Mar 16 2013
By: Heisenberg_35_56 Hekseville Citizen 342 posts

Does Evil Cole still have his G.Punch kill confirm

7 replies 211 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

After reading the patch notes I'm still questioning as to whether E. Cole still has his Giga Punch kill confirm. I was really hoping they would change it from crumple to eject roll so that he could still potentionaly combo with it but it wouldn't be a kill confirm.

On a side note, did they buff or nerf Raiden's level 1 and how so?

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 1 of 8 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

Re: Does Evil Cole still have his G.Punch kill confirm

Mar 16, 2013

I believe it no longer works but I'm not sure

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 2 of 8 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Mar 16, 2013

-Evil Cole

-- Neutral Circle max punch start-up increased by 4 frames from 6 to 10, super armor reduced to 10 AP, active hitbox decreased from 13 to 11, increased recovery by 2 frames

Basically saying that willl be slower to do and after he punches will have a recovery.. so noone knows until they actually try it.. Maybe he does maybe he doesnt. we dont know the exact frames from your opponent falling and him recovering. If it takes 2 frames to fall then no. if it takes longer then yeah. As for raiden i have no idea wha they ment by stick velocity. Im thinking its a nerf. And they gave him a huge recover after his 1 so if he misses the super you can walk up to him and kill him.

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 3 of 8 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I think "stick velocity" refers to his ability to move left or right during the super.
Message 4 of 8 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I really hope that Giga punch KC gets nerfed. Playing against E Cole just becomes boring even if you're getting killed or not...
Message 5 of 8 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Evil Cole's giga punch has been nerfed, it will still act as a confirm...I have seen videos of it working post patch but it will have a longer start up and more recovery.

To anyone under the illusion that it is a big nerf it isn't it is stil pretty quick. The good news is that the super armor has been greatly reduced meaning that it is possible to stop it with a variety of other moves. To anyone who is unsure what a frame is it is 1/60th of a second. Meaning that the punch takes 1/6th of a second to occur...that's still pretty fast. You can however rest assured that you can stop him with an attack and all counters will now work on it.
Message 6 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Mar 16, 2013
But wait a minute on gamespot tourney they had the patch downloaded and in the semifinal a the Ecole used it to kc
Message 7 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2138 posts

Mar 16, 2013

hdog321 wrote:
But wait a minute on gamespot tourney they had the patch downloaded and in the semifinal a the Ecole used it to kc

It is still a confirm, all they did was tweak the startup and recovery times as well as the extent of the super armor. They also removed his up grab KC. 

Message 8 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes