Nov 19 2012
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

Does this game support Smash players?

24 replies 258 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

From what i can see, it does. The physics are almost identical, any smash player can move their character around with ease.
The controlls are also similar, although the grabbing and item system is very different, which can frustrate smash players

Character wise, Sir daniel seems a little similar to Link, with a big reach and powerful sword strokes, and the use of the boomerage/axe, and other projectiles. Athough they are very different, i think superbot may have designed sir daniel to compliment link players.

Those who play keep away in FFA or rely on stealing kills in smash, will struggle to adapt to this game, so it does not help them out in that sence.

Are there any more character similarities? (they can be quite different, just the overall theme and playstyle)

this is mostly from my experience as a casual smash player Smiley Happy
thoughts?

Message 1 of 25 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: Does this game support Smash players?

Nov 19, 2012

This game in no way was meant to appeal to Smash Players (alone).

If it's to much like Smash, you all will complain. Which is it? What do you want?

Message 2 of 25 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 19, 2012
i was wondering what your title meant...
Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 25 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Nov 19, 2012
yeah, sure, If you want to
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 4 of 25 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 19, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

If it's to much like Smash, you all will complain. Which is it? What do you want?

hes not saying that, he says it does play differently, hes asking if any characters have the same type of playstyle like they would in smash. Smiley Happy

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 5 of 25 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 19, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

hes not saying that, he says it does play differently, hes asking if any characters have the same type of playstyle like they would in smash. Smiley Happy

Of course not, but he was asking if it would be similar. Sure the idea is similar, but it's a very different play style. That's all I meant.

Message 6 of 25 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 19, 2012

well yeah, ive played the beta, and i know its very different

i have friends who love smash, but they love ANY game thats fun
they actually WANTED a smash clone with playstation characters, because they just wantd it to be super fun Smiley Tongue

but i havnt looked into movesets that much to know if there are any other similar ones, its hard as in brawl they have like 3 projectiles at most, while in this most have at least 4

Message 7 of 25 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 19, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Of course not, but he was asking if it would be similar. Sure the idea is similar, but it's a very different play style. That's all I meant.

yeahSmiley Tongue sorry if i sound like a **bleep** xD but i think he gets thatSmiley Tongue hes just asking like, does dante play like bowser (obviously not but just an example) ive noticed big daddy plays like bowser.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 8 of 25 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 19, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

yeahSmiley Tongue sorry if i sound like a **bleep** xD but i think he gets thatSmiley Tongue hes just asking like, does dante play like bowser (obviously not but just an example) ive noticed big daddy plays like bowser.

really? in what sense? ive noticed his down somthing does a ground pound similar to DK

Message 9 of 25 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Besides the party fighting genre, and the cross over theme, there is a LOT different about these games. 

Numer 1 being gameplay:

In smash there are special attacks and standard attacks (B and A respectfully).

In all stars, there is no standard, just Square, Triangle and Circle. 

In smash you have smash attacks, Direction tilts, direction dashes, special attacks as well as a big difference in the way that items are used (throwing, item uses, etc.)

In all stars there is no standard for attacks, just what the designers came up with that fit into Direction+Button.

Smash has percentages.

All Star has Supers.

Game modes are fairly similar (FFA, Team, Stock, Time, etc.)

Smash has garbage online.

All Stars has fantastic (looking) online

Overall, they are both great games, just different and good in their own respects.

I come from playing smash, yet love this game, and so far so do all of my other friends that like smash. I also come from a decent amount of Street fighter, but i'm still very excited. I'm sure it'll have a very VERY broad appeal.

Message 10 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes