Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Re: Do you let ppl 1v1 in 2v2?

Jan 26, 2013
I usually do but lately i've stopped because others dont do it and is unfair..i ran into 2 **bleep**. One was a Kratos of course. Not only did they BOTH gang up on me but they had the nerve to talk crap too.. **bleep** idiots are ruining the game for me. Kratos Needs to be seriously nerfed or removed from the game. The spammin n the fast AP building from him is ruining the game!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Jan 26, 2013

i do let people 1v1 if the opponents partner ditchs them, but what really annoys me is that they would go for me too when they reach a level 2 or 3 >_> and thats when i make it a 2v1 

photo ak0mq_zpsbdfaa4d4.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

It depends on the level. Sometimes, fighting someone 2v1 will make the other person kite you around gaining AP and you have to be able to cut them off which is sometimes hard. On smaller levels, I 2v1 to make the game end faster. Screw honor, we earned this 2v1 advantage.

There are some times where 1v1 with 1 spectator is better. On bigger levels, you wont want to chase them all over. Also, if you can generate AP yourself (PaRappa, Toro, AP generator at Alden's Tower) then I would do that while they 1v1. They either come fight you to stop you (success) or they leave you be and you get free AP to help your team mate (success).

You should never just watch and taunt. Keep the guy close to your team mate or try to protect him from dying. Don't interrupt your team mates combos, but if the player runs away from a team mate that is man-handling him, hold him up for your team mate. If your team mate is struggling, either switch out or give a little assistance. Idle players are useless.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18811 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Interesting, I actually hadn't given much thought to allowing 1v1 in 2v2 if the other partner is out.

Though, just tonight I was doing quickmatch, and was paired up in a 2v2, it was me and toro, vs jak and someone else. The partner for Jak never spawned, so right from the start it was 2v1. 

I jumped in and started fighting, and the toro just ran out of the way, didn't sleep or anything. A couple of times I wasn't sure if he was actually there or not, but if the fight got too close, or the stage pushed him around, he'd move somewhere else. Jak also left him alone, and never attempted to use a super on him. I won, but it still felt more fair.

I may let a 1v1 happen next time i'm in a 2v1, as long as the other team is playing with good sportsmanship (no spamming, no teabagging, etc...)

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I remember this 1 guy, lvl 999 Sackboy (pretty good one too) said on the mic "Don't DT him, it's not his fault his partner ragequit."

...then when he gets to his last life he goes "Screw honor, I don't wanna lose" and DTs. He still lost.

Anyways, I don't DT if and only if their partner d/ced or ragequit. If they were legit eliminated, I do.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 26, 2013

yeaa in 2v2 probably best chances we have in 1v1 online but i wish ppl wud think like that rather then jump ppl just to win... 

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Sometimes. Usually depends on how they play and what character they're using.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

Jan 26, 2013

if the other guy's partner died leaving just him to face me and my partner, yes i let them 1v1. but what i've been running into more and more recently is they not! i'll be in the corner or something so the two can go at it and here come numb $h!t running towards me while my partner beats them down.

hey they wanna pay attention to the one letting them 1v1 rather the one attacking them by all means. its your lose kid, that's all i gotta say.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 26, 2013

No because it's 2v2, get over it.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I sit back and watch if the partner disconnected, died too soon, or ragequit early into the game, If they were actively playing and died off over the course of the game I'll just keep attacking the remaining player, I just want to wrap that game up already.

I make a special exception for Dante or Big Daddy, if his partner isn't there I back out and let him have a 1 on 1 even if he has three lives while we only have one. Those two characters are nothing more than a punching bag when ganged up on.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (68 Views)
0 Likes