1, 2012
@ScreamKing09 i agree but i never really cared for prototype. the game literally makes my head hurt like i feel sick, it was the same for some other games like zelda, sonic adv 1 and riddick. those are all games i like but can't play because i get motion sickness from playing for some reason lol. i bought prototype 1 and i bought prototype 2 mainly because the main character was african american (i'm african american and japanese btw) and we don't see that many games featuring them imo (either way i couldn't play because i would feel sick lol and he cussed entirely too much). critics are tough these days, atleast on non cod games.
RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 14 of 28 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 1, 2012
It works vice versa...I bought dishonored because ign gave 9.3/10 or something like that and I thought "hey this must be good", only to have myself not really enjoy it and finish it for the sake Of finishing it. In the end it comes down to personal preference.
Message 15 of 28 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Nov 1, 2012

You can't stop the critics... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

Every Video game franchise.... I wish they just go away!!! <\\\\\\\\\\<

I'm sure someday it'll happen...

Heart SEXXXXXXXY RAYMAN GIRL FOREVER Heart

RAYMAN'S GIRL/LOVER/WIFE/STALKER/ADMIRER 3333333333
My Account on Anivide!!!
http://www.anivide.com/user/Sexygamergirl

A GAMER.
A COSPLAYER
A FUN AND FRIENDLY ALSO HYPER GIRL.
REMEMBER THIS FOREVER.........
I AM A FOREVER RAYMAN FANGIRL AND GAMER.
A JIM CARRY FAN
I LOVE & SUPPORT THE FRENCH AND UK ACCENTS AND COUNTRY.

Message 16 of 28 (100 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2012

@void-0: i've done that with a game before, it was street fighter x tekken. i was disappointed but i still like it, i guess it's because i like street fighter and tekken. why the heck wasn't they're any 1v1 modes (without the tag team).

Message 17 of 28 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Nov 1, 2012
remember when no one really cared about the critics, they just bought a game and made themselves like it no matter. i guess that was before everyone had internet lol.
Message 18 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Nov 1, 2012

Here's an idea.

Ignore the critics, be your own.

Message 19 of 28 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Nov 1, 2012
@BEYOND-14 lol never said i wouldn't ignore them i just don't want my favorite game bashed by biased opinions, it can't be helped though. read the full post by the way because i stated this already.
Message 20 of 28 (84 Views)
0 Likes