Dec 07 2012
By: BelowZer0__ Gaming Beast 2220 posts

Does Spike Need a Buff?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 266 views Edited Dec 7, 2012

I think they should make his level one so that you can shoot it lIke a gun or swing the net. It says he can do this in his moveset on the allstars page. And I think you shouldnt have to charge up the hulla hoop and make it reflect projectiles. Anyone else agree?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Message 1 of 11 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: Does Spike Need a Buff?

Dec 7, 2012
I love the idea of being able to shoot the net, like the water net in the original Ape Escape, that would be awesome. I also think the Hula Hoop could have been more useful than it is.

I don't think he needs a buff though. I think hes quite a balanced character, and his Level 1 is great with practice.
Message 2 of 11 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 7, 2012
His level 1 could use a buff. I don't know about the hulahoop reflecting projectiles though. Spike is actually pretty decent in 1v1
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 3 of 11 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2220 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Bump

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Message 4 of 11 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I just did a 1v1 against kratos with spike.

Either spike is way too slow or kratos is way to fast. It was impossible to even touch him.

even if i block first then hit, kratos would still hit me first.

i think kratos needs a more recovery time for his attacks.

**bleep** his forward square, all of his attacks are spam able.

Message 5 of 11 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 7, 2012
I've been saying this about Kratos for ages now. He does NOT need an AP loss but his attacks yak priority over everybody elses attacks except perhaps radian and Dante. It's ridiculous.
------
Message 6 of 11 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Yak=take. **bleep** autocorrect on phone.
------
Message 7 of 11 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 7, 2012

My issues with spike:

His Lvl 1 is easily interrupted and has poor range/aoe. And like Jak & Daxter's you can't really "combo" into it - unless you count a useless attack (charged side circle) which is harder to land than the super itself or the so slow you are dead before it's out rc-device on neutral triangle.

His lvl 2 is only slightly better than the Sly lvl 1, but probably his best one.

His lvl 3 is really good if your opponents are somehow really bad at dodging or blocking attacks but really good at evading supers.

His neutral circle attack knocks away opponents just enough for them to still hit you while you stop hitting them, and then proceeds to charge very predictably straight ahead, not even letting you change direction. (Making neutral circle something of a suicide button against skilled players.) The allready mentioned side+circle and triangle are also great for killing yourself.

His up+triangle, without charging it hits an incoming opponent like a fly on a windshield. Charging it turns said fly into a brick, but the diminutive projectile and long charging time makes actually hitting require impressive precognitive skills or permanently stationary opponents.

His teleport is quite easily interrupted, but he still has a teleport, and that's cool.

Your opponent needs to be in the exact right spot for his aerial side+sqare to hit, it is quite easily evaded when you don't charge it, as it still has a small buildup before the attack - charging is really good for making dents in the ground where your opponent used to be.

In FFA people tend to overlook him, at least when I play him in regular ranked games, which can get you some easy wins.

In 2v2 I find him to be rather bad, I have not tried him in stock games or 1v1.

Message 8 of 11 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Spike is actually fantastic in my opinion. Play him like you play sweet tooth only instead of mines and shotgun, abuses teleport and swords.

His level 1 hits people in the air, on an above platform, and in front. Not many people know this. Abuse it. Jump into the air and charge his great ape. It generates 10-15 AP per person it hits and is really good crowd control. In most matches people tend to ignore spike so use that to your advantage. His teleports may be slow in air but when baiting and predicting attacks, you can time it for a perfect level 1 or 2. His sling shot is a little useless but that RC when activated directly in front of you serves as a temporary wall. The other two monkeys are good too.His punch isn't that good, but that boomerang mixed with teleports is merciless as it will always try to return to you. Forward square sucks on the ground, but has a little armor on it. Forward square in the air, down square on land, and up square for a finish is a favorite combo in FFA for me because it's quick and hits a lot of people.

He has the tools. But they're situational. The great thing about this game is that the situations are usually abundant. He's a tactics and strategy character like sweet tooth. The only thing I would change is making his swords cancellable into teleports but that would be far too OP

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 9 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Aye, he's enjoyable to play, and is probably closest to Heihachi and Sweet Tooth in playstyle. His charged attacks breaks guard, which means he must be countered a bit differently on occasions.

The RC-laser-wall is great against the CPU AI - because it doesn't recognize it as a threat at all. But against human opponents it's suicide, and if you actually have time to move that thing into any other position than right in front of you, your opponent is no match for you anyway.

Message 10 of 11 (157 Views)
0 Likes