Feb 01 2013
By: juann1 First Son 6 posts

Do you like the last boss fight?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 264 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

First of all the boss looks stupid

he should be harder, he should be able to kill you with an attack or something 

and he doesn't do anything new, just morphs into every background figure and that's it

you are just fighting regular fighter at the end, add an epic boss please

IM not saying is bad but it could be better, the way he fights and he attacks you and lets you hit him makes him  a cheap boss

let me know what you guys think

Message 1 of 17 (264 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Re: Do you like the last boss fight?

Feb 1, 2013

No I despised the final fight. I just couldn't stop thinking of Smash while playing through it. The whole different rendered characters you had to fight, made me physical ill, honestly I wouldn't have been surprised if Metal Kratos was one of the  enemies.

Message 2 of 17 (243 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 1, 2013

It wasn't exactly the best boss fight ever.. In my opinion it was very dull, and a little confusing. Nothing really led up to it, and was just kind of there, like "well that just happened". There was no reason or explanation for it. Why is Polygon Man doing this? How did they end up in this weird polygon world? Not to mention how awkward it was to hit him everytime he came down on the stage. The whole thing was just kind of odd and confusing..

Message 3 of 17 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Feb 2, 2013
worst boss fight ever. literally no different to versus match with a few easy difficulty AIs.
a boss from something like subspace emissary would be interesting

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 4 of 17 (208 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Feb 2, 2013
No I do not smash my head to the ground and not kill anyone for it.
Message 5 of 17 (207 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Think of it this way, do you want the arcade mode to be virtually unbeatable like in Tekken 6? Or not to easy to where he just sits there and take it I like the clones you fight their actually difficult
Message 6 of 17 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I played it on All-Star Difficulty. It got super lame after the fighting polygon team arrived and I realized the head can't actuallly hurt or kill you. It's not necesarily the boss' fault though. If he could 1 hit kill you that would be cheap, and a head certainly can't build AP.

Message 7 of 17 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I heard that Zeus from god of war was going to be the boss that would've been much better, even if it was a different boss. They could've done like a 3 life stock match but he doesn't get dazed from regular attacks (kinda like Big Daddy) you'd have to beat on him for awhile (and between all that time he can get a super and kill you) Then after a certain amount of hits, he becomes dazed and you then you can kill him with your super. And with the 3 lifes, To kill him the first time you have to use your level 1, second time, level 2 and third time, level 3. He would become stronger and try to obtain his next level super upon each death. I think that would help to customize using the characters too, because you'd have to use all their supers in a playthrough.
Message 8 of 17 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Not terrible, but could have been better. I feel that his head smash move should result in a kill. Also, he should have done more than background characters. Some original attacks that only he could do would've be cool.
Message 9 of 17 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Feb 3, 2013

KingKongKandy wrote:
I heard that Zeus from god of war was going to be the boss that would've been much better, even if it was a different boss. They could've done like a 3 life stock match but he doesn't get dazed from regular attacks (kinda like Big Daddy) you'd have to beat on him for awhile (and between all that time he can get a super and kill you) Then after a certain amount of hits, he becomes dazed and you then you can kill him with your super. And with the 3 lifes, To kill him the first time you have to use your level 1, second time, level 2 and third time, level 3. He would become stronger and try to obtain his next level super upon each death. I think that would help to customize using the characters too, because you'd have to use all their supers in a playthrough.

I'll break this gently for you... No.

Why? Because that would mean God of War is the favoured franchise for the crossover fighter instead of the Playstation Universe itself. Polygon Man is a neutral character as he has no ties to any franchises other than Sony. The only reason you feel he should be replaced is because of how the fight panned out. I could easily type out a boss scenario with Polygon Man and make his current presentation of his Boss Fight childs play. And you know what? His fight can be tweaked. In the next installment they could ditch this way of encountering Polygon Man and actually change how he attacks the player/is attacked himself.

I refuse to believe there are any other characters suitable for a crossover fighting game boss. Polygon Man is the best choice period. It's all a matter of how Polygon Man himself can be utilized to bring out the "Power" he claims to have. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 17 (128 Views)
0 Likes