Reply
Dec 05 2012
By: JesseCasco Hekseville Citizen 325 posts
Offline

Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

12 replies 306 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

Just curious.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4080 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:

Just curious.


Rachet

good cole

evil cole(maybe)

parrapa

dante

nariko

radec

toro

 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
9466 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012
honestly a lot of people crying for buffs just don't know how to use their character properly. I run into a ton of good "insert name" users when people whine about how bad they are (such as sir dan)

I think we should take care of Kratos, and raiden first then (or any other OP characters) then tackle UP character.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/02/2012
Offline
293 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012
I think all the mid tier fighters are fine. only top guys like kratos and raiden could use small (real small) nerfs and bottom fighters like jak and sir Dan can use buffs
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (284 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4080 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
honestly a lot of people crying for buffs just don't know how to use their character properly. I run into a ton of good "insert name" users when people whine about how bad they are (such as sir dan)

I think we should take care of Kratos, and raiden first then (or any other OP characters) then tackle UP character.

It doesnt matter how good someone is with a character.

 

the fact that someone has to play hours with a character  just to be competitivein a casual match shows how underpowered a character is.

 

jak is one of these characters.

 

sir dan is a great character, but his level 2 and 3(supers that we have littel control over) are very easy to avoid and can totally use a buff.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/09/2012
Offline
217 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012
well good Cole don't need buff's but fixes are needed.I find if you freeze someone while they are attacking the attack will still register and you will get knocked back,down,etc.It gets annoying and its also a issue if you freeze someone and try your level 1 super if they are not completely on the ground sometimes they can air dodge outta your super.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (276 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
4080 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

ElmoDaJuiceman wrote:
well good Cole don't need buff's but fixes are needed.I find if you freeze someone while they are attacking the attack will still register and you will get knocked back,down,etc.It gets annoying and its also a issue if you freeze someone and try your level 1 super if they are not completely on the ground sometimes they can air dodge outta your super.

your first issue is caused by lag. Your second issue i think is more because of your timing with landing the freeze and doing your level 1

 

as a cole main, i think he needs "features" instead of buffs and nerfs

 

his alpha blast for example could use a deflect effect for blowing cakes and various other projectiles back at whoever shot them.

 

his ice sheild could also last a bit longer.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/30/2009
Offline
258 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012
My thoughts on it? I say : everyone **bleep** and play the game :3
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
9466 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012

khknight wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
honestly a lot of people crying for buffs just don't know how to use their character properly. I run into a ton of good "insert name" users when people whine about how bad they are (such as sir dan)

I think we should take care of Kratos, and raiden first then (or any other OP characters) then tackle UP character.

It doesnt matter how good someone is with a character.

 

the fact that someone has to play hours with a character  just to be competitivein a casual match shows how underpowered a character is.

 

jak is one of these characters.

 

sir dan is a great character, but his level 2 and 3(supers that we have littel control over) are very easy to avoid and can totally use a buff.


I never said there weren't UP characters, not even once.

 

But I felt the same way about E. Cole...I mean he still doesn't have the most advantages in the world, but I'm a lot better with him now that I know how to use him.  A lot of people just pick a character, go into a match against some good players or players who have more experience with another character get their **bleep** kicked and say "well, this character sucks because they knew what they were doing"

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/10/2009
Offline
2531 posts
 

Re: Does anybody think that there isn't a fighter that needs buffs or nerfs?

Dec 5, 2012

khknight wrote:

It doesnt matter how good someone is with a character.

 

the fact that someone has to play hours with a character  just to be competitivein a casual match shows how underpowered a character is.

 

jak is one of these characters.

 

sir dan is a great character, but his level 2 and 3(supers that we have littel control over) are very easy to avoid and can totally use a buff.


I usually hold off calling characters in fighting games underpowered because sometimes, the developer wants you to have to play hours with a character in order to be very competitive with them. Requiring you to develop high skill with a character puts a challenge into the game. As long as there are characters that are easier to play, anyone can have fun according to how much effort they want to put into their characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes