Nov 09 2012
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts

Do you really know the characters?

9 replies 259 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

Im sure most of you dont know them all, i for one sure dont
so a friend of mine had no idea what an in depth character sweet tooth really is
so i showed him, only because he siad he would never play a car game
massive spoiler alert for those who havnt played twisted metal, but here is the sweet tooth you didnt know

Spoiler

feel free to add more of your own Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7001 posts

Re: Do you really know the characters?

Nov 9, 2012
Message 2 of 10 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Yeah, I've known of Sweet Tooth since his PS1 outing, but I had no idea what type of character he was until recently - was pretty surprising to be honest (not that I expected him to be a party clown lol).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 10 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Yup. Played at least one game of every franchise.

Kratos- GoW 1-3, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta

Fat Princess- Fat Princess

Cole/Evil Cole- inFamous 1 and 2

Heihachi- Pretty much every console Tekken game

Toro - Doko Desmo Issyo (Played it on an emulator on me Mac)

Parappa the Rappa- I played a demo disc that had the Chop Chop Master Onion track only.

Radec - Killzone 2. Never got into 1 or 3 strangely.

Big Daddy- Bioshock 1 and 2.

Nathan Drake- Uncharted 1 and 2. Played 1 at a friends house, owned 2 for a month before selling it. Never bothered with 3 or Vita one.

Sweet Tooth- Twisted Metal: Head On was my first PSP game.

Sly Cooper- Recently played the HD Collection.

Jak and Daxter- Same with Sly.

Ratchet and Clank- Played 1 as a kid as well as PSP version.

Sackboy- Played LBP1, LBP2, and LBP-PSP.

Dante- Played all the console Devil May Cry games, have been a Ninja Theory supporter for a while.

Spike- Played Ape Escape 2 as a kid, and Ape Escape PSP recently.

Raiden- I have Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, and 4, and I recently acquired Metal Gear Revengeance Demo (Expect a moveset comparision soon).

Nariko - Heavenly Sword. Beat it like 5 times. One of favorite PS3 games.

Sir MANiel Fortesque- MediEvil and MediEvil Ressurection.

I don't know if anyone else on the forums has been able to play 'all'  of them. But I have.

Message 4 of 10 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I didn't watch it all.. just the beginning with the dead lady. Is Sweet Tooth a rapist? 

I think if I don't have any game I really want, that I'll probably try Twister Metal. I played Vigilante back in the PS1 days and I liked it. So I think I'll try Twisted Metal to, for variation in my collection! Smiley Happy

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 5 of 10 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I only didn't know nariko since I didn't have a ps3 at that time still had a ps2
Message 6 of 10 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I don't know all of them. I was aware of all the characters before they were in this (yes, even Toro, but that's largely because of his LBP costume and the research I did on him after that) but some I know better than others.

The six characters whose games I've never played - Sweet Tooth, Radec, Fat Princess, Toro, Dante, Nariko - I vaguely knew about the games and the kinds of characters these guys were, but that was it.

Even with characters I have played I don't really KNOW all of them. For example, I've only ever played Tekken 3, so my knowledge of Heihachi doesn't extend beyond what's in that game, so the rocket super threw me considerably! I also don't recognise all of Kratos' moveset, since I've only played the first God Of War, and it seems there's a lot of stuff from 2 and 3 in his moves. And Spike was unrecognisable to me when he was announced since I only played the first Ape Escape.

Sly, I learned about him after the announcement of the game, since I actually tracked down all his original games (on PS2, since the mere mention of Move capabilities put me off the collection, plus I kinda like having the originals over the remakes - I'm weird, I know), so I know him now, but I didn't to begin with.

Characters I know best and knew before this game are Ratchet, Jak, Sir Dan, Drake, Sackboy, Parappa, Big Daddy and Raiden (not including anything from Rising for obvious reasons Smiley Tongue), and that's pretty much why they'll be the first characters I play around with when I get the game.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 7 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 9, 2012
The only character I didn't know much about was Spike.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 10 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I've only played the following.

Uncharted 1 and 2

Ratchet and Clank 1, 2, 3, and All 3 One

Jak and Daxter 1, 2, and 3

Infamous 1 and 2

Sly Cooper 1, 2, and 3

God of War 1 and 2

Bioshock 1 and 2

Tekken 3, 6, and Tag Tourniment 2

Twisted Metal 2012, as well as getting the Twisted Metal games that came out for the PSOne classics.

Medievil

MGS1, 2, 3, Portable Ops, and 4

DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4

Little Big Planet 2

And I knew Toro because he and Kuro were in Street Fighter X Tekken.

So there are a few characters I don't know but I did do some research on a few like I watched a full playthrough of the first Prappa the Rapper, I looked up gameplay of Fat Princess and Ape Escape, I found a few videos of Toro's games and to this day Heavanly Sword is the only game I haven't researched yet but I will get to it.

Message 9 of 10 (121 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 9, 2012
I knew almost nothing of Spike before this, and my knowledge of Toro was limited to his appearance in SF X Tekken. I knew of Sir Dan, but have never played a Medevil game.

I'm pretty familiar with Heihachi and Kratos having played through and own all of their games over the years. Still need to play U3 but I beat the first two.
Message 10 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Likes