Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Re: Does this game support Smash players?

Nov 19, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

This game in no way was meant to appeal to Smash Players (alone).

If it's to much like Smash, you all will complain. Which is it? What do you want?

hes not saying that, he says it does play differently, hes asking if any characters have the same type of playstyle like they would in smash. :smileyhappy:

Of course not, but he was asking if it would be similar. Sure the idea is similar, but it's a very different play style. That's all I meant.

yeah:smileytongue: sorry if i sound like a **bleep** xD but i think he gets that:smileytongue: hes just asking like, does dante play like bowser (obviously not but just an example) ive noticed big daddy plays like bowser.

Well in that case! To awnser your question, OP. I don't think so to be honest. I'm a die hard Smash fan as well. But I haven't noticed anything too similar between playable characters from both games. Maybe Sir Daniels basic sword swing like Link's. But that's about it. :smileylol:

Message 11 of 25 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

Besides the party fighting genre, and the cross over theme, there is a LOT different about these games. 

Numer 1 being gameplay:

In smash there are special attacks and standard attacks (B and A respectfully).

In all stars, there is no standard, just Square, Triangle and Circle. 

In smash you have smash attacks, Direction tilts, direction dashes, special attacks as well as a big difference in the way that items are used (throwing, item uses, etc.)

In all stars there is no standard for attacks, just what the designers came up with that fit into Direction+Button.

Smash has percentages.

All Star has Supers.

Game modes are fairly similar (FFA, Team, Stock, Time, etc.)

Smash has garbage online.

All Stars has fantastic (looking) online

Overall, they are both great games, just different and good in their own respects.

I come from playing smash, yet love this game, and so far so do all of my other friends that like smash. I also come from a decent amount of Street fighter, but i'm still very excited. I'm sure it'll have a very VERY broad appeal.

to be fair I am waiting to see how the online fairs in the next smash since it worked very well in kid icarus and mario kart 7, amazing what a switch to braodband can do am I rite?

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 12 of 25 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

Besides the party fighting genre, and the cross over theme, there is a LOT different about these games. 

Numer 1 being gameplay:

In smash you have smash attacks, Direction tilts, direction dashes, special attacks as well as a big difference in the way that items are used (throwing, item uses, etc.)

In all stars there is no standard for attacks, just what the designers came up with that fit into Direction+Button.

Smash has percentages.

All Star has Supers.

Overall, they are both great games, just different and good in their own respects.

I come from playing smash, yet love this game, and so far so do all of my other friends that like smash. I also come from a decent amount of Street fighter, but i'm still very excited. I'm sure it'll have a very VERY broad appeal.

i agree :smileytongue: although in general, in all stars its:
square = light
triangle = heavy
circle = special

its really nothing to that, as many characters have similar movies for triangle and circle, while others have powerful attacks for square :smileytongue:

Message 13 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Nov 19, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Numer 1 being gameplay:

Smash has percentages.

All Star has Supers.

to be fair I am waiting to see how the online fairs in the next smash since it worked very well in kid icarus and mario kart 7, amazing what a switch to braodband can do am I rite?

For everything I've seen about the WiiU's online, I'm sure it'll be good in the next game. But it's hard to say at this point as they are still really early in development, and haven't said much about it.

Although, it is BanNam working on it, and they have VERY compitent online with tekken and Soul, so again, I'm sure it'll be good.

Message 14 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 19, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

If it's to much like Smash, you all will complain. Which is it? What do you want?

hes not saying that, he says it does play differently, hes asking if any characters have the same type of playstyle like they would in smash. :smileyhappy:

Of course not, but he was asking if it would be similar. Sure the idea is similar, but it's a very different play style. That's all I meant.

yeah:smileytongue: sorry if i sound like a **bleep** xD but i think he gets that:smileytongue: hes just asking like, does dante play like bowser (obviously not but just an example) ive noticed big daddy plays like bowser.

Well in that case! To awnser your question, OP. I don't think so to be honest. I'm a die hard Smash fan as well. But I haven't noticed anything too similar between playable characters from both games. Maybe Sir Daniels basic sword swing like Link's. But that's about it. :smileylol:

haha kk :smileytongue: yeah ive noticed a few individual moves, but no other characters as a whole jump out at me :smileytongue:

i actually think asides from supers, this game will be easier to get "good" at

Message 15 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

Numer 1 being gameplay:

Smash has percentages.

All Star has Supers.

For everything I've seen about the WiiU's online, I'm sure it'll be good in the next game. But it's hard to say at this point as they are still really early in development, and haven't said much about it.

Although, it is BanNam working on it, and they have VERY compitent online with tekken and Soul, so again, I'm sure it'll be good.

that will draw in so many more fans it wil be nuts

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 16 of 25 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 19, 2012

adding ppl looks like a pain tho you and the person have to send each other friend requests for it to work

Message 17 of 25 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Jaychance wrote:

adding ppl looks like a pain tho you and the person have to send each other friend requests for it to work

actually they have it so that you can randoms at least on the 3DS, but no voice cht to keep the small children from hearing bad influences

hopefully the infamous friend codes are gone

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 18 of 25 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 19, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

really? in what sense? ive noticed his down somthing does a ground pound similar to DK

that is where hes similar to DK, but just the way he moves and all feels like bowser to me :smileyhappy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 19 of 25 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

The game is in the brawler genre. It will be similar. Its like BF3 and Call of Duty. Players can go back and forth but each one has some quirks that take time to master. I haven't played CoD in a long time so going back to it is somewhat hard. It will be the same with All Stars and Smash. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 20 of 25 (68 Views)