Wastelander
763 posts

Re: Do you like the last boss fight?

Feb 3, 2013
I think that he shouldn't just be taking 3 "hits" worth of damage, and should instead have a giant healthbar. That way every second you spend attacking him counts, and it's actually somewhat possible to have to fight an extra fight (If you haven't killed him after the 3v1, then he could just summon another 3v1). Also, when he smashes his chin, I think that some of his polygon fragments should shoot out, like the Clusterbomb item, in order to make it more of an actual hazard.

And, in a sequel, maybe make it to where he has multiple attacks in-between fights (I'm fine with this as a final boss for Arcade Mode, but if there is a Subspace Emmissary type mode (Which I think is basically required for PSASBR 2), and randomly chooses one (Each about as hard to dodge as his chin smash).
Message 11 of 17 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I did say or any other boss.... You need your eyes checked bro?
Message 12 of 17 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Hell they could've done a mash up, Honestly, polygon man was a weak idea in general. Some history is best left where it is and he should've stayed in the discard pile.
Message 13 of 17 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 3, 2013
If there's a squeal, I hope they learned from the mistake of this forgetton head. I know a ton of nintendo fanboys loved the mockery of this boss. Really? He slams the ground? Hmmmm haven't seen that before...
Message 14 of 17 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 3, 2013
No one would've cried very long if they picked a boss from a good series. The cutscenes. No wait, PICTURES that tell the story are a joke.
Good boss and story > mascot not from any series. You want a boss? Shao Kahn. No representation in the game (dlc ideas don't count) Great relationship with PlayStation AND story would've been easy to make, gathering all the characters to steal their power or whatever. Point is, Polygon man was and is still poop, you can polish a turd all day, it's still a turd.
Message 15 of 17 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I think it's pretty fun but I wish he had a health bar

Message 16 of 17 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Feb 3, 2013

KingKongKandy wrote:
No one would've cried very long if they picked a boss from a good series. The cutscenes. No wait, PICTURES that tell the story are a joke.
Good boss and story > mascot not from any series. You want a boss? Shao Kahn. No representation in the game (dlc ideas don't count) Great relationship with PlayStation AND story would've been easy to make, gathering all the characters to steal their power or whatever. Point is, Polygon man was and is still poop, you can polish a turd all day, it's still a turd.

You seem to lack a basic concept. Polygon Man himself is good representation simply because he's NEUTRAL in the Playstation Universe. His fight can always be improved and adjusted. All other boss choices are ruled out simply because they only represent ONE franchise, meaning favouritism. There WILL be backlash regardless. There's plenty more Polygon Man himself can do when done right, which unfortunately, it was not. Looks like I'm going to have to write out the boss scenario after all seeing as you can't grasp a simple concept. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 17 (27 Views)
0 Likes