Oct 06 2012
By: ps_plyr Lombax Warrior 101 posts

Does the absence of one or a few characters automatically make this a game not for fans?

16 replies 286 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

I ask because seeing some previous posts in some other threads :

"This game was never for the fans you mugs. All games are released for major profits."

"Superbot misleaded us now saying **bleep** things like "this game is for the fans"

etc

that doesn't really make any sense imo seeing as how almost all of the roster consists of characters like kratos, drake, jak, rachet etc

who are exclusive to playstation and are ( or at least i thought so up until recently ) well liked by playstation fans in general

so to me the rationale behind  posts like the ones above imo isn't really logical...

superbot was never going to be able to include all of the characters that every fan wanted from the get go...

what they've done is to include the most popular first party characters across playstation history into the game and beyond that in terms of third parties...

i would agree that big daddy doesn't really make much sense

however, heihachi definitely does as a tekken rep

and as for dante and raiden if because of 3rd parties they couldn't get og dante and snake imo at least having reps from the franchises is better than having none

finally in terms of crash, spyro etc its been explained a million times and reiterated by omar just yesterday that superbot relys on third party agreements for those characters

Message 1 of 17 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: Does the absence of one or a few characters automatically make this a game not for fans?

Oct 6, 2012
Noticed I was quoted here, so I'll explain my point. I wasn't talking about the roster specifically, when the game was first thought of which was around 2010 if what SB say is true. They had obviously hoped that the game would be a big seller because it's a party game with mascots. I have no real quarrels with the roster, except the exclusion of a certain Bandicoot, I am looking at this realistically and seeing that every company makes money off of games and the fans are just numbers. It could be the greatest game ever made but if it doesn't sell devs arn't going to go back to it unless they see some real untapped potential.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 2 of 17 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Re: Does the absence of one or a few characters automatically make this a game not for fans?

Oct 6, 2012

I just find this game doesnt fully live up to its name unlike supersmash bros. I know its just the first game but, its playstation ALL-STARS

This game is missing some of those characters (crash, spyro, snake, cloud.)

Message 3 of 17 (243 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 6, 2012

It's just a sad excuse to defend the game.

Also, one or a few? Lol I'm counting at least 7 names that should ABSOLUTELY be in this game and there are some Playstation's IPs I didnt even play...

Message 4 of 17 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 6, 2012
yup! agreed. there are so many great characters in this game!!!!

Message 5 of 17 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Oct 6, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Also, one or a few? Lol I'm counting at least 7 names that should ABSOLUTELY be in this game and there are some Playstation's IPs I didnt even play...

Agreed.

Message 6 of 17 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

no i'm just pointing out why imo posts like those don't make sense for me when i see a game with drake, kratos, jak, rachet etc in it 

but regardless

"'m counting at least 7 names that should ABSOLUTELY be in this game"

which names exactly?

if ( and i'm pretty sure i'm correct ) its third parties that sony does not own again it needs to be said that if the third parties involved are not cooperative then what would you suggest superbot/sony do?

...saying that some of the characters you request are from games you've never played doesn't really do much good to your point btw

Message 7 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 6, 2012
It certainly doesn't help..

Message 8 of 17 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 6, 2012

ps_plyr wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

no i'm just pointing out why imo posts like those don't make sense for me when i see a game with drake, kratos, jak, rachet etc in it 

but regardless

"'m counting at least 7 names that should ABSOLUTELY be in this game"

which names exactly?

if ( and i'm pretty sure i'm correct ) its third parties that sony does not own again it needs to be said that if the third parties involved are not cooperative then what would you suggest superbot/sony do?

...saying that some of the characters you request are from games you've never played doesn't really do much good to your point btw

No I meant that I didn't play all Sony's IPs, so maybe there are more than the seven characters I'm thinking (the usual, Crash, Spyro, ecc ecc). Anyway, we can't know why, and that's fortunate for Superbot. But I have my doubts.

Message 9 of 17 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Fehios wrote:

I just find this game doesnt fully live up to its name unlike supersmash bros. I know its just the first game but, its playstation ALL-STARS

This game is missing some of those characters (crash, spyro, snake, cloud.)

so what would you suggest be done if third parties who own those characters are uncooperative?

Message 10 of 17 (194 Views)
0 Likes