Sackboy
481 posts

Re: Does anyone else feel like the hype's gone.

Sep 28, 2012
you guys are all so impatient. If you truly wanted this game, you wouldn't be saying its dead or saying superbot is failing. You would still be excited for it like a minority of us here are. it has only been since pax when we had character reveals, I feel like you all were just riding the hype train for fun, not because you think this game will be great. Also, im happy with the tgs lvl reveals because ive been waiting to see them. Im happy with seth killians interview on the blogcast and his cooperations with ign. not to mention the mash up video that just came out.

I will agree that in this time of less info my hype has shifted slightly towards games coming out in october....but thats good! if allstars is a game celebrating playstation history, it means they want you to be excited for awesome games coming out this year on the PS3! And this game shouldnt be the only thing you are excited for, there are lots of great games on the horizon Smiley Happy
Fission Mailed
Message 71 of 78 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I think suspense is good. (no reveals, etc)

But I think the hype is fading because of the delay.

Many people are thinking "meh, still a while until the release."

If it wasnt delayed the hype would be very big since we are practically in October.

Message 72 of 78 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 28, 2012
You can blame the beta leak for that one. There has been absolutely no hype since a week after that, because we know the majority of what we're gonna get.

Not to mention Sony's not getting an ad campaign rolling yet.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 73 of 78 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I'd rather have an amazing game with a a specially picked dev team then the best ads ever seen
Fission Mailed
Message 74 of 78 (93 Views)
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Yeah after TGS my hype for this game is almost dead. Even the beta for this game can't get me hyped anymore since I played it already a lot. I don't know why but unless they show more characters, stages, or modes. I'm not gonna have any kinds of hype for it anymore. I'm definitely still buying the game but I'm just not hyped for it like I am other November releases like Persona 4 The Golden, CODBO2, or Hitman Absolution.

Most people that say the game is 2 months away their shouldn't be any hype is wrong. CODBO2 is 2 months away also but I'm hyped as hell. Hitman Absolution and Persona 4 the golden also. I can't even tell you how many videos each of these games have up that keeps you hyped until release. This game is just one big mystery and I HATE that about a game I'm interested in. I know EVERYTHING to expect from those 3 games I mentioned but almost 30% of the info about this game. Hell I only know 2 modes on this game which is ridiculous -_-.

Message 75 of 78 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 28, 2012

guitarprodigy93 wrote:
you guys are all so impatient. If you truly wanted this game, you wouldn't be saying its dead or saying superbot is failing. You would still be excited for it like a minority of us here are. it has only been since pax when we had character reveals, I feel like you all were just riding the hype train for fun, not because you think this game will be great. Also, im happy with the tgs lvl reveals because ive been waiting to see them. Im happy with seth killians interview on the blogcast and his cooperations with ign. not to mention the mash up video that just came out.

I will agree that in this time of less info my hype has shifted slightly towards games coming out in october....but thats good! if allstars is a game celebrating playstation history, it means they want you to be excited for awesome games coming out this year on the PS3! And this game shouldnt be the only thing you are excited for, there are lots of great games on the horizon Smiley Happy

that's the problem, it's not. No spyro, crash, cloud, or sora. Dont tell me nariko is a playstation allstar character, and not in there for advertising. It's not a coincidence that heavenly sword 2 was announced the day before her announcement in this game

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 76 of 78 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I am till very excited for this game, anyone who cancels they're prorder is being silly. imo if they cancel preorders they were never true fans of this game and never had any appreciation for superbot attempting to give us our own brawler. Playstation Allstars Battle Royale!!!! All Day!!!!!
RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 77 of 78 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

guitarprodigy93 wrote:

that's the problem, it's not. No spyro, crash, cloud, or sora. Dont tell me nariko is a playstation allstar character, and not in there for advertising. It's not a coincidence that heavenly sword 2 was announced the day before her announcement in this game

Except Heavenly Sword 2 was cancelled in April 2012.  Maybe she was in for advertisement when the game was in development a year or two ago, but concept art from a cancelled game doesn't mean it was announced, because it was never announced.  They announced that it was cancelled at some point in time before April 2012, but that was months before she was announced for this game.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 78 of 78 (24 Views)
0 Likes