Feb 25 2013
By: Tekn0tize Gaming Beast 2105 posts

Does PS4 announcement affect SSM and this game?

5 replies 389 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Now that PS4 is announced, does this mean Santa Monica would spend more time on PS4 titles and this game would be completely dropped?

Like NO more patches, bug fixes let alone DLC at all...

I have this bad feeling that everyone and everything will be transitioning to the PS4 very very soon...

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 1 of 6 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Does PS4 announcement affect SSM and this game?

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

actually, i think Sony focusing on the PS4 was why PSASBR seemed like it got no love during the development process....

Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 6 (385 Views)
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 25, 2013
All we can do is hope they make a sequel for the ps4. I know for a fact I'm going to buy one day one, but Itd make me a lot happier if they were to come out and say they're gonna make a sequel.
Message 3 of 6 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Feb 25, 2013

it might since ps4 does need some recognized launch titles and since ps4 isnt compatible with ps3 games they will have to use a totaly diferent hardware so they might just get ride of the old ps3 hardware to do some launch titles

Message 4 of 6 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Feb 25, 2013
If they make another game they should hire me to help them make it, they don't have to pay me, my payment will be being able to play the best game ever.
Message 5 of 6 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Keep in mind, SSM juggles A LOT of projects effortlessly due to their large team. Sony has already confirmed that the PS3 will be supported post-PS4 launch for atleast another a year. Adding to that, this game is also out on the Vita, so I doubt the game will be completely abandoned anytime soon.

With that said, I do however think that as far as DLC support goes, we'll only see two more pairs of characters, one that SuperBot is working on, and one that SM will work on. After that, maybe a patch or two (not counting any patches released within the time DLC support is occurring), before finally leaving the game alone by the end of the year.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 6 (338 Views)